British Speedway Forum
Phil

Steve Johnston Speedway Testimonial - Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

I was thinking the same myself, why doesn't he go to Donnington and you come to Brandon....sorted.. :wink:

Ive said that to but he needs the car grrrrrr so no way i can do it,as much as i would love to be there. :cry:

Good list of riders so far. Word of advice Johno - don't ask Lee Richardson. :mad:

Good list of riders so far. Word of advice Johno - don't ask Lee Richardson. :mad:

What's he done now? :unsure:

Not a clue, usual childish dig, thought Gemini knew better ;):P

Edited by Silver Bee

Turning into an excellent line up, and with the top aussies in (hopefully Rory as well) it is bound to be a competitve meeting.

:lol:

Just wait until Sandie gets hold of you :D

You lot are really really mean!!!

Safrican american I am sure they dont mean it really.

I wrote it with the intention of meaning that hopefully Rory would be included, because out of the top australians, he is one that has not been announced, however it came out a little bit wrong but made me safrican american none the less.

Some quality Pooboy bashing there folks . I'm impressed . :wink:

Steve Johnston said over the tannoy last night at Ipswich that Freddie Lindgren will also be riding.

What's he done now?

Nothing.

But don't bother asking him because even if he accepts he won't turn up at the last minute and will have

some excuse. :P

With apologies to Silver Bee and all the Swindon fans. :D

THE JOHNO TESTIMONIAL: Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

There’s no way Steve Johnston could possibly stage a Testimonial without including his great mate, Belle Vue’s JOE SCREEN!

Joe says “He lived near me in Warrington for years until he became a southern shandy drinker!

“We had some good times, he’s been a good mate over the years and he’s always there for everybody helping.

“I do a lot of Testimonials myself and I had to be in Johno’s one. I’m actually having a week’s holiday in Sweden with my family but I’m coming back a day early to be in the meeting, I wouldn’t have missed it, he’s a great mate and he’s always helped me out when he can.”

RIDERS ANNOUNCED SO FAR: LEIGH ADAMS, SCOTT NICHOLLS, JASON CRUMP, CHRIS HOLDER, TAI WOFFINDEN, JOE SCREEN. DEMONSTRATION RIDE BY PETER COLLINS.

What's he done now? :unsure:
Not a clue, usual childish dig, thought Gemini knew better ;):P

I like Lee but he's pulled out of more testimonials than I've had hot dinners.

Has he ever managed to actually ride in a testimonial?

There's no way Steve Johnston could possibly stage a Testimonial without including his great mate, Belle Vue's JOE SCREEN!

Joe says "He lived near me in Warrington for years until he became a southern shandy drinker!

"We had some good times, he's been a good mate over the years and he's always there for everybody helping.

"I do a lot of Testimonials myself and I had to be in Johno's one. I'm actually having a week's holiday in Sweden with my family but I'm coming back a day early to be in the meeting, I wouldn't have missed it, he's a great mate and he's always helped me out when he can."

RIDERS ANNOUNCED SO FAR: LEIGH ADAMS, SCOTT NICHOLLS, JASON CRUMP, CHRIS HOLDER, TAI WOFFINDEN, JOE SCREEN. DEMONSTRATION RIDE BY PETER COLLINS.

Quite right too Phil.

Joe may not be the biggest star name in this meeting, but to stage it without him is unthinkable.

Welcome to the show, Joe.

I like Lee but he's pulled out of more testimonials than I've had hot dinners.

Has he ever managed to actually ride in a testimonial?

Ah....thank you SCB. :approve:

I felt quite guilty about my "childish dig" but I know that while Lee was a Coventry rider he let a lot of people down with promises he didn't keep and I'm like an elephant I never forget. I just can't remember the details that's all. :lol: I know he pulled out of the Briggo's Extreme Races (or whatever it was called) at Coventry at the last minute, also he didn't turn up when he was booked as a guest at the Rugby Supporters club meeting, without letting them know. There are others but you know what my memory is like.

I would think Leigh & Scotty would be definate's along with Judas & Lyonsy.

I can't wait.

SYFL

:approve:

Almost the full field is now known for Steve Johnston’s big day – injuries to Chris Louis and Shane Parker have delayed completion but there are some huge names lined up, including two great favourites not currently competing in the UK.

JOHNO has finally added himself to the list to ride! Well he must have ridden in nearly everyone else’s! :approve:

Coventry riders CHRIS HARRIS, RORY SCHLEIN, and BILLY JANNIRO join the line up.

Almost the full field is now known for Steve Johnston's big day – injuries to Chris Louis and Shane Parker have delayed completion but there are some huge names lined up, including two great favourites not currently competing in the UK.

JOHNO has finally added himself to the list to ride! Well he must have ridden in nearly everyone else's! :approve:

Coventry riders CHRIS HARRIS, RORY SCHLEIN, and BILLY JANNIRO join the line up.

I think we we're almost certain these names would be taking part after Steve mentioned as such when Ipswich visited Brandon. A pity if Shane & Chris are unable to race.

2 favourites not currently riding here, Greg/ Billy H & Smoli i guess?.

Edited by colincooke

**********PRESS RELEASE**********

Almost the full field is now known for Steve Johnston’s big day – injuries to Chris Louis and Shane Parker have delayed completion but there are some huge names lined up, including two great favourites not currently competing in the UK.

The names now being announced are GREG HANCOCK, FREDDIE LINDGREN, DAVID HOWE, MIKAEL MAX, CHRIS HARRIS, RORY SCHLEIN, JASON LYONS and BILLY JANNIRO.

Oh yes, and JOHNO himself!

RIDERS ANNOUNCED SO FAR: LEIGH ADAMS, SCOTT NICHOLLS, JASON CRUMP, CHRIS HOLDER, TAI WOFFINDEN, JOE SCREEN, GREG HANCOCK, FREDDIE LINDGREN, DAVID HOWE, MIKAEL MAX, CHRIS HARRIS, RORY SCHLEIN, JASON LYONS, BILLY JANNIRO, STEVE JOHNSTON. DEMONSTRATION RIDE BY PETER COLLINS.

**********END**********