British Speedway Forum
idh

Exeter Falcons

Good news for Exeter, hope they can get back up and running.

One problem though would be, where are the riders coming from?

Edited by cometsfan2k4

Good news for Exeter, hope they can get back up and running.

One problem though would be, where are the riders coming from?

Which fits in well with my question of which league the Falcons would start in. :wink:

Falcons site updated with press releases

checkout the main WEB Site here

Falcons WEB Site

Go to News Section

Great news!

Fingers crossed for the final decision!

I guess Exeter would be in the PL as its the level they've been most successful in and had their longest spells!

Riders come from all areas. Don't forget theres more than a few CL riders who could ride in the next level up in reserve berths!

Mark Simmonds is one who I'd guess would be interested in riding for Exeter again?

Mark Simmonds is one who I'd guess would be interested in riding for Exeter again?

I could be wrong - but I think Plymouth have it somewhere on their forum that he may ride for them next season in the PL

Fingers crossed for the Falcons. loyts of NIMBYS about to come out of the woodwork though. Expect the "my dog dropped dead" as the bikes revved story to come out, as well as plants dying at the local garden centre from the fumes, Aunt Mauds tea party wrecked etc etc etc. ala Weymouth had to put up with.

With Plymouth going PL and Somerset up the road, there could be some very jicy and lucrative local derbies to race in 2009. Good luck to all concerned.

Seemond stephens as well, maybe michael coles, roger lobb, mark loram to drop down, jason prynne :D

Fingers crossed for the Falcons. loyts of NIMBYS about to come out of the woodwork though. Expect the "my dog dropped dead" as the bikes revved story to come out, as well as plants dying at the local garden centre from the fumes, Aunt Mauds tea party wrecked etc etc etc. ala Weymouth had to put up with.

With Plymouth going PL and Somerset up the road, there could be some very jicy and lucrative local derbies to race in 2009. Good luck to all concerned.

2009 could be a very good year, best of luck Falcons. :)

The Speedway feature shown tonight on local TV can be viewed on the following link- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/ then click the watch BBC Spotlight option on the right. The Speedway coverage starts at 7.48 minutes in to the programme. Will be available until Thursday Evenings Spotlight takes over.

There were a load more people there than that shows-that was just the guys at the tables in the function area-there were at least 150 there

Edited by Nevs

Trump says there is no room in PL for Exeter at the moment, but how can that be true with doubts over Newport and the fact Oxford would have been allowed in this season but came up short?

Trump says there is no room in PL for Exeter at the moment, but how can that be true with doubts over Newport and the fact Oxford would have been allowed in this season but came up short?

That is the one part of the statement that doesn't add up, I agree.........but given viable tracks applying for PL status, I'm sure the BSPA would find a way to squeeze them in............in fact we may find one (or more) clubs are 'forced' into the EL to allow the newcomers into the PL. :wink:

Sounds very promising and I will keep my fingers crossed for the Falcon supporters.