British Speedway Forum
Scunny Stag

Where And When To Ride? The Next Available Track Action

Nine provisional dates for Scunthorpe's 'in-season' practices have been been added to the list (see post one on this thread). With the eight amateur meetings scheduled during the season there is an opportunity to ride at Scunthorpe virtually every other week during the season, underlining the clubs commitment to British speedway riders and their development.

We will do all we can to run on the stated dates but Premier League/National League fixtures may mean we are forced into a change at some point. Before traveling any distance to practice at any track it is a good idea to double check that the practices are still on. All Scunthorpe practices will be publicized on a separate forum thread.

Next training day at Weymouths Wessex Bus Raceway will be Saturday 28th February.

The amateur meetings which were provisionally set for the following two Sundays, 10th May and 30th August, at Scunthorpe have been moved to the Saturday afternoons (9th May and 29th August) to accommodate other activities.

Sadly I've unexpectedly had to move another amateur meeting because a PL fixture change was made without consultation. The meeting due for 2nd August will now be run on Saturday 1st August and be run one hour earlier (12-4pm) so I can get to Workington afterwards.

The September meeting, Saturday 26th, has also had to be brought forward an hour to ensure I can get to the NLRC at Rye House afterwards.

Another amateur meeting at Scunthorpe has had to be moved from the Sunday to the Saturday. This time it is from Sunday 12th April to Saturday 11th April primarily because it gives us two days to get the track ready for Easter Monday's double-header meeting but we may also benefit in moving it from Easter Sunday (something I hadn't realised when it was originally planned).

For your info the newly designed Scunthorpe website (www.scunthorpespeedway.com) should have much more information and be easier to navigate when it comes to finding the amateur meetings, practices & mini-track information.

An extra session at Scunthorpe has been added for next Saturday 28th Feb. We will also run on the Sunday and riders who ride on both days get the second day or just £15 (first session £35, U-15s £25). see separate thread for full details.

Saturday 14th March Wessex Bus Raceway...Weymouth

Willie - I'm very sorry I missed your posting. Feel free to send me abusive PMs in future :oops:

Richard,

Keep up the good work on the diary and it is good to see you planning ahead for 2010. No excuse for fixture clashes!!

Looks like Rye House have changed most of their 2009 Sunday dates to Saturday now.

7/11, 14/11, 21/11, 28/11, 5/12 and 12/12.

Sunday 1st November stays the same.

I think that Newport are running every Sunday from the 1st November but can't find confirmation of that fact.

Martin

Richard,

Keep up the good work on the diary and it is good to see you planning ahead for 2010. No excuse for fixture clashes!!

Looks like Rye House have changed most of their 2009 Sunday dates to Saturday now.

7/11, 14/11, 21/11, 28/11, 5/12 and 12/12.

Sunday 1st November stays the same.

I think that Newport are running every Sunday from the 1st November but can't find confirmation of that fact.

Martin

Thanks Martin. I can't find anything on the Newport website about proposed practices dates after Sunday 1st so it is difficult for me to put something.

If someone can confirm when they will be running to I'll get them posted up. Of course no one should take the dates on this list as gospel and should check with the staging track/club before travelling to meetings/practices etc.

Guys I need some help.

My plan was to come over this weekend to race at Scunny on the 20th and 21st. Well, that got cancelled because of this rubbish weather.

Can someone please confirm if the practice at Weymouth on the 20th and the practice at Sittingbourne or either Newport on the 21st will be on?

Guys I need some help.

My plan was to come over this weekend to race at Scunny on the 20th and 21st. Well, that got cancelled because of this rubbish weather.

Can someone please confirm if the practice at Weymouth on the 20th and the practice at Sittingbourne or either Newport on the 21st will be on?

Sorry about Saturday Jesper. However, we are still hoping to run the practice session on Sunday.

Cheers,

Richard

Don't worry mate, not your fault.

Anyway, I think we'll stay home... the weather forcast is still crap for the weekend and I'm not taking the risk to come over and then get the news it's off :cry:.

Oh well, always a next time. We'll try it again in April/May when the weather should be better hopefully.

13th and 27th june 2010 are practices at stoke.

11th of july is to be reserved for an amateur meeting.

Please note that during the season in particular I haven't always got enough time to go looking through all the other threads to find new sessions/meetings and add them to this one. Please can clubs add the details of your session to the bottom of this thread to ensure they don't get missed.

Thanks,

Richard