British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blazeaway

Gp Series 2009

Someone on here recently suggested Chris Holder for the wildcard at Cardiff. I see no reason why that should not be the case.

Hasn't the wildcard for Cardiff got to be British? :unsure:

Whos got a higher average, Bridger or King?

Bridgers second season. How many has King had in the EL?

I am not Bridgers biggest fan but he has far more talent, and once nurtured correctly could go a long way. King I am afraid won't get much further.

Jason Crump wasn't. :wink:

No.

It can be anyone the BSPA or SCB (not sure which body) proposes.

No.

It can be anyone the BSPA or SCB (not sure which body) proposes.

Ah, ok.

Good call to have Holder as the wildcard then - he'd certainly do much better than what the likes of David Howe, Simon Stead and Lewis Bridger would.

Holder is certainly a more worthy candidate for a wild card than any of the Brits i'm afraid .

Ah, ok.

Good call to have Holder as the wildcard then - he'd certainly do much better than what the likes of David Howe, Simon Stead and Lewis Bridger would.

Not going to happen though, is it?

Guest PanthersChamp06

Thought the winner of the British Championship is the wildcard?

and Steve....I agree Lewis has talent, but Danny has made a good step up this season, so dont count him out yet

I remember was it Hans or Matej Zagar being wildcard in somewhere like Latvia the other year.. or it could have happened for both riders at some point.. I think having the wildcard from that country just creates more local interest hence the reason it's done when a rider can be competitive.

Don't like to say it but fact of the matter is Holder puts many Brits to shame and would be well worthy of a place in ANY Grand Prix and would be well entertaining, unlike the Brits, I'm struggling to think of a young Brit who could mix it in a GP right now!

Edit - British Final decides the wildcard for Cardiff, poor line-up dressed up by Nicholls and Bomber and unfortunately I can't see whoever the wildcard will be adding anything, whether it's Tai Woffinden (good little rider but not ready yet) or Ricky Ashworth (as amusing as it would be).

Edited by tigerblues

Not going to happen though, is it?

Unfortunately not.

Thought the winner of the British Championship is the wildcard?

and Steve....I agree Lewis has talent, but Danny has made a good step up this season, so dont count him out yet

And yes the highest placed non GP rider from the British Final will be the wildcard at Cardiff. James Wright anyone? :rolleyes:

Holder is certainly a more worthy candidate for a wild card than any of the Brits i'm afraid .

If a non-Brit can be the wild-card - What about Piotr Swiderski!

I remember was it Hans or Matej Zagar being wildcard in somewhere like Latvia the other year.. or it could have happened for both riders at some point.. I think having the wildcard from that country just creates more local interest hence the reason it's done when a rider can be competitive.

Hans Andersen may have been a "wild card" in Sweden (Scandinavian Grand Prix) in 2006, while Zagar was a "wild card" in Italy a year earlier.

Rune Holta was also a "wild card" for the Scandinavian Grand Prix in 2005, in spite of being a Norwegian Pole.

Edited by Subedei

Well OK, here is one for you:

In the SGP Regulations 2008 it states as follows:

WILD CARD RIDER

Proposals must be made in writing to the FIM not later than 2 months prior to the meeting.

The SGP Commission will make the final approval and nominations.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Does this mean that all we had to say was that whoever won or was the highest scoring rider in the British Final other than Nicholls or Harris would be the Wild Card for Cardiff and that was agreed?

and if the SGP Commission make the final approval surely if they don't agree with whomever this is then they will just put someone else in anyway :unsure:

and if the SGP Commission make the final approval surely if they don't agree with whomever this is then they will just put someone else in anyway :unsure:

Oh I think they'll approve anyone, as long as it's not the nominator's Aunt Irene.

Someone on here recently suggested Chris Holder for the wildcard at Cardiff. I see no reason why that should not be the case.

Would agree with that.