Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
driver17561

Slovenian Grand Prix

And there would be no speedway in the UK

Dont remember him being too keen to ride in the wet himself

UK speedway, certainly at EL level is doing a fine job of destroying itself, it does not need the assistance of the big O or anyone else for that matter:blink:

He always has championed riding in the wet & argued that it can & should be done.

QUOTE (Rob B @ Apr 28 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Night was all about gates 1 & 2 you could forget 3 & 4 and after the rain that got even worst.

Not according to the former British champion and global superstar it didn't. According to the excuses of Nicholls, as reported in the Speedway Star: "Then the rain came down before my last two rides off the inside and the outside gates weren't quite such a disadvantage at the end".

That's completely wrong. Olsen was something of a mud-lark in his day

Messed up the 1977 World Final somewhat, though.

All the best

Rob

Just watched Sky coverage, I thought it was a great GP, but they need some new cameramen. The amount of times the leader was not in the shot. And coming into bend 1 on the second lap, time and time again there was a pass that was missed, that you had to what for the reply and hoped they showed it. And has Nicholls got a deal with Sky, why focus on him close up when he's in fourth place, when there's a good race developing 80m in front of him.

This years GP could have been the last one...

May I ask why? What does this incident have to do with GP? It's true that speedway track is pretty close to the plant, but when we are speaking about potential danger of nuclear power plant, even 100 km is close. Krsko power plant is safe, in over 20 years of operation there were no major problems.

From what Slovenian media are reporting, yesterday's incident was nothing too serious, although European comission issued quite serious warning. One of the pumps in the power plant's primary cooling system started leaking a little bit, therefore they decided to shut the power plant down. The leak was not big and immediate shut down was not necessary, but they shut it down as a precaution. They will replace the pump in the next few days and the power plant will then continue to operate.

Our media are also reporting that this incident didn't effect the environment or population. Even the employers working inside the power plant were not endangered, because noone was in the area where malfunction occured. There was some small amount of radiation in the primary cooling system of the power plant, but not much.

May I ask why? What does this incident have to do with GP? It's true that speedway track is pretty close to the plant, but when we are speaking about potential danger of nuclear power plant, even 100 km is close. Krsko power plant is safe, in over 20 years of operation there were no major problems.

From what Slovenian media are reporting, yesterday's incident was nothing too serious, although European comission issued quite serious warning. One of the pumps in the power plant's primary cooling system started leaking a little bit, therefore they decided to shut the power plant down. The leak was not big and immediate shut down was not necessary, but they shut it down as a precaution. They will replace the pump in the next few days and the power plant will then continue to operate.

Our media are also reporting that this incident didn't effect the environment or population. Even the employers working inside the power plant were not endangered, because noone was in the area where malfunction occured. There was some small amount of radiation in the primary cooling system of the power plant, but not much.

Now I know it wasn't a close at all then. I guess my first question should have ended with ...at this track.

tomaz, pics will come this evening.

Edited by f-s-p