British Speedway Forum

What part of it :rolleyes: , by the way i cant be perfect all the time Najjer :wink:

The Somerset 'greensheets' and the riding order. Doyley's is wrong by almost 1.00 ;)

I didn't go to the meeting but can't understand why everyone would have a go at the Somerset riders over what happened in the semi-final, why not go and stand in front the refs box and boo him after all he made the decision not Doyle.

To be fair Kev, they booed the ref too :lol:

Great meeting. Thought crowd was down on last year but if hot line said meeting was off that is not surprising. I feel that next year some way must be found of including all teams in the league especially if an even number are operating (16 or 18). Noticed that after the centre green presenter had in the referee's opinion wrongly called the semi final result in favour of Reading he was not heard of again until the presentation ceremony. Was he silenced by the referee?

Well done to the Comets - Dan 'The Man' and Nemo are superb!

Felt a bit sorry for the Monarchs boys - but a best pairs event is not where our strength lies.

I agree with the comments regarding Sky as well - would rather swap any PL league matches just to have the PL pairs.

Great the track and racing were so good as well - a real compliment to the Somerset track curator and his team, especially considering the rain.

Just looking through the photos and the track does look superb!!

Great pictures as always IDH B)

Noticed that after the centre green presenter had in the referee's opinion wrongly called the semi final result in favour of Reading he was not heard of again until the presentation ceremony. Was he silenced by the referee?

Yes he was. However, he didn't officially call the result. His words were "In my opinion Lemon got that, with Doyley just missing out" which is fair enough right? I don't see what was so wrong, he just said his opinion on the result and from where he was standing he probably had a better view than anyone else in the whole stadium, including the referee!

Edited by Najjer

I agree with Najjer.I feel the centre green man was a bit hard done by. He was only calling it as he saw it and would have had a better view than the referee with the advantage of no intervening fence.

Any film this hotly debated semi?? If so, stick on youtube!

There was someone filming from on top of the Ref's box!

What a fantastic meeting.Well worth getting the dvd.Pretty much every heat there was passing.The track was quality.Plenty of lines for passing.Ostergaard was un-stoppable..Somerset were extreamly lucky on getting through to the final.Lemon had got that 3rd place by at least half a bike.I also went by the reactions of the riders.Doyle looked like a beaten man by looking down at his handle bars.How the ref called it the other way i will never know.But ahwell.Congratulations to the comets who deserved the win.The last 4 races of the meeting were worth the entrance alone.Well worth the trip down from Mildenhall.Really enjoyed it.At one stage i didn't think we would be getting to see a meeting due to the rain but i am so glad we did get to see it

Roll on next year :D

adz

There was someone filming from on top of the Ref's box!

Why didn't the ref pop his head out the box and ask them to re-wind it,so he could have another look lol

I was level with the start. It was not as much as half a bike!

Why didn't the ref pop his head out the box and ask them to re-wind it,so he could have another look lol

Oddly enough,the referee did exactly that while he studied the Doyle/Madsen incident in the Somerset vs Reading meeting earlier in the season.

That meeting was held up for 10 minutes or so while he studied the evidence.

I was level with the start. It was not as much as half a bike!

Alright a 1/4 of a bike does it really matter..He beat him but it got called the other way.Never mind.Still great racing :)

Oddly enough,the referee did exactly that while he studied the Doyle/Madsen incident in the Somerset vs Reading meeting earlier in the season.

That meeting was held up for 10 minutes or so while he studied the evidence.

Wonder what the difference was this time.was probably half way through eating a burger and couldn't be bothered to move :)

Well, the golem Flint certainly did his best to try to ruin the meeting.

First of all, the speed of the first few heats was bloody ridiculous with the riders on two minutes for the next race BEFORE the previous race had ended.

And then to top it all we had the second semi-final when Mark Lemon hauled himself around Jason Doyle on the final bend to place Reading in the final. Or so everyone thought. Then came the annoucement that Doyle had been "gifted" third by Flint and suddenly Somerset were in the final. Is Flint blind?

I wasn't too pleased by Doyle's tactics in the final either. When he shut off coming off the final bend, right in front of Kauko Nieminen, it was nothing short of downright dangerous. There's trying to slow the race down or being a menace, and Doyle was the latter.

However, despite the above it was still a night of some fabulous speedway action - Somerset is such a super racetrack.

Well done to Workington, but it was a shame we were deprieved of a Workington/Reading final.

All the best

Rob

Pretty fair assessment Rob.

I didn't though have a problem with the speed of the heats, although I can understand your point of view. Personally I think this is one way we might get more new people coming to watch Speedway. 20 heats in 90 minutes was pure entertainment.

Often though 15 heat meetings can take over 2 hours which in my opinion is far too long to be watching a match, Mildenhall by the way are sometimes a culprit so i'm not pointing the finger just at other teams.

Why there were only 10 teams in PL Pairs? What was criterion for teams? Were there any qualifactions?

but if hot line said meeting was off.....

I wonder who is responsible for that and if they will hold their hands up to their mistake.

Congratulations to Workington.