Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

I know its 50. So by your previous quote, he is lucky be there. I refer to your statement regarding 30 GPs.

The difference between Rune and Scott is that Rune has not had to rely on the generosity of the authorities to get a GP spot in the past but has got in by qualifying.

As regards why it has took Rune so long to win one, I think that is a bit of a surprise. He has been one of the top performers in the Polish and Swedish leagues for years and has put in plenty of good rides in the GP's. Time after time he seemed to cock up at either the gate or by over riding in Semi's, but last season was a bit of a break through when he reached the podium a couple of times and rode his socks off to overcome a poor start to the series and finish in the top 8.

Hope he can qualify by right again this year, because with the political rubbish that goes along with the nominations I fear a less worthy rider might get a spot at his expense. For example this ridiculous notion that the Brits must have 2 riders in the series.

Sub

No fully agree with you ..Gollob should have gone...

jb

JB - sorry, I disagree. The referee was correct in excluding Jonsson.

Gollob did nothing wrong.

All the best

Rob

Dear me, your not awfully clever, are you?

The point is only: your quote regarding 30 GPs, is RUBBISH.

Your quotes about Nicholls not being near winning is RUBBISH. Best finish 2nd for Nicholls, 3rd for Holta prior to last night.

This is nothing to do with 'lets compare Holta and Nicholls', more to do with your 'lucky to get 30 GPs if he wasn't British', I am picking up on this point, much to your obvious discomfort!

Whatever way you want to twist, and turn, you are wrong, yet you cannot just hold your hands up. Its funny. I am going to leave it here, as the quotes tell the full story. You petty little hatred towards one rider is pathetic, and your quote are very wrong. Its a shame, because mostly you have good value with opinions, but this time you are wrong, and its clouding your better sense of making judgements.

Edited by Authorised

I think everyone knows why you dont like me and why you argue against me...and that is because i am a fan of the multiple British Champion Scott Nicholls......If you detest him so much why did both you and schumi want an interview with him on the WWOS

To provide information for the people that visit our little site. We have a fair few Coventry supporters and many who admire the former British champion. And I don't detest him. I just don't agree with those who claim that he's the greatest thing since the microchip. If people were realistic, it wouldn't be a problem. But they aren't, are they?

The point is only: your quote regarding 30 GPs, is RUBBISH.

How is it?

If he'd been thrown out at the same time as Holta, how many GPs would he have completed? I guess maybe 8 missed in 2005, 8 missed in 2006, 10 missed in 2007 and 3 missed so far in 2008. Because, facing facts, he isn't likely to qualify via the qualifiers, is he?

Sub

Can you show me a quote where i have said he is the best thing since sliced bread.

If you were to ask me i would say he has been very disappointing this year...But ever the optimist as a Brit i will still hope he comes good......and believe he will.......

However the reason i argue with you is that i do not agree with you being disrespectful to him...or in actual fact.to any..rider...fan...or member of this forum ...which you are every day.....I find it distasteful and unneccessary....and quite frankly if you cannot win an argument without insulting someone i find that pretty poor.......You are a clever guy...you dont need the insults to win an argument....but its like you cant help yourself and you need to think of yourself as upper class as opposed to the other people who use this forum......Im sure a lot of people find this abrasive behaviour funny...but trust me there is nothing clever in it

jb

Guest Schumi
You have been waiting for that have you not........My computer seems to be playing up though cos i cannot find your highlighting of all the insults Sub has thrown out...

You told me you "have tried to refrain from insults". If you can't do that then you can't complain if someone else does it.

I think everyone knows why you dont like me and why you argue against me...and that is because i am a fan of the multiple British Champion Scott Nicholls......If you detest him so much why did both you and schumi want an interview with him on the WWOS

I can answer that, seeing as it was me who asked. I thought he'd make an interesting subject, and he was topical at the time. And I had nothing against him, as you well know. I've even posted a thread praising him recently.

Edited by Schumi

Guest Sir Lunchalot
However the reason i argue with you is that i do not agree with you being disrespectful to him...or in actual fact.to any..rider...fan...or member of this forum ...which you are every day.....I find it distasteful and unneccessary....and quite frankly if you cannot win an argument without insulting someone i find that pretty poor.......You are a clever guy...you dont need the insults to win an argument....but its like you cant help yourself and you need to think of yourself as upper class as opposed to the other people who use this forum......Im sure a lot of people find this abrasive behaviour funny...but trust me there is nothing clever in it

jb

I'm a bit worried about Sub to be honest jb. he never used to be quite so personal but lately it seems like every argument needs some assistance along the way with a personal insult or two thrown in for good measure. Hopefully it's just a "David Koresh" phase he is going through and normal service will be resumed soon.

This tread is so entertaining :unsure: Unlike the GP which due to track conditions was very hard work. I think Tony Steel is a decent enough referee and got his decsions right.

He doesn't twist and turn like a twisty turny thing :approve:

Sir Lunchalot

Thats exactly what i am getting up....He has some great points about speedway and indeed life and me and him have locked horns on numerous occassions but recently every argument has been used with insults to people...which is not right

jb

thought the gp was pretty good. some cracking races. sadly just as many falls though.

gutting to see iversen injured, i feel hes made a good impression on the series so far as well as upping his game in the leagues.

lindgren was brilliant last night.

people who moan at pearson have many valid points but generally i like him, purely because of his enthusiasiam etc. millard is a totally different matter though - hes shocking.

Hello from the states

Only being able so far to see the main. I dont get why people are questioning the power from Rune. If you watch, you can clearly see no wheel spin on his tire. He is clearly hooked up on the outside.

Pederson gets great start but clearly is spinning in the water down the inside coming out of first turn. Lindgren has rut problems half way through first turn and then has to back out of it down the back straight away. Crump looks very weary the entire race. Leg is down the entire straightaway end of first lap.

From my point of view was a great race on a real bad track.

You guys are so lucky being able to see these races. The US once again drops the ball broadcasting these events. But will be in Cardiff for my first trip to England. As a retired rider I cant wait.

P.S. anyone have a link to see the AJ crash?

there might be a clip of it on the skysports website, not too sure though.

millard is a totally different matter though - hes shocking.

I don't think he's ever called the wrong winner of a Grand Prix.

thought the gp was pretty good. some cracking races. sadly just as many falls though.

gutting to see iversen injured, i feel hes made a good impression on the series so far as well as upping his game in the leagues.

lindgren was brilliant last night.

people who moan at pearson have many valid points but generally i like him, purely because of his enthusiasiam etc. millard is a totally different matter though - hes shocking.

I like them both , I think they do an ok job. Of the two I perfer Mr Millard :lol: