British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
frigbo

Rider Database

To bring my database of every rider to appear in league (top 2 div's) racing since 1965, could anyone shed some light on the place and date of birth (and death where applicable) of the following please??

ADRIAN DEGAN

ALAN DAVIDSON

ALAN DRUGGETT

BOB DUGARD

BOBBY DUNCAN (place only)

BRIAN DAVIES (date of death too please)

BRIAN DONOVAN

CARL DOWNS

CHRIS DOYLE

CHRIS DREWETT

DENE DAVIES

GEOFF DAVIES

GREG DEKOK

GRIEVES DAVIDSON

JAMES DENHOLM

JUDD DREW

LEE DERBYSHIRE

LEE DRIVER

LEN DAVIS

LINDSAY DAVIES

LLOYD DOBSON

MIKE DAVIS

MIKE DUROSE

NICK DONCASTER

PETE DYSON

PHIL DISNEY

RAY DAY

RITCHIE DENNIS

ROLAND DUKE

RUSS DENT

SCOTT DONOVAN

STAN DEWHURST

STEFAN DESER

STEVE DAVENPORT

STEVE DAVIES

STEVE DUCKWORTH

Date of death too if poss please of TOM DAVIE

JOHN DEBBAGE

Cheers again!

Edited by Steve Turner

Guest Schumi

RITCHIE DENNIS

From this it looks like it's 16.04.1988

Richie Dennis - Boston, Lincolnshire (Schumi has correct Date of Birth)

Lee Derbyshire - 3/12/81 Stepping Hill, Stockport, Cheshire

Phil Disney - 25/11/70 Halifax, West Yorkshire

Scott Donovan 30/5/71

Carl Downes - 13/11/83 Coventry, West Midlands

Lee Driver - 24/3/82 Brighton and Hove, East Sussex

Bob Dugard - 12/7/42 Hove, East Sussex

Ta muchly!

Pretty sure he's a Brit.

He was a Belle Vue junior in the 90's. Think he may have had a spell with the Sprockets too.

Pretty sure he's a Brit.

He was a Belle Vue junior in the 90's. Think he may have had a spell with the Sprockets too.

He also rode for Poole in '95.........any more info anyone?

Hi, I can confirm Stan Dewhurst DOB is 28/04/1948, he is my dad... and Yes he is still alive... riding his Triumph Bonneville T120 1960 and his BSA... both that he re-built himself from scraps; along with a more recent Truimph model. As his daughter I ride too and have done since the age of about 7 thanks to my dad building my first mtorbike. I do have a few pictures of him riding both on speedway and grasstrack, if you are interested!... His father Adam 'Sonny' Dewhurst has passed away... I think he rode speedway for a club in Liverpool... I could check it out but then again you are not asking about him.

Do you want any other historical facts on him?... Without checking with him I think he rode for Bellevue Aces and then went on to ride for a club in Ireland.... He did retire at an early age due to family commitments and a young wife and family!!...

RE: Stan Dewhurst: I forgot to mention, he was born in London, but was brought up in Formby, Southport, then moved to Oldham, Manchester at around the age of 16 or so. He then moved to the West coast of Wales around the year 1987 and there he remains.

Do you want any other historical facts on him?... Without checking with him I think he rode for Bellevue Aces and then went on to ride for a club in Ireland.... He did retire at an early age due to family commitments and a young wife and family!!...

Hi there. Not sure if Frigbo has seen this yet, but thanks for the confirmation. Your dad rode for Bradford for two years, and his record is below:

http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/thread/831/stan-dewhurst

As for photos, I'd be happy to add one for you, but would ask it be one of your own as we have to respect the copyright of the photographer. I will send you my email address via private message. :)

Unearthed this on Matt Jackson's page:

http://www.speedwayatoz.co.uk/standewhurst.html

Hi, I can confirm Stan Dewhurst DOB is 28/04/1948, he is my dad... and Yes he is still alive... riding his Triumph Bonneville T120 1960 and his BSA... both that he re-built himself from scraps; along with a more recent Truimph model. As his daughter I ride too and have done since the age of about 7 thanks to my dad building my first mtorbike. I do have a few pictures of him riding both on speedway and grasstrack, if you are interested!... His father Adam 'Sonny' Dewhurst has passed away... I think he rode speedway for a club in Liverpool... I could check it out but then again you are not asking about him.

Sorry Typing error 1947 not 1948!! Thanks