Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Blazeaway

Live Polish Speedway On The Internet

Grr -

Watched last weeks with a litle bit of buffering. And up to heat 9 everything was fine this week.

Now (and I guess its due to numbers) I have lost the lot.

Not a happy bunny :cry:

You guess wrong. Streams on the internet actually run better the more people that are watching. Problems occur when people join the stream late or connect using crap internet connections. So for next week if everyone logs on well before the start and people with crap internet connections don't bother we will be just fine. :)

Does anybody how to actually recieve the tv coverage fromk Poland I have a non sky reciever and dish pointed at hotbird but dont seem to get tvp sport is it a sunscription channel ? If it is does antbody know a way of a uk resident getting a card for the service

Another new meeting has just gone online from Sunday.

Marma Rzeszów - Unia Leszno

http://www.itvp.pl/anteny/tvpsport/

By the way, if you use a small peice of software called Cucsoft Streamdown, you can download these streams on the fly to your hard drive, then afterwards convert them to dvd to watch on TV. The quality is pretty good and well worth doing.

Not working for me :unsure:

Not working here either!! :angry:

Magic. Woking a treat for me!

Woking is a nice place but wouldnt say it was a treat, but you dont get out much do you steve?

The TVP net coverage has ignited my interest in Polish speedway, even watched the magazine programs, wifes going ballistic

Just checked out the speedway plus website, and there are some photos of the Chorzow stadium which looks great.

However I don't see them listed as a current team, did they go bust or are they now known by a different name, any info would be appreciated.

From what I can gather.

Leszno - Are the current powerhouses with an awesome team and great crowds.

Zielona Gora - Passionate fans, knackered stadium, they will be my team, I used to work for Mickey Mouse :wink:

Gorzow - Young upstarts, great new stadium, millionaire backer?oh and now Gollob

Czestochowa - World Champ, anything else?

Torun - Hooligan fans?

Rzeszow - Pi$$ Poor

Tarnow - Recognise the name as being a strong team from years gone by but this year they look awful

Wroclaw - Faded Granduer? the Belle Vue of Poland, am I off the mark?

1st Division

Gdansk - Look the part, have they been an Ekstraliga team in the recent past

Polonia Bydgoszcz - Matueszs team,spiritually Gollobs home, shock relegation last year, good colours :lol:

Ostrow - Naughty boys :rolleyes:

Any other big players in this league?

Who have been the top teams since the start of the 90s?

Would appreciate any links to Polish Speedway websites written in English so that I can fill in the gaps in my knowledge also a map showing the Polish speedway clubs

Cheers

Zielona Gora - Passionate fans, knackered stadium, they will be my team, I used to work for Mickey Mouse :wink:

Gorzow - Young upstarts, great new stadium, millionaire backer?oh and now Gollob

Torun - Hooligan fans?

Rzeszow - Pi$$ Poor

Tarnow - Recognise the name as being a strong team from years gone by but this year they look awful

Leszno, about right.

Zielona Gora, again, about right - devoted fans who sometimes go a little too far.

Gorzow are hardly upstarts - one of the great names of Polish speedway and home to Jancarz and Plech, but just returned to the top flight.

Czestochowa have the world champion and their stadium was re-constructed a couple of years ago.

Torun - a little unfair, but shows how an isolated incident can adversely affect perceptions. And their backer is the fifth richest man in Poland, Roman Krzysztof Karkosik.

Rzeszow aren't that bad - they were missing Nicholls and Zagar at the weekend.

Tarnow - lost the crucial sponsorship which enabled the Rickardsson-Gollob golden years.

Wroclaw - champions in 2006, but suffered a lot of rider losses over the winter (Andersen, Holder, Bjerre and Klindt)

Gdansk were in the Ekstraliga in 2005 and avoided relegation on track, but financial problems meant that they were relegated to the third tier of Polish speedway - it was all a bit messy, I remember, but they ended up in the second tier and appear strong at the moment.

