Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Phil

Steve Johnston Speedway Testimonial - Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

Hmm, I am deeply concerned - as would anyone... - to see the words "Bryn" and "Full Monty" mentioned in the same sentence..!!! :shock:

I do hope people are not getting the wrong impression about exactly what and how much the Williams fella is threatening to take off in this good cause..!! :wink:

Mind you, even though we're talking of his facial growth, when I last saw this spectacle (nearly a fortnight ago..) it was already of frightening proportions, so I do trust that the drainage system at Brandon will be able to cope with the potential build-up of har when it's consigned to history next month..!! :lol:

Hmm, I am deeply concerned - as would anyone... - to see the words "Bryn" and "Full Monty" mentioned in the same sentence..!!! :shock:

I do hope people are not getting the wrong impression about exactly what and how much the Williams fella is threatening to take off in this good cause..!! :wink:

Mind you, even though we're talking of his facial growth, when I last saw this spectacle (nearly a fortnight ago..) it was already of frightening proportions, so I do trust that the drainage system at Brandon will be able to cope with the potential build-up of har when it's consigned to history next month..!! :lol:

Never mind your waffle Parsnips matey - how much you gonna chuck into the sponsorship kitty?? :unsure::wink:

fiver from me bryn .go all the way and have yer head shaved then mate, :blink:

Edited by jasper wasp

I'll start with a fiver Bryn!!

EDIT

RUNNING TOTAL: ........ £100 Target

20/5.....................£15 pledge ..........£85 remaining

21/5.....................£25 pledge ..........£60 remaining

22/5.....................

23/5.....................

£?? BFD - once I send my Paypal detail!!!

Sandie et al

this is what I believe has been pledged so far;

Sandie............£5

AlGerrie (Cablestar)....£20

Ruckeroo... £4.31

Lucifer Sam....£5

Swift Saint....£5

Jasper Wasp...£5

Ozyace....£5

I make that £49.31 (hope I haven't missed anyone but may have done - look at the time!) so nearly halfway there to MINIMUM required!!!! :wink:

Sandie et al

this is what I believe has been pledged so far;

Sandie............£5

AlGerrie (Cablestar)....£20

Ruckeroo... £4.31

Lucifer Sam....£5

Swift Saint....£5

Jasper Wasp...£5

Ozyace....£5

I make that £49.31 (hope I haven't missed anyone but may have done - look at the time!) so nearly halfway there to MINIMUM required!!!! :wink:

Hi Bryn,

I'll put up £10.69, to make the money even. ;)

But I want to see a large photo of the aftermath pinned up at Kiddlington. :blink::rolleyes:

If I don't see you I'll give the money to Rob.

Paul B)

Edited by paul666

Where's Parsloes with his pledge? :wink:

All the best

Rob

Think Parsnips does the housework on Saturday's Peasepud so he won't need the furniture polish until then!

:lol::wink:

Think Parsnips does the housework on Saturday's Peasepud so he won't need the furniture polish until then!

Actually, a bit of pledge might come in handy after you've had all your locks chopped off :wink:

Looks like Paul Guest has pledged £10 on the Oxford forum. I'll double my original £5 to £10, so by my calculations that makes £75 so far.

All the best

Rob

wow bryn you looked like wolf man yesterday best get 1 of them aussie sheep shearers to cut that lot off :lol:

wow bryn you looked like wolf man yesterday best get 1 of them aussie sheep shearers to cut that lot off :lol:
and a lorry to take it away in. :approve:

Well, possibly like others following the banner link I must confess I thought a "Full Monty" shaver would be operating, shall we say, a little more south of the border.

Now, suppose we all pledge a certain sum as it stands and offer to double it for a full "Full Monty"?

Over to you, Bryn....

Well, possibly like others following the banner link I must confess I thought a "Full Monty" shaver would be operating, shall we say, a little more south of the border.

Now, suppose we all pledge a certain sum as it stands and offer to double it for a full "Full Monty"?

Over to you, Bryn....

Hi Fourentee,

I hope you're not sugesting that Bryn has a Back, Sack & Crack wax are you? :shock:

There will be Kids and people with delicate disposition attending, also it will be just after lunch :blink:

Bryn, will you be selling your locks, I'm sure there are a number of young ladies on here who would like to purchase a bit of the legend that is Bryn :rolleyes::unsure:

Best wishes Paul B)

Carl Stonehewer has been added to the rider line up

Carl Stonehewer has been added to the rider line up

Thanks Phil - Havent had a chance on this one yet but the press release is as follows:

******PRESS RELEASE******

THE JOHNO TESTIMONIAL: Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

Two further names have been announced for Johno’s big meeting – they are Premier League star CARL STONEHEWER (Workington) and Eastbourne’s fast-improving Australian CAMERON WOODWARD.

Stoney’s inclusion should ensure a travelling band of Comets to watch their legend match his skills against the top boys once again.

Although Cameron is a fellow Aussie he says “I didn’t really know Johno back home as he lived a long way from me. However I’m very pleased to be asked to ride in his meeting and to get some more practise at Coventry!”

RIDERS ANNOUNCED SO FAR: LEIGH ADAMS, SCOTT NICHOLLS, JASON CRUMP, CHRIS HOLDER, TAI WOFFINDEN, JOE SCREEN, FREDDIE LINDGREN, DAVID HOWE, MIKAEL MAX, RORY SCHLEIN, JASON LYONS, BILLY JANNIRO, STEVE JOHNSTON, CARL STONEHEWER, CAMERON WOODWARD. DEMONSTRATION RIDE BY PETER COLLINS.

(Note that previously announced riders Greg Hancock and Chris Harris have been forced to withdraw – Greg has his son’s christening and Chris has a Polish fixture).

*****STOP*****

Love the comment about Greg not attending now. You can just hear the argument at home when he put it on the calendar!!! :lol::lol::lol: