British Speedway Forum
Phil

Steve Johnston Speedway Testimonial - Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

I think the question should be "Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be sober enough to be able to text updates to the updates site?" ;)

:D

We have now found a texter......

Looking forward to seeing the young Swede ride - a replacement for Messing ??? or one for the future???? Expect Screeny to pull out after last nights crash so another replacement required seems a shame Smolli cannot come back to ride at Brandon once again.

It is a shame about Smoli, pretty sure he's already racing somewhere.You're probably right about Joe & he'll be gutted,does anyone know who replaces BJ, i hear a rumour of Davey Watt.

Edited by colincooke

It is a shame about Smoli, pretty sure he's already racing somewhere.You're probably right about Joe & he'll be gutted,does anyone know who replaces BJ, i hear a rumour of Davey Watt.

Think Smolli may be riding as the lower leagues are riding in Poland which is probably why Bomber is not competing. davey Watt is indeed replacing BJ.

I've just been on the Coventry Bees site (that's a first :wink: ) just to check it's still on as it's been raining since 5am in the midlands today but Johno insists it will be on as it's going to clear up....fingers crossed...

i'm coming over with bloke and son in tow...it's my sons first taste of live speedway he's 19 months!!! :lol:

I've just been on the Coventry Bees site (that's a first :wink: ) just to check it's still on as it's been raining since 5am in the midlands today but Johno insists it will be on as it's going to clear up....fingers crossed...

i'm coming over with bloke and son in tow...it's my sons first taste of live speedway he's 19 months!!! :lol:

Do you know Lupus, I'm sure she wouldn't wanna miss this. :wink::lol::lol:

*****PRESS RELEASE*****

THE JOHNO TESTIMONIAL: Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

Some bad weather has arrived in the Midlands on Saturday but Johno isn’t concerned, he has checked the weather forecasts for tomorrow and they say it is going to clear through the night and be fine tomorrow.

“Everything seems to be coming together fine,” said Steve on Saturday. “Big thanks again to Dave Watt and Morten Risager for coming in as replacements at such a late stage.

“I only called Morten on Thursday and he rang me back within five minutes to agree. When he was 14 and one of the star Danish juniors, he came to the Golden Helmet with Leigh Adams and I in Leigh’s Motorhome and ended up mechanicking for me!

“It’s funny all these years later he’s racing in my meeting.”

FULL FIELD: LEIGH ADAMS, SCOTT NICHOLLS, JASON CRUMP, LINUS SUNDSTROM, TAI WOFFINDEN, JOE SCREEN, MORTEN RISAGER, DAVID HOWE, MIKAEL MAX, RORY SCHLEIN, JASON LYONS, DAVEY WATT, STEVE JOHNSTON, CARL STONEHEWER, CAMERON WOODWARD, SIMON STEAD. MAESTRO MATCH RACES – SAM ERMOLENKO v RONNIE CORREY. DEMONSTRATION RIDE BY PETER COLLINS.

*****END*****

Edited by Sandie

i really hope the weather clears up cause johno really deserves a gud meeting:D

really looking forward to tomorrow's meeting :D should be a really good one :D

bex x

i really hope the weather clears up cause johno really deserves a gud meeting:D

really looking forward to tomorrow's meeting :D should be a really good one :D

bex x

Bex

just been looking at the forecast and it looks like it will be dry BUT it is going to be windy (strong winds) so people will need to wrap up warm.

Just been chatting to Bryn about the shaving and its on, so dont forget to bring your money along to see Bryn loose some of his body hair.

We may even sell the clippings - so go to the bank and get cash!! :lol:

Bex

just been looking at the forecast and it looks like it will be dry BUT it is going to be windy (strong winds) so people will need to wrap up warm.

Just been chatting to Bryn about the shaving and its on, so dont forget to bring your money along to see Bryn loose some of his body hair.

We may even sell the clippings - so go to the bank and get cash!! :lol:

in june!! thought it was supposed to be summer :lol:

in june!! thought it was supposed to be summer :lol:

Oh yes - with the wind whisltling around the brandon terraces it can get very chilly!!!! :wink::lol:

Oh yes - with the wind whisltling around the brandon terraces it can get very chilly!!!! :wink::lol:

well the last time i was at brandon i was wearing 5 layers!! so i believe you :wink:

mind you that was in october.

hope johno has a good day, he deserves it. :approve:

just wanted to say to have a nice day tomorrow and do some cheering for me as unfortunately i wont be able to make it now as my BF decided to have a DIY accident early hours Friday and is still in addenbrookes (sliced his thumb open and straight thru his tendons n nerve) was hoping to bring him home tonight so could still go but no such luck,as still no operation----good he's worth it aint it :rolleyes:

WHAT???? As a certain American tennis player once said, "You CANNOT be serious!!!!" Once I'm shorne I'm likely to catch pneumonia! :o:shock::(

WHAT???? As a certain American tennis player once said, "You CANNOT be serious!!!!" Once I'm shorne I'm likely to catch pneumonia! :o:shock::(

I can lend you my coventry bees scarf if you want!! :lol:

Will you EVER stop Whingeing, Baldilocks? :unsure:;)