Edited by Subedei

The TVP net coverage has ignited my interest in Polish speedway, even watched the magazine programs, wifes going ballistic

Just checked out the speedway plus website, and there are some photos of the Chorzow stadium which looks great.

However I don't see them listed as a current team, did they go bust or are they now known by a different name, any info would be appreciated.

From what I can gather.

Torun - Hooligan fans?

Rzeszow - Pi$$ Poor

1st Division

Polonia Bydgoszcz - Matueszs team,spiritually Gollobs home, shock relegation last year, good colours :lol:

Ostrow - Naughty boys :rolleyes:

Any other big players in this league?

Who have been the top teams since the start of the 90s?

Would appreciate any links to Polish Speedway websites written in English so that I can fill in the gaps in my knowledge also a map showing the Polish speedway clubs

Cheers

Rzeszow's rating is a bit harsh. Ever since their recent promotions, they are a bit of fairy-tale club, promoted by a woman and on a track which is simply superb. I suggest you have a look through youtube to see some the stuff rode there last year. Sadly now Pedersen has gone (couldn't afford him) - they will struggle for a no.1.

Tarnow were previously owned by a Oil company - the trio of Rickardsson, Gollob and Kolodziej fired them to league titles but last year, when the company disappeared from the Speedway scene(Orzel something?), it went sour riders unpaid etc.

I understand Chorzow was a one-off man-made track built for a GP - it's now the national football team's stadium.

Liga I does have the darkhorses in the Latvians, Daugvapils. Remember Laguta from the Latvian Gp, he rides for them.

Edited by Hazzman

Tarnow were previously owned by a Oil company - the trio of Rickardsson, Gollob and Kolodziej fired them to league titles but last year, when the company disappeared (Orzel something?), it went sour riders unpaid etc.

Rafineria Trzebinia was the company that financed Tarnow's glory years.

And the company hasn't literally disappeared - they're still going, just not sponsoring Tarnow anymore.

Liga I does have the darkhorses in the Latvians, Daugvapils. Remember Laguta from the Latvian Gp, he rides for them.

And so does his brother, these days.

Edited by Subedei

One of my fav tracks and stadiums to watch speedway.

Zielona Gora - Passionate fans, knackered stadium, they will be my team, I used to work for Mickey Mouse

Probably the most annoying fans in the world (with a few exceptions, of course).

A team of one season.

Pedersen and the rest. Should be enough for the bronze medal.

Torun - Hooligan fans?

Nah, there are better firms. Bydgoszcz' perennial enemy anyway :approve:

Rzeszow - Pi$$ Poor

Still far better than Tarnow.

Rubbish indeed. Wondering if they can win any match this season.

Crump and the rest. Should be enough to stay up in Ekstraliga.

Good team, but not as good as Bydgoszcz.

Polonia Bydgoszcz - Matueszs team,spiritually Gollobs home, shock relegation last year, good colours

This season's Division 1 winners. Gollob coming back next yr and we're back in the game :wink:

Ostrow - Naughty boys

Naughty..?? Almost as good as Bydgoszcz but with -7 pts they are gonna have to wait one more year...

Ostrow - Naughty boys

Naughty..??

I think that he's referring to the bribery scandal at the end of last season, Mateusz.

Probably the most annoying fans in the world (with a few exceptions, of course).

"annoying" ...Thats a new one :) How r we annoying? That we show up in the largest numbers to all away meetings (not to mention home) and that we have the most passionate fans in the sport...? or Am I missing something? :lol:

"annoying" ...Thats a new one :) How r we annoying? That we show up in the largest numbers to all away meetings (not to mention home) and that we have the most passionate fans in the sport...? or Am I missing something? :lol:

Well, among other things - yes :rolleyes: Personally I can't stand all those guys writing everywhere about the holiness of Falubaz, the magic of Falubaz etc.. There are just too many of you wherever you click on. And personally I simply can't wait the revenge for the last season :P:wink: And we'll never forgive Pepe, by the way!

I respect you guys but you're just.. annoying.

Sounds like Poole V Coventry!! :lol:

So what meetings are live tomorrow on the internet?