British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue 80th Anniversary Meeting

July 28th (the exact date of 80 years of Belle Vue Speedway) is the night of the Belle Vue 80th Anniversary meeting, today Belle Vue have released details of most of the lineup and ticketing details.

Lineup so far confirmed :

Leigh Adams

Jason Crump

Scott Nicholls

Chris Harris

Charlie Gjedde

Chris Holder

Simon Stead

Joe Screen

Jason Lyons

Tai Woffinden

Billy Forsberg

Lukasz Jankowski

Steve Boxall

Jonas Raun

2 riders left, awaiting confirmation.

There are discounted pre-booked tickets available which also means you won't have to queue at the turnstiles (big crowd expected). Also VIP tickets available too. The promototion have some great ideas for this meeting and it definatly won't be one to miss, they are organising as many Ex-Belle Vue riders to be there as possible plus some special guests too!

Press Release :

GRAND Prix men Leigh Adams, Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris will head a hot challenge when Belle Vue celebrate their 80th anniversary at Kirkmanshulme Lane on July 28.

The One51 Aces' management are busy attracting a top international field for the club's night of nights when their double World champion, Jason Crump, will be out to resist allcomers in the battle for the coveted Peter Craven Memorial Trophy.

The current Belle Vue team will be competing apart from their No 8, Robert Ksiezak, the Glasgow rider who has been deputising for long-term injury victim, Steve Boxall.

Invitations have also been accepted by two highly popular former Aces riders, Birmingham's veteran Aussie Jason Lyons, dubbed Mr Belle Vue by fans for his 13-year stint with the club, and Simon Stead. He remains a Belle Vue asset but is riding for Coventry on loan this season.

However the Aces, in keeping with their tradition for encouraging young riders, have also booked in two of the sport's outstanding rising stars in Tai Woffinden, of Premier League Rye House, and Poole's Aussie flier Chris Holder.

The meeting will be contested by 16 riders over the traditional 20-heat formula and will be part of a carnival night to mark the club's remarkable achievement of never having closed since the first meeting in 1928, also on July 28.

Craven, a double World champion before his death in a crash in 1963, is one of a number of Belle Vue legends over the years and the club are busy finding as many former riders as possible for a pre-meeting parade.

Aces' chief David Gordon said: "We are still finalising what will be a top field for the meeting and we are delighted that Leigh, Scott and Chris have accepted their invitations.

"They are all very quick round Belle Vue so our boys will have to be on their toes if we are to mark our big night with a home winner.

"We invited Tai Woffinden after his brilliant show when guesting for us in May and, likewise, we have been very impressed with Chris Holder.

"We are working on a variety of other attractions because we are proud of this club's history and mean to make the night a huge success."

Gordon Pairman, the Aces Financial Director, has prepared admission and VIP packages with concessions for supporters who buy their tickets before June 30.

General turnstile admission: £20 or £18 before June 30; Concessions (OAP and students): £14.00 or £12.50; Junior (12 – 15): £7.50 or £6.75.

Pre-purchase will only be available through applications to Belle Vue Speedway, Highland House, Europa Triangle, John Gilbert Way, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1FP either by sending in a cheque, with an SAE, or by phone with a credit or debit card on 0161 877 8908 (office hours)

There will be a limited number of VIP entries at £50 (£45 if bought before 30 June) to include: Admission, Souvenir Programme, Buffet, Reserved seat and guaranteed admission to the post-match event in the Willoughby Suite. There will be no concessionary or child rates for VIP tickets.

The Aces will endeavour to ensure that star guests, plus as many of the night's riders as possible, are available for the Willoughby Suite event and a raffle or auction is being planned.

Numbers at the post-match event will be restricted and tickets, priced at £3, will only be available on the night.

Season ticket holders will be entitled to free admission to the meeting or, if they want a VIP ticket, they can buy one for £30 (£25 if bought before June 30).

Supporters who have paid for reserved seats at league matches will not have them available for this meeting.

If they could get Tomas Gollob and Nicki Pedersen in that line up then I think they would get alot of supporters interested in this meeting.

Does anyone know how many spectators the stadium is able/licensed to hold?.

Just wondering in the hope that we might have to buy in advance in order to avoid being locked out.

Edited by manchesterpaul

I am really looking forward to this meeting and would appeal to fans everywhere to come along and be part of the celebration.It is not every season that we see a 80th birthday celebrated.The management seem to be working hard on ensuring the event will be a success.The vip tickets seem to be good value with a buffet etc etc included in one of the stadiums suites.Perhaps Sky could be approached with a view to televising this event for those who cannot attend,but as we all know,it is not the same as being there.Make this a date in your diary and join us in celebrating the 80th anniversary of the worlds most famous and successful club. :approve:

I am really looking forward to this meeting and would appeal to fans everywhere to come along and be part of the celebration.It is not every season that we see a 80th birthday celebrated.The management seem to be working hard on ensuring the event will be a success.The vip tickets seem to be good value with a buffet etc etc included in one of the stadiums suites.Perhaps Sky could be approached with a view to televising this event for those who cannot attend,but as we all know,it is not the same as being there.Make this a date in your diary and join us in celebrating the 80th anniversary of the worlds most famous and successful club. :approve:

No we don't want sky covering it, that would drastically cut the crowd! They wouldn't cover it anyway.

Heard they were trying to get Carl Stonehewer to this meeting to get a good following from Workington.

Heard they were trying to get Carl Stonehewer to this meeting to get a good following from Workington.

Would make sense but would like to see Nicki Pedersen and Gollob as someone mentioned earlyer in the Thread or Greg Hancock.

Was really looking forward to this until Coventry re-arranged their fixture against Peterborough on the same date.looks as if this also means replacements required for Bomber and Steady.

Was really looking forward to this until Coventry re-arranged their fixture against Peterborough on the same date.looks as if this also means replacements required for Bomber and Steady.

What a bummer should teams not be working together.

What a bummer should teams not be working together.

When you have meetings such as this they should blockout other elite fixtures. Maybe its got something to do with Sky as I believe Wolverhampton are also riding against Ipswich.

When I was last down at Belle Vue a little Dickie bird told me that they were bringing out the programmes for this meeting early .Any news on when they are available

just say i am praying for a warm day

When you have meetings such as this they should blockout other elite fixtures. Maybe its got something to do with Sky as I believe Wolverhampton are also riding against Ipswich.

When I was last down at Belle Vue a little Dickie bird told me that they were bringing out the programmes for this meeting early .Any news on when they are available

I full agree, I know Coventry have a massive fixture pile up but this is not just a big meeting for the aces is a big meeting for British speedway as its our 80th anniversary.

I would like to see Lindback, Nicki pedersen, Hans Andersen and gollob brought in.

I full agree, I know Coventry have a massive fixture pile up but this is not just a big meeting for the aces is a big meeting for British speedway as its our 80th anniversary.

I would like to see Lindback, Nicki pedersen, Hans Andersen and gollob brought in.

Are you stupid?

It's been posted that Coventry will be riding PETERBOROUGH on that day.

Edited by Silver Bee

Ridiculous that Coventry are riding that night now, I bet they won't be using R/R and guest for Harris and Stead who already had a commitment booked.

How is it ridiculous? Noticed our fixture backlog? :rolleyes:

You'd be bloody unhappy if your opposition had 2 riders missing and facilities given for a meeting that really means very little.