British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue 80th Anniversary Meeting

Those nasty bees!

How dare they try and rearrange a league meeting when it clashes with "the most famous club in the worlds" birthday!

Aghhhh! Here we go again - Belle Vue and Coventry fans just can't resist falling out can they? :mad:

I'm sure we can find replacements, and with the Bees having a fixture backlog, it's only fair that they use this night. There you go, the voice of reason, it's not that hard is it? :unsure:

Are you stupid?

It's been posted that Coventry will be riding PETERBOROUGH on that day.

Do you have to be so rude to people? It's quite easy to make a mistake or not read all the relative posts. Why can't you just point something out without implying someone is stupid? It must be really nice to be perfect like you. :P

Anyway to get back on topic I don't know why some Belle Vue fans are critical of Coventry's re-arranged meeting. It's just one of those things which happen in speedway and if it means Bomber and Steady have to miss the Belle Vue anniversary unfortunately it's just too bad as I doubt they are "committed to the booking" as RobB has stated. Anything down in writing? Of course the Elite League takes priority. At least Killer Cat from Mars is talking sense.

Are you stupid?

It's been posted that Coventry will be riding PETERBOROUGH on that day.

Didnt read it fully just the Coventry bit, so I dont think theres any need to so rude.

Do you have to be so rude to people? It's quite easy to make a mistake or not read all the relative posts. Why can't you just point something out without implying someone is stupid? It must be really nice to be perfect like you. :P

Anyway to get back on topic I don't know why some Belle Vue fans are critical of Coventry's re-arranged meeting. It's just one of those things which happen in speedway and if it means Bomber and Steady have to miss the Belle Vue anniversary unfortunately it's just too bad as I doubt they are "committed to the booking" as RobB has stated. Anything down in writing? Of course the Elite League takes priority. At least Killer Cat from Mars is talking sense.

lol Posted my reply before I read yours.

It is disappointing that steady and hariis cant ride but I dont think Coventry had much choice with their backlog.

Do you have to be so rude to people? It's quite easy to make a mistake or not read all the relative posts. Why can't you just point something out without implying someone is stupid?

He didn't imply anyone was stupid. He asked a civil question ;):P

BTW, loved the comment, "When you have meetings such as this they should blockout other elite fixtures.". "meetings such as this"? What, a poxy individual? Meeting that Jonas Raun is riding in? :rolleyes:

It's a nothing meeting to all but BV fans. I genuinely hope it's a great day for them but nobody else really cares about this any more than any other individual, do they? I could understand if it was 16 of the World top 20-25 rider and was of the standard of the Poole meeting earlier in the year, it would mean something then.

Just how is this more important than a league fixture? Maybe Coventry can claim all their meeting are important as they're current EL, KoC and Craven Shield Champions so nobody should ride on a day they're riding on? :unsure: I'm sure the BV fans would agree about the Craven Shield in particular.

Killer Cat from Mars seems to be the only person from BV with any sense of perspective. (edit, ans superace)

Edited by SCB

Coventry complaining about fixture backlog they have only had 4 meetings postponed exactly the same as Belle Vue. Why is it since the fixtures came out they have only had two meetings planned in June. If they are suddenly wanting to ride on a Mondays now why not rearrange some Mondays in June.

Some of you are ridiculous with your comments of "meeting that really means very little", "poxy individual" I know you've been only going to speedway a handful of years but is also the 80th anniversary of speedway in this country this year and Belle Vue are the only club to be running 80 years. Lets see when its Coventry's 80th anniversary if you are calling it a nothing meeting.

Edited by Rob B

QUOTE (Rob B @ Jun 8 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Coventry complaining about fixture backlog why is it since the fixtures came out they have only had two meetings planned in June. If they are suddenly wanting to ride on a Mondays now why not rearrange some Mondays in June.

Some of you are ridiculous with your comments of "meeting that really means very little", "poxy individual" I know you've been only going to speedway a handful of years but is also the 80th anniversary of speedway in this country this year and Belle Vue are the only club to be running 80 years. Lets see when its Coventry's 80th anniversary if you are calling it a nothing meeting.

stop getting your briefs in a twist

league fixtures are far more important than some poxy 80th year meeting.

Coventry complaining about fixture backlog they have only had 4 meetings postponed exactly the same as Belle Vue. Why is it since the fixtures came out they have only had two meetings planned in June. If they are suddenly wanting to ride on a Mondays now why not rearrange some Mondays in June.

Have you actually looked at the fixture list for the Bees being as you seem to know what to do to get some Mondays on in June?

Grand Prix this Saturday so no meeting as usual on Friday.

Monday June 16th at Belle Vue. K.O.C.

Friday June 20th Bees v Belle Vue K.O.C. 2nd leg.

Sunday June 22nd Steve Johnston Testimonial.

British G.P. at Cardiff June 28th so no meeting on Friday as usual.

Monday June 30th at Lakeside.

So exactly which ones would you like us to call off and rearrange so we don't upset some Belle Vue fans? Perhaps you'd also like us to ride on our off night Monday June 23rd so we have 3 meetings in four days at Brandon?

Edited by Gemini

Those nasty bees!

How dare they try and rearrange a league meeting when it clashes with "the most famous club in the worlds" birthday!

You forgot to mention the most successful :wink:

Ah...but that doesn't apply this season so we're keeping quiet. :lol:

QUOTE (Rob B @ Jun 8 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and Belle Vue are the only club to be running 80 years.

How come were having an 80th aniversary meeting this year then? Genuine question and not trying to be clever.

I hope BV can find some decent replacements for Chris and Simon.

Why have a 80th anniversary ? what next 93 ,118 ? if it was the 100th i might understand this is just a complete waste of time .

How come were having an 80th aniversary meeting this year then? Genuine question and not trying to be clever.

I hope BV can find some decent replacements for Chris and Simon.

Wolverhampton first opened 80 years ago but have have since closed down several times, Belle Vue have been running for 80 years non stop.