British Speedway Forum

Charles Wright needing his brothers hand to holdring a bell?

I'd say that was an accurate assessment.

Dont think Doyle did anything wrong in the final, he was just doing what anyone else would have done for there team, trying to win it!

He would have got stick from everyone if he fled off and left them, and nows hes geting stick for doing everything he could to win it for the team!

Just cant win can you..

What he was doing was OK until coming off the final bend. :rolleyes: What he did at that point was dangerous :angry:

I don't think Nieminen was too impressed - there were certainly words said on the parade lap. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Very enjoyable meeting tonight at Somerset, best meeting of the year so far :) plenty of passing in every one of the 24 heats :), Workington deserved the win in the end just.....

Bring on cardiff

Very enjoyable meeting tonight at Somerset, best meeting of the year so far :) plenty of passing in every one of the 24 heats :), Workington deserved the win in the end just.....

Bring on cardiff

Cardiff won't be half as good as what you saw tonight B)

Ps. Your signature is still wrong regarding the Somerset team! :rolleyes:

Najjer's view on the meeting can be read HERE!

Well done Comets :)

Like your write up Najjar, very good!.

Ive always said even since your Conference League days, the club has massive potential,

but either by intention or mistake you have a very good race track, of which produces very good racing!. Talking to your main Team sponsor after the meeting by phone and he said both Doyley and Emil gave it everything that could have been asked of them, and more!.

Unlucky Doyley And Emil!.

Edited by Starman2006

Congratulations to Workington.

As far as the referee goes,Im with Subedei all the way.His ego is bigger than he is,and he isnt slim. :wink:

Also,I am more than happy to accept Lucifer Sams version of events.I consider Rob to one of the few on here to 'tell it as it is,worts and all'.

Thanks or the pics,IDH

Shame I missed what sounds like a cracking meeting.

Like your write up Najjar, very good!.

Ive always said even since your Conference League days, the club has massive potential,

but either by intention or mistake you have a very good race track, of which produces very good racing!. Talking to your main Team sponsor after the meeting by phone and he said both Doyley and Emil gave it everything that could have been asked of them, and more!.

Unlucky Doyley And Emil!.

Unlucky!! They had all the luck in the world in the semi final!! How the ref could make such a cock up is beyond me.

This was my first visit to the Oak Tree Arena and what a meeting to attend. The racing was first class, far better than anything ive seen in the so called Elite League this year. The track prep was excellent and, imo, puts every Elite League track to shame.

I will certainly be making more trips to Somerset if the racing is as good as that every week.

Brilliant!!

Somerset hotline said off... people already at track said on :rolleyes:

Anybody know why the hotline said it was off ? Myself and a few others were coming over up until we rang it, god knows how many others did the same.

Cardiff won't be half as good as what you saw tonight B)

Ps. Your signature is still wrong regarding the Somerset team! :rolleyes:

What part of it :rolleyes: , by the way i cant be perfect all the time Najjer :wink:

Unlucky!! They had all the luck in the world in the semi final!! How the ref could make such a cock up is beyond me.

This was my first visit to the Oak Tree Arena and what a meeting to attend. The racing was first class, far better than anything ive seen in the so called Elite League this year. The track prep was excellent and, imo, puts every Elite League track to shame.

I will certainly be making more trips to Somerset if the racing is as good as that every week.

Brilliant!!

That was the reason i wanted to go to Somerset this season as u get racing like that most weeks, but IMO that meeting was 1 of the best i have ever seen, top quality racing&passing. Plus the added bonus the crowd looked massive biggest i have seen @ Somerset B)

SCB wrote:

Superb, Brilliant, Amazing, Awesome, Out of this World, Stunning. WOW!

Truly great meeting, so many great passes to even dare pick a few out.

Bloody hell it must have been a good meeting to get this response from Shawn!!!!!

Perhaps a letter to the SCB from all the fans regarding Graham Flint's decision wouldn't go amiss, if he's a bad ref and doesn't do his job properly then something should be done?? Back up your boos?

Edited by Trees

Superb, Brilliant, Amazing, Awesome, Out of this World, Stunning. WOW!

Truly great meeting, so many great passes to even dare pick a few out.

Can't disagree with that SCB, it was a truly brilliant evenings entertainment. Like last year full of great passes, when are Sky going to learn these are the meetings they should be covering rather than constant trips to watch EL borefests!

The track was superb and congratulations to all concerned for getting on with things - 20 qualifying heats in 90 odd minutes show that speedway meetings dont have to be long drawn out affairs and the entertainment just kept coming. The last four races were awesome with riders changing positions almost every lap.

Great performance by Workington who fully deserved to win, always looked a likely pairing. Feel a little sorry for Ostergaard who was the rider of the night, two EF's from Lemon and a 'strange' decison in the Semi, a number of people feeling Lemon had passed Doyle to claim Reading's place in the final.

Very impressed with Ty Proctor on his first visit to Somerset and also Tommy Allen, Rye looked a weak pair but only just missed out on the semi finals. Surprised to see the Sheffield pairing go so well and as always Jason Bunyan was great value especialy in his first ride.

Best meeting of the year by a mile, well worth the journey from Mildenhall, set out at 10am and returned home just before 2am. Just hope whoever decides these things keeps the PL pairs where it belongs now, at The Oak Tree Arena Somerset :approve::approve:

Superb meeting, brilliant entertainment, ostergaard in a class of his own all night long.

Very impressed with ty proctor, pity havvy didnt turn up, bunny was super early on, numerous superb races.

Worthy worky were winners in the end after a desperate decision robbed reading their chance in the final, i sort of feel justice was done in a funny sort of way.

Cant help feeling sorry for poor old lemo tho, he rode a beamer to get past doyle and still never got the decision.

Track was terrific, it held up really well, 25 odd races in 135 minutes, well done to all concerned.

Every fan in the stadium bar somerset fans wanted worky to win the final due to the wrongdoings of heat 22, hence the booing prior to the final, it wasnt as if it was even close for 3rd in that particular race.

Edited by ruckerroo

I didn't go to the meeting but can't understand why everyone would have a go at the Somerset riders over what happened in the semi-final, why not go and stand in front the refs box and boo him after all he made the decision not Doyle.

Also what Doyle is supposed to of done in the final by slowing the race down, not one of the riders in that meeting could or would honestly stand with their hand on their heart and say that they wouldn't of done the same.

It would appear that yet again Somerset provided top class entertainment to the travelling hoardes and hopefully Cardiff will do the same to those of you going, enjoy your day.

Well done again Workington, tuff luck Somerset and extremely tuff luck Reading.