Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Why there were only 10 teams in PL Pairs? What was criterion for teams? Were there any qualifactions?

Qualification was determined by results in Ht 15 of the Premier Trophy meetings.

On the back of a fantastic meeting and hope the visiting fans saw some great racing , now i was not in a good position to make comment on the doyle / lemon finish .

But in this day and age you go to a local kart track and lo and behold you get lap timing and what a simple solution to the issue last night , if the BSPA supped a few less beers tonight , even British Moto x championship has this sort of timing .

All they need to do is buy a group system and every ref has a laptop to plug into a the standard system and the transponder on the steering yoke so won't get knocked off , so the ref would know if x rider was on bike 1or 2 or was riding rider y bike

So track records would be true and not down to finger power and dead heats would be a thing of the pass .

Edited by Speedwaystevemk2

On the back of a fantastic meeting and hope the visiting fans saw so great racing , now i was not in a good position to make comment on the doyle / lemon finish .

But in this day and age you go to a local kart track and lo and behold you get lap timing and what a simple solution to the issue last night , if the BSPA supped a few less beers tonight .

All they need to do is buy a group system and every ref has a laptop to plug into a the standard system and the transponder on the steering yoke so won't get knocked off , so the ref would know if x rider was on bike 1or 2 or was riding rider y bike

So track records would be true and not down to finger power and dead heats would be a thing of the pass .

Steady on! This is speedway!

PS Sounds a great idea but I go to speedway to remind myself of what things were like in my youth when i first started going (in 1949).

Last night I was quite philosophical about us being dumped out of the final, thought it was just one of those decisions that went against us on a close finish.

Reading some of the posts from neutral fans on here though it's starting to feel more & more like we were well & truly robbed :( Gutted for Ulli (he don't like losing) & Lemo who to reel in & pass Doyle on his home track is an achievement in itself - only to have their hard work taken away from them by some warped egotist.

Hope Graham Flint isn't the ref tomorrow at Smallmead, he may find he needs an escape ladder down into the car park if he is! :P

Hope Graham Flint isn't the ref tomorrow at Smallmead, he may find he needs an escape ladder down into the car park if he is! :P

I hear there were 2 very interested parties watching the video after the event who later apologised for their cock up.

I hear there were 2 very interested parties watching the video after the event who later apologised for their cock up.

flint & his iover inflated ego? :rolleyes:

The 1st chance i've had to comment here as i've just got back from the Cardiff weekend.

I have to say it's been many years since i've seen such an excellent race meeting as this, entertainment in every lap of every race.

I'm sure eveyone here will agree with these sentiments, though not trawling through all the pages i can't be certain.

Just one gripe, what the hell is wrong with all you Rebels fans boo-ing Jason & Emil. :angry:

After all they we're fairly fortunate to get to the final in the 1st place :wink:

Edited by colincooke

Do you mean rebels fans.

from what I saw it was Reading fans in the main

Posted this on Bears forum, my views on the meeting:

A very good meeting with very good racing and controversy.

Very bad traffic on the way down to Somerset, came on the radio that the police were retrieving stone pillars from the road after a crash and that messed up the 'M' something for 4 junctions long.

Havvy never got there until late but that was due to the traffic being so bad. He wasn't on the pace at all whilst Ty was once again very impressive. Maybe Havvy blew his engine in Heat 15 on Thursday and was on his 2nd bike, although i still would expect him to do better than 3 points. But nevermind, we beat the Geordies.

The Reading vs Somerset semi brought one of the worst decisions i have ever seen. Lemmo beat Doyle by a bike length (and some) and the referee gave 3rd to Doyle! With Ostergaard winning the race, whoever came 3rd would have put his team through but the ref fixed it in Somerset's favour. Even the Somerset fans on the back straight were going mental thinking they had thrown it away, until of course the announcer gets on the mic and says Somerset were through!

The final was a great race, everyone wanting Workington to win because of the previous fixed decision, and when Kramer was pushed wide everyone started cheering.........and kept cheering when Workington won.

The presentation saw everyone (including me) rightly booing the Somerset riders and cheering both the Reading and Workington lads. Somerset should have owned upto the fact they shouldnt have been there.

Again why blame riders and fans, as far as I see it the ref got it horribly wrong not any of the Somerset fans, whom I found were embarrassed by the decision.

Belated congrats Workington looked good all night

Excellent meeting, great riding by the majority of riders, especially the comets boys worked hard all night,

was also impressed with ty proctor first time ive seen the guy and looking forward to his rides round derwent park

another point, had the centre green presenter been on the cider or something, getting the points wrong on various occasions, announcing daniel had won when it was kake, or kukoo or however he was announing it. but hey the racing and result is good enough for me!!

another point, had the centre green presenter been on the cider or something, getting the points wrong on various occasions, announcing daniel had won when it was kake, or kukoo or however he was announing it. but hey the racing and result is good enough for me!!

Didnt help that number 12 had the red (or green) helmet on and number 11 had the blue (or yellow) helmet on in the Worky races.

Either the wrong helmets or wrong race jackets.

Again why blame riders and fans, as far as I see it the ref got it horribly wrong not any of the Somerset fans, whom I found were embarrassed by the decision.

Belated congrats Workington looked good all night

How else can you get the message across?....send the ref an e-mail?

Just got back from the Reading v. Somerset meeting and i was shocked at how bad Somerset were, Doyle excluded of course!

The tacticals have done us again, been there before!

Doyle was quality today, Kramer did what he had to at the right time and Kroger scored the all-important 2nd place after

knackering Suchaneks race on the second bend.

Was very interesting to here Jason Doyle apologise about friday, he said Lemon had him, why didn't he tell the ref then?

Was he ever a footballer?....cos they're all cheats!!!!

Posted this on Bears forum, my views on the meeting:

A very good meeting with very good racing and controversy.

Very bad traffic on the way down to Somerset, came on the radio that the police were retrieving stone pillars from the road after a crash and that messed up the 'M' something for 4 junctions long.

Havvy never got there until late but that was due to the traffic being so bad. He wasn't on the pace at all whilst Ty was once again very impressive. Maybe Havvy