British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Issue 25 Coming Soon

Was JD still racing when the eastern bloc was opened up to westerners, seem to remember Hans Nielsen being one of the first when he signed for Motor Lublin.

Remember JD racing in the Bundesliga though

Yep..I only know that because I have a pack of Polish playing cards from the early 90s featuring riders from the Polish League. He is in there. I cannot confirm that he is the Queen of Hearts though.. couldn't resist (again!).. :rolleyes:

Yep..I only know that because I have a pack of Polish playing cards from the early 90s featuring riders from the Polish League. He is in there. I cannot confirm that he is the Queen of Hearts though.. couldn't resist (again!).. :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

my issue arrived in the post yesterday, and its a good one for sure..

Thanks for the bonus taster Tony..really looking forward to reading it. I guess another thing about John Davis is that in many ways, he was a bit of a pioneer of riders racing in more than one league. I seem to recall him racing alongside Egon Muller in the German league in the mid-80s as well as turning out for his British League club, when nobody else had similar arrangements in place. I think I'd be right in saying he was also among the first of the glut of Western riders to race regularly in the Polish League..maybe it was his 80s rock star image that attracted the Poles?! Sorry, couldn't resist... :rolleyes:

Alan Cowland was riding in both England and Germany back in the early 70s,plus there was a guy from Boston(can't remember his name now)who eventually moved out to Germany.Plus let's not forget all the Swedish riders who were comuting back and forth and caused all the controversy with the ban back in the 70s

Alan Cowland was riding in both England and Germany back in the early 70s,plus there was a guy from Boston(can't remember his name now)who eventually moved out to Germany.Plus let's not forget all the Swedish riders who were comuting back and forth and caused all the controversy with the ban back in the 70s

Could it have been Rob Mouncer or maybe Les Glover, and I think there was a guy called Andy Cusworth as well.

my issue arrived in the post yesterday, and its a good one for sure..

Issue 25 didn't...it only went to the printer today!

Issue 25 didn't...it only went to the printer today!

yer kidding me. i live on a correlating quantum plain a month in the future, and if i say i got it... i got it ok? :rolleyes:

Is it just me or am I the only one still in love with JD after all these years :wub:

Cheers TMC am seriously loving Backtrack as well :approve:

Received mine today - EXCELLENT as usual. BONUS for me - big article about my favourite Team SUNDERLAND (Defunct Tracks) :D:D

Guest Steve Dixon
Could it have been Rob Mouncer or maybe Les Glover, and I think there was a guy called Andy Cusworth as well.

From memory, all three rode over there but think Mouncer was the only one who stuck it out for any length of time.

Just read this issue and thought it was the best yet. Excellent pieces with John Davis and Larry Ross. I must say, it always completes the piece if we have a picture of riders "as they are today". Sometimes I feel a little frustrated having read a decent article and yet we can't see what they look like now. But that was not the case with these two. The highlight? JD saying he would have been World Champion under a GP formula! Come off it old boy...he would've still been miles away from being British Champion under a GP formula. :wink:

Sod bloody eBay...what about the poor, hard-working publisher who has 3 kids, a missus (an ex-missus) and 5 dogs to pay for!

Oh yeah, and we also happen to be the main sponsors of this very forum!

Loyalty, I ask you.

Back issues right here, thanks very much:

http://www.retro-speedway.com/

Edited by tmc

Sod bloody eBay...what about the poor, hard-working publisher who has 3 kids, a missus (an ex-missus) and 5 dogs to pay for!

Oh yeah, and we also happen to be the main sponsors of this very forum!

Loyalty, I ask you.

Back issues right here, thanks very much:

http://www.retro-speedway.com/

Nice Post Tony - I did wonder about that. Come on Folks - buy the BackTrack AND Classic Speedway Magazines from the people who actually write and publish them. They are a bloody good read and if we buy them from source we ensure that they continue to be produced.

Edited by ianmartin