British Speedway Forum

You know, I'm more or less sure that in the old days of the National League they managed a Pairs event including sixteen teams. Why can't they these days? Four groups of four teams, with the winners of each group going into the semi-finals.

I find it a bit pathetic that a pair who in my opinion could of won the meeting tonight were not even in it due to the silly rules of entry, Topinka and Doolan would most certainly added spice to the meeting.

pathetic maybe, wrong that teams are excluded definitely, but ironic the team you chose to highlight are the ones whose co-promoter put forward the qualifying 'criteria'

Very true. And then bleated on about wanting King's Lynn to have the "wild card" slot. Not so much a case of living by the sword and dying by the sword, as inventing the sword and then having it used against you.

But I can't see any valid reason, other than cost, for not having a sixteen team pairs event when there are enough clubs in the league.

Thanks for reminding me redlight, very remiss of me, I forgot to add my congratulations to the Comets in my 1st post.

Well done Kauko Nieminen and Dan Nermark on a fine win for the Comets :approve:

Congrats to Worky - great top two well deserved.

Oh come on Merlin, Edinburgh have every chance of winning on the night, the aggregate score isn't at issue. The Edinburgh reserves will make mincemeat of Reading's and with Ostergaard's early season form just a distant memory, Reading will struggle against what is a mightily impressive Edinburgh team.

Time for some humble pie to be eaten methinks young subby....

Superb, Brilliant, Amazing, Awesome, Out of this World, Stunning. WOW!

Truly great meeting, so many great passes to even dare pick a few out.

Edited by SCB

Time for some humble pie to be eaten methinks young subby....

Ah, but the substantive point of that comment, culled from the thread regarding the Reading versus Edinburgh meeting on Monday, was accurate, since Edinburgh did come close to winning it. However, it does appear that Ostergaard's early season form has returned. Mind you, the Edinburgh reserves didn't make mincement of the Reading reserves either. I should've concentrated on the middle order.

Edited by Subedei

Ah, but the substantive point of that comment, culled from the thread regarding the Reading versus Edinburgh meeting on Monday, was accurate, since Edinburgh did come close to winning it. However, it does appear that Ostergaard's early season form has returned. Mind you, the Edinburgh reserves didn't make mincement of the Reading reserves either. I should've concentrated on the middle order.

Does that pie tatste good? :lol:

What a great night of Speedway..

Fairplay to Comets they were brilliant allnight..

Unlucky to the Rebels both rode out of thier skin and Doyley did everything he could to slow the Final race down but Emil just couldnt make up the time he lost on the first corner!

Ulrich was class for Reading to go through the card, Lemo was unlucky allnight..

Ty Proctor was outstanding for Redcar and is one to watch for..

As for the fans at the end, it was the Reading fans booing and shouting at somerset and i think it was a discrace.. Doyle did beat lemo in the semi i was right by the start, and even if the ref had got it wrong it was hardly Somersets fault!

Think they just have a problem with Doyle after the PT match!!!

Anyway, other than those idiots at the end, a great night of Speedway at the Oak Tree....

Does that pie tatste good? :lol:

Not especially. But from time to time one has to digest things one would rather not.

Superb, Brilliant, Amazing, Awesome, Out of this World, Stunning. WOW!

Truly great meeting, so many great passes to even dare pick a few out.

Sounds like the DVD might be a good buy,get a job lot up to Worky next week :lol:

What a great night of speedway, can Cardiff be as good tomorrow??

A brilliant race track and the only down side was that the best pair did not get chance to contest the final thanks to an absolute disgrace of a decision by the ref, the video evidence taken from above the refs box shows that Lemo passed the line ahead of the Rebel,

oh well top night and roll on tomorrow morning

That's Graham "the golem" Flint for you. Now you all see why I refuse point blank to attend a fixture he is refereeing. The man is worse than useless.