British Speedway Forum
skid row

Swc Round 2 Coventry 14th July

Anyone have any info please?

Do you mean riders or Nations?

If you mean Nations, It's GB, Sweden and Denmark plus the winners of the round containing Italy, Finland, Slovenia and the Czech Republic being held in Ljubljana on 29th June.

Coventry definitely looks the tougher of the two rounds, with the other Semi having Poland, Australia, Russia and the winner of Germany, USA, Hungary and Latvia.

If you mean riders, that probably hasn't been decided yet.

Thanks Henry, any information really, I thought maybe it was too early for individual riders.

I'm hoping to get down to see this meeting, especially now I know Denmark and Sweden will be competing, and if Finland get through maybe Nemo will be riding too, me being a Comets fan who will I cheer on then? :lol:

:lol: With all due respect to their opponents, you have to think that the Czech Republic would need to make a massive mess of things to fail to reach Coventry, and save you the worry of whether to support your team's boy or your nation's boys.

So we dont know which riders will be riding .... but we can take a good guess with it being at Coventry

GB

Scott Nicholls, Chris Harris, Lee Richardson, Simon Stead and Oliver Allen (think being at Brandon will force David Howe out sadly)

Sweden

Andreas Jonsson, Fredrik Lindgren, Jonas Davidsson, Peter Karlsson and Mikael Max ?

Denmark

Nicki Pedersen, Hans Andersen, Neils K Iversen, Bjarne Pedersen and Charlie Gjedde.

Czech Republic

Tomas Topinka, Adrian Rymel, Ales Dryml, Lukas Dryml and Michal Makovsky.

So we dont know which riders will be riding .... but we can take a good guess with it being at Coventry

GB

Scott Nicholls, Chris Harris, Lee Richardson, Simon Stead and Oliver Allen (think being at Brandon will force David Howe out sadly)

Sweden

Andreas Jonsson, Fredrik Lindgren, Jonas Davidsson, Peter Karlsson and Mikael Max ?

Denmark

Nicki Pedersen, Hans Andersen, Neils K Iversen, Bjarne Pedersen and Charlie Gjedde.

Czech Republic

Tomas Topinka, Adrian Rymel, Ales Dryml, Lukas Dryml and Michal Makovsky.

Is that a good guess?Leaving out Tomicek or Bjerre?Not sure about the sweden team either with Max

Is that a good guess? Leaving out Tomicek or Bjerre?Not sure about the sweden team either with Max

I wouldn't have thought it's a good guess.

Sweden are surely more likely to go with Forsberg, Kling, Zetterstrom or Nermark ahead of Max,

While I suspect that the Czechs will be looking at Tomicek and Sitera, over Topinka and Makovsky, although I do think Adrian Rymel stands a chance of being selected.

As for the Danes, well, you've got Bjerre and Mads Korneliussen to consider, along with Gjedde.

Right now Mikael Max must be the least probable of all swedes to get picked for the SWC, and I'm not even talking swedish speedway riders but all swedes.

Also I'm far from certain the Czech will qualify, I think both Finland and Slovenia are in with a fair chance.

IMO i wouldnt pick neither PK or Max.

my team would currently be:

Andreas

Fredrik

Jonas

Daniel Nermark

and i think Billy Forsberg or any of the other young guns.

IMO i wouldnt pick neither PK or Max.

my team would currently be:

Andreas

Fredrik

Jonas

Daniel Nermark

and i think Billy Forsberg or any of the other young guns.

Any updates about the team? I know the squad of GB and Sweden, but has no idea whom might ride for Russia, DK, Poland. Someone who knows?

sweden should be

AJ

freddie

ruud

llung

nermark

(think being at Brandon will force David Howe out sadly)

Think he's doing a decent enough job of that himself lately ;)

Any updates about the team? I know the squad of GB and Sweden, but has no idea whom might ride for Russia, DK, Poland. Someone who knows?

Poland squad is:

Damian Baliński

Rafał Dobrucki

Wiesław Jaguś

Jarosław Hampel

Rune Holta

Tomasz Gollob

Tomasz Jędrzejak

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Janusz Kołodziej

Adrian Miedziński

Piotr Świderski

Grzegorz Walasek

GB

Personally I dont think Howe would be that close, Kennett and Woffinden would be ahead of him.