British Speedway Forum
Phil

Steve Johnston Speedway Testimonial - Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

The other thread has been locked hasn't it :cry: .

I'll be happy to get it up & running again though if there are no objections. :unsure::wink:

You can't do that !!.

The forum laughter police will complain again :shock: .

Edited by Concrete Cowboy

**********PRESS RELEASE**********

THE JOHNO TESTIMONIAL: Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

1976 World Champion PETER COLLINS will be turning out for a demonstration ride during Steve Johnston’s Testimonial,
and he will have his World Final winning bike at the event.

The legendary “PC” has known Johno since his early days in the UK. “I’ve been a lot of trips with him – Poland, Germany,
and when he was at Long Eaton I used to go with him back in those days when he was short of someone.

“I took him on his first trip to Lonigo in Italy when he was just a young kid and he did very well, and that sowed the seeds for
what’s happened for him there since. He’s certainly a star in Lonigo!

“He’s a great guy Johno, full of enthusiasm. He’s done really well for English Speedway, come over here and roughed it out and never complained,
made himself a good career. When he goes back to Perth finally he’ll have some great memories of Britain and Europe.”

RIDERS ANNOUNCED SO FAR: LEIGH ADAMS, SCOTT NICHOLLS, JASON CRUMP. DEMONSTRATION RIDE BY PETER COLLINS.

**********END**********
Edited by Sandie

Excellent! Wish I could be there to see PC ride again. :P

The Oxford Speedway Supporters Club are planning on putting a coach to go to Johno's meeting.

As an added bonus, 2 lucky people on the coach will receive FREE ENTRANCE AND ACCESS TO THE VIP AREA. All people on the coach will be given a raffle ticket and the draw will be made on the trip there.

They will be taking bookings at the next SOS GP BBQ on May 10th at the Kidlington Green Social Club, Deposits are £10 per person.

And by the way, if you've never attended one of the SOS organisations GP BBQs, they are really great evenings.

*****PRESS RELEASE*****

THE JOHNO TESTIMONIAL: Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

Steve Johnston has added two of the World’s best young riders to his Testimonial lineup – British Under-21 Champion TAI WOFFINDEN and Australian Champion CHRIS HOLDER.

Tai says “Johno has been around since I was born. He used to live with my mum and dad when I was young and I’ve pretty much grown up with him, out in Australia as well. He’s a great, great family friend, a top bloke.

“He’s definitely good fun and helped me out loads with my speedway. I used his bike when we first came over, and in Australia as well, and he’s given me loads of tips.”

Chris added “I didn’t really know him personally back home because he’s from the other side of Australia but I’ve always known about him, and heard that he’s good to be around. Since I’ve started riding seniors he’s always been good, giving me advice.

“I’m pretty stoked he picked me to ride in his Testimonial!”

RIDERS ANNOUNCED SO FAR: LEIGH ADAMS, SCOTT NICHOLLS, JASON CRUMP, CHRIS HOLDER, TAI WOFFINDEN. DEMONSTRATION RIDE BY PETER COLLINS.

*****END*****

Turning into an excellent line up, and with the top aussies in (hopefully Rory as well) it is bound to be a competitve meeting.

Turning into an excellent line up, and with the top aussies in (hopefully Rory as well) it is bound to be a competitve meeting.
Just wait until Sandie gets hold of you :D

safrican american ;)

You lot are really really mean!!! :cry::cry:

Safrican american I am sure they dont mean it really.

I wrote it with the intention of meaning that hopefully Rory would be included, because out of the top australians, he is one that has not been announced, however it came out a little bit wrong but made me safrican american none the less.

I am gutted i wont be able to go to it. :mad: as ive been informed by my hubby that the moto gp at donnington park is the same day so we will be going to that instead. :cry:

I am gutted i wont be able to go to it. :mad: as ive been informed by my hubby that the moto gp at donnington park is the same day so we will be going to that instead. :cry:

Tracy ,this is the premiere race meet of the year, put your foot down gal. :o

Edited by colincooke

Tracy ,this is the premiere race meet of the year, put your foot down gal. :o

I was thinking the same myself, why doesn't he go to Donnington and you come to Brandon....sorted.. :wink:

:cry: Yeah i know tell me about it the trouble is hes a big rossi fan.well i am to but would prefer to go to steves testimonal than go there to be honest colin,but still nowt i can do. :mad::cry: