British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
norbold

Barbie

Don't forget to get your tickets for the Speedway Museum barbie this Saturday, 26 April at 1:00 p.m.

Tickets are £15 which includes lunch and admission to Paradise Wildlife Park as well as the Museum.

Tickets are available from Vic White, 90 Ruskin Avenue, Long Eaton, Notts, NG10 3HX. Tel: 0115 9736041. email: legend333@btinternet.com

See you there!

Edited by norbold

I wondered what Barbie might have to do with the speedway museum. Perhaps Ken has a bike and appears occasionally in Pirates colours? :D

You should have popped round for my BBQ, Norm!

Don't think it was a 'Barbie' was it? Did anyone go? :unsure:

No, as it happens, it wasn't. It was a buffet inside a marquee. But it was wonderful. Peter really laid on a spread! There were a number of celebs there, including Freddie Williams, Len Silver, Vic White, Vic Gooden, Trevor Hedge, Colin Pratt, Bert Harkins, Terry Stone, Les Beaumont, Pete Saunders, Dingle Brown and Peter Sampson of course.

I was hoping to have some photos on the web before now, but Mrs norbold took the photos with her new Canon 400 which takes Flash Cards. For some reason my computer absolutely refuses to download photos from a Flash Card. So I've been waiting for her to download them but she has so far not done so saying something about getting the garden straight being more important than a lot of old geezers at a speedway reunion. Women!

Edited by norbold

Aaah, that explains it then, I'll tell you now then ...I was there and you are spot on, but when I couldn't find a report on it anywhere I thought I had been dreaming again!! ...or my medication wasn't working!! I seem to remember a chap going round with a notepad asking people's names. I wondered if he might be from the thought police so I made one up. :wink::lol: Look forward to seeing the photos. Thanks.

At last. Photographs from the first year anniversary celebrations: Click Here

Nos 30-37 (the last 8).

Edited by norbold