British Speedway Forum
Scunny Stag

Where And When To Ride? The Next Available Track Action

Matt Davis, who did an excellent job listing practices hasn't the time to maintain the Practice thread. As I run the main track sessions at Scunthorpe I do have the time and motivation so if the mods can sticky this I will do my best to ensure that all practices/amateur meetings/mini track sessions etc. are entered at the earliest opportunity. To quote Matt "When new dates are announced I will add them, and could I ask for people that know when days are on to post on this thread as well as their own thread, so I can keep it updated"

Just because the practice day is posted below, it does not mean it is definitely on and I can't guarantee all practice days are listed below. Further details will usually be available on separate threads but please check with the staging club/track before traveling.

List last updated 25th February

4th March - When I came to make my weekly update, something I've been doing for close to six years, this topic, which has close to 49,000 views, is now not tagged. In fairness I'm a far bigger fan of Facebook and the real people who are on there rather than this forum so I think I'll save some time and simply suggest people visit the amateur speedway group on there at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/119385468124452/

Edited by Scunny Stag

Northside runs every 2 weeks for Training if there are any more amatuer meetings iI will let you know when I find out, Next training session 10th May

Can confirm the following for the Dragons with more to be added:

Bank Holiday Monday May 26th at Newport

Bank Holiday Monday August 25th at Newport

Sunday September 21st at Newport.

Thanks for taking the calender over, it must be very useful to the riders - I only wish somebody had thought of it a few years back :-)

Vince,

I can only agree with you. A good piece of work from Richard.

Richard, this is long overdue and something which should benefit everyone. It may even prevent clashes of fixtures - how often in the past has there been a dearth of events only to find three on the same day!!

I think Stoke have a practice on the 4th May which clashes with the Amateur meeting at Scunthorpe.

Vince,

I can only agree with you. A good piece of work from Richard.

Richard, this is long overdue and something which should benefit everyone. It may even prevent clashes of fixtures - how often in the past has there been a dearth of events only to find three on the same day!!

I think Stoke have a practice on the 4th May which clashes with the Amateur meeting at Scunthorpe.

Thanks for the info gents. Is the Stoke thing a practice or just the assessment day? If its a practice do I add it to the list without there being a separate thread with details (start time and contact number in particular)?

Richard,

It is an open practice. Start time is 12 and it runs until 4pm.

Contact is Dave Tattum on 07789 028 003. I would add it to your thread in case somebody wants a practise, instead of racing at Scunthorpe.

Thanks GC!

I've added it but it seems bizarre that a club runs a session but doesn't publicise it on here.

All my best ideas were stolen from someone else :wink:

there will be a practice day (weather permitting), on the sunday 18th may at Arlington on the main track and the junior track, this will be open practice with no need to book just turn up and ride, cost is £35 main track £25 junior track (special deal for those who ride both saturday and sunday on junior track), Come and practice on an Elite league track offering you expert advise, up to date bike set ups,

we are here to help you!

from 11am - 3pm

If you would like any more information please contact us on: 07511 893003

Edited by struddy2

Due to the circumstances at Newport Speedway the Dragons meeting for Bank Holiday Monday 5th of May has had to be cancelled. Members will be updated with further information as soon as it becomes available.

Richard,

It is an open practice. Start time is 12 and it runs until 4pm.

Contact is Dave Tattum on 07789 028 003. I would add it to your thread in case somebody wants a practise, instead of racing at Scunthorpe.

STOKE is cancelled this sunday.The track is being used for the under 15's licence assesements.

Phil

Northside open practice on 24th May cancelled due non availability of paramedic.