British Speedway Forum

As for the fans at the end, it was the Reading fans booing and shouting at somerset and i think it was a discrace.. Doyle did beat lemo in the semi i was right by the start, and even if the ref had got it wrong it was hardly Somersets fault!

Think they just have a problem with Doyle after the PT match!!!

Unlikely, there's generally not enough travelling Racers support to make that much noise. :P

What a great night of speedway, can Cardiff be as good tomorrow??

A brilliant race track and the only down side was that the best pair did not get chance to contest the final thanks to an absolute disgrace of a decision by the ref, the video evidence taken from above the refs box shows that Lemo passed the line ahead of the Rebel,

oh well top night and roll on tomorrow morning

AS stated before Comets would still have won :wink:

Congrats to Worky - great top two well deserved.

Racer X - it should have been your guys against them in the final, though.

Graham Flint is a disgrace and should be removed as a referee. It was obvious who finished third in Heat 22 - and it wasn't Doyle.

It nearly ruined the meeting. Only nearly though, because it was a night of brilliant action.

All the best

Rob

congrats boys great win fully deserved

regards the booing it was not just worky fans nor was it just reading fans but almost every non somerset fan, the result given by the ref on the somerset reading semi was the most atrocious i have ever seen cleary lemon took third place lemon new it and both rebels riders new it and eveeryone in the meeting who was watching new it and i am sure that a suitable shot from the video will prove it, diabolical is the only word for it and the fans were robbed from seeing the best 4 riders in the meeting in the final imo. as a worky fan i believe we got the roll of the dice in having somerset in the final as reading would imho have been a much different kettle of fish.

What other way can anyone tell me does a crowd use to show their displeasure, there has always been only one as far as i know and that is the boo. it was well deserved tonight as reading were robbed by an inattentive referee sitting comfortably in his box while lemmo was taking his life in his hands to entertain and grab a third place.

fantastic meeting, great track well prepared and well run even the contoversy whilst unhelpful certainly got the place buzzing

That's Graham "the golem" Flint for you. Now you all see why I refuse point blank to attend a fixture he is refereeing. The man is worse than useless.

Bet he cant sleep tonight after he reads that :shock:

As for the fans at the end, it was the Reading fans booing and shouting at somerset and i think it was a discrace.. Doyle did beat lemo in the semi i was right by the start, and even if the ref had got it wrong it was hardly Somersets fault!

Er.... Reading don't have that sort of travellling support... I think you'll find it was the neutral fans up in arms, due to the miscarriage of justice. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Well, it's good to see that you're capable of writing something other than "Workington would still have won".

Well, the golem Flint certainly did his best to try to ruin the meeting.

First of all, the speed of the first few heats was bloody ridiculous with the riders on two minutes for the next race BEFORE the previous race had ended.

And then to top it all we had the second semi-final when Mark Lemon hauled himself around Jason Doyle on the final bend to place Reading in the final. Or so everyone thought. Then came the annoucement that Doyle had been "gifted" third by Flint and suddenly Somerset were in the final. Is Flint blind?

I wasn't too pleased by Doyle's tactics in the final either. When he shut off coming off the final bend, right in front of Kauko Nieminen, it was nothing short of downright dangerous. There's trying to slow the race down or being a menace, and Doyle was the latter.

However, despite the above it was still a night of some fabulous speedway action - Somerset is such a super racetrack.

Well done to Workington, but it was a shame we were deprieved of a Workington/Reading final.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Well,by what I`ve read of the meeting reports so far,I`d have said he fell asleep in the box.

Seems Flint certainly sparked a bit of fire in peoples bellies this evening :lol:

Is Flint blind?

No, I don't think so. He does it because he can. Ha, you plebs have all written in your programme that Lemon got third, I'll show you who's boss. That, in my opinion, is his attiutude.

And its good to see you slagging off referees instead of riders!

Which riders have a slagged off?

Well, the golem Flint certainly did his best to try to ruin the meeting.

First of all, the speed of the first few heats was bloody ridiculous with the riders on two minutes for the next race BEFORE the previous race had ended.

And then to top it all we had the second semi-final when Mark Lemon hauled himself around Jason Doyle on the final bend to place Reading in the final. Or so everyone thought. Then came the annoucement that Doyle had been "gifted" third by Flint and suddenly Somerset were in the final. Is Flint blind?

I wasn't too pleased by Doyle's tactics in the final either. When he shut off coming off the final bend, right in front of Kauko Nieminen, it was nothing short of downright dangerous. There's trying to slow the race down or being a menace, and Doyle was the latter.

However, despite the above it was still a night of some fabulous speedway action - Somerset is such a super racetrack.

Well done to Workington, but it was a shame we were deprieved of a Workington/Reading final.

All the best

Rob

I was There And agree Disgraceful decision NEWPORT FAN

Dont think Doyle did anything wrong in the final, he was just doing what anyone else would have done for there team, trying to win it!

He would have got stick from everyone if he fled off and left them, and nows hes geting stick for doing everything he could to win it for the team!

Just cant win can you..