British Speedway Forum
idh

Exeter Falcons

Breaking news from the Supporters Club Meeting

Just Announced by Allen Trump at the Supporters Club Meeting and its what all Falcons Fans have hoped to hear.

Planning application has been submitted to Teignbridge Council for Speedway at Haldon Racecourse;

more to follow

or checkout the main WEB Site here

Falcons WEB Site

Edited by idh

Good news, any idea how likely is it to be accepted?

Edited by marron

Excellent news.

Stage 1 completed - long road ahead though but little steps all the way so long as they keep going forward.

Good luck guys :lol:

Good news, any idea how likely is it to be accepted?

More news when Nevs and Co return from the meeting

one more update from Peregrinner

In Go ahead. The ecology report has used Matchams park as comparison.

that is great news fisrt hurdle over (everyone hopes) and in 2009 speedway at exeter once again :D

Here's hoping. :lol:

:blink::blink:

Great news for all Falcons fans. Hopefully all the eco issues are now resolved.

Just got in at tad early- meeting just winding up when I left daughter has a touch of tonssilitis and needs bed.

Well it all appears to be positive news from tonight.

I believe there will be press releases issued tomorrow-The BBC cameras were there.

From the notes I made........

Online application went into Teignbridge today,Hardcopy goes in with plans and drawings etc by hand tomorrow.

Decision will have to be made within 13 weeks.

Provided Planning is granted with the next 13 weeks the track and terracing will start to be laid immediately so that Exeter will be able to race in 2009.

Initially,provided planning is granted,and Allen feels more positive than he ever has before that this will be the case,Exeter will initially run along the lines of Somerset initially with the basics in place as it is unlikely a grandstand can be completed in time for 2009-so would people rather leave it another year or get the track up and running again and the Falcons Flying again asap.

All in all a very positive evening,I have made other notes but as I understand it from Tony on the Exeter forum there will be press releases to the media going out tonight/tomorrow which no doubt will be posted on here.

There was a BBC camera crew in operation for a feature tomorrow night on the local news from events from this evening,so they will obviously give more detail than we can from our scribbled notes.(those of you that Know Mary the most travelled Falcons fan from her travels to your tracks watch out-as I saw her being filmed for her views along with a couple of other fans-will post a link when she appears--Go Mary :approve: --I turned the offer down-too shy :P )

All in all a very positive and encouraging situation to be in at this moment in time with the planning going in.

Great news. :approve:

Mark Simmonds also completed the evening with a very honest question and answer session which was great to listen to.

Well done those behind the scenes and fingers crossed for the next 13 weeks and the next meeting which hopefully will be about getting the place built.Follow the press releases for more detail in the next few days.

Edited by Nevs

Best of luck to the Falcons from all at Cradley-fingers crossed for ya Nevs!

Well it sounds positive. Fingers are crossed everywhere now I should think.

Here's hoping the same can be said for all the other places who are waiting for the go ahead.

Keeping it all crossed for you all, hope it's a positive outcome.

Very encouraging news. Still a long way to go I guess, but fingers crossed we see the Falcons back in 2009.