British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fatface

Wembley & Crystal Palace

Not THE speedway museum. But in the last couple of weeks I have been to both the Crystal Palace Museum and was also at the new Wembley Stadium, where I was pleased to see speedway's role well acknowledged in both their respective histories. The Crystal Palace one was a charming little place, with programmes and pics of Tom Farndon amongst others. And at Wembley, there are several old trophies and programmes and a run-down of the sport's history at the stadium. One thing they could do with though, is a programme from the 81 Final (last ever meeting there) and one or two pics. Don't know if any kind soul has anything spare, but I reckon if you do, there can't be many better places to house it for the sport's exposure.

.. at Wembley, there are several old trophies and programmes and a run-down of the sport's history at the stadium.

Thanks for this.

Interesting that the Wembley museum DOES acknowledge Speedway..:and that is very good news! :approve: