British Speedway Forum

I am sat in our hotel after being to the GP. Sorry but for me thr GB boys were consistently left at the gate. This is where the top boys really are , for them to grab the points and then move to the semis.

Will post again after my GP blues

The Dryml V Lindgren incident was a tough one. Dryml did nothing wrong, and didn't even see Lindgren. The reason I belive that Lindgren got excluded was because he used his elbw as he came through and the ref saw that.

Thought Gollob deserved his win. Rode well all night. Correct 4 in the final.

Also glad to see a full house. Much bigger crowd there tonight than there was 5 years ago when I was there.

Made a difference only being three stands open too

JESZCZE TEGO LATA TOMEK GOLLOB MISTRZEM SWIATA!

This surprising victory in the Danish territory has a special taste :D :D :D

Apart from his first ride, I actually thought Nicholls rode quite well tonight. With a better first ride and without a couple of mistakes he made, a semi-final place was certainly on the cards. However Chris Harris was just awful. It looked so promising when he came 2nd in his first ride, too. :neutral:

I agree, he was well on the pace tonight, but he still lacks that killer instinct at this level. When to close the door hard, when to take the race line well wide.

sadly i have to speak as i saw it bomber and scott were rubbish tonight.will they be any better at cardiff lets hope so their performances in the grand prix this year have been utter garbage .to not win a heat so far is unbelieveable :angry:

Hope Mr Andersen saw Freddie's reaction to his exclusion...no hands waving or swearing. Relieved he and Lukas walked away.

Good GP tonight, Nicki didnt look so dominate which is good for the seris overall...Leigh and Hans look so good in the league but are so inconsistant in the GP. Well done TG!

Guest chris26
Good GP tonight, Nicki didnt look so dominate which is good for the seris overall... Leigh and Hans look so good in the league but are so inconsistant in the GP. Well done TG!

agreed, good racing this evening :approve:B) - and Gollob winning on a temporary track. blimey :o:lol:

to be fair, Nicki has never won his home event in six attempts. and sure, he hasn't won any gp's this year... but erm, he still has a lead in double figures ;)

Edited by chris26

agreed, good racing this evening :approve:B) - and Gollob winning on a temporary track. blimey :o:lol:

to be fair, Nicki has never won his home event in six attempts. and sure, he hasn't won any gp's this year... but erm, he still has a lead in double figures ;)

And quite a convincing lead, too. 11 points clear at the top.

Guest chris26
And quite a convincing lead, too. 11 points clear at the top.

exactly, just goes to show you don't have to win as long as you consistently make the Top 3 each event. :D

I really enjoyed this GP. The track looked excellent and held up throughout the whole meeting which showed in the racing. Some great chasing and passing, exactly what I expect to see from the best riders in the world!

What's to say about the two Brits, I just can't see either of them getting into the GPs for 2009. There are better riders than them not racing this year as it is. I'd love to see Hampel, Holder, even Saifudtinov(sp) getting stuck in.

Roll on Cardiff, if the racing there is as good as tonights was, I'll be happy. :)

Edited by Jenkie

Good to see a non-Dane win the Danish GP when half the field seemed to be Danes. Thought Crumpie rode very well, coming from behind more than once,which was not easy in this class of field. Very,very glad that the winner was NOT Pederson N. :rolleyes: Sorry that Mr Clean did not do better :cry:

Guest chris26
What's to say about the two Brits, I just can't see either of them getting into the GPs for 2009. There are better riders than them not racing this year as it is. I'd love to see Hampel, Holder, even Saifudtinov(sp) getting stuck in.

Roll on Cardiff, if the racing there is as good as tonights was I'll be happy. :)

agreed, the rate they are going, there could well be NO british riders next season. :neutral::unsure:

nicholls to be fair rode better as the meeting wore on. just ashame he had such a crap start. :D

Not a bad GP for a temp track. Good to see TG start to put some pressure on Nicki. Crump looking like he is enjoying his racing.

Harris starting to look way out of his depth now.

Must add I love those start girls at Scandinavian GPs. Sweden or Denmark - always the best ones of the series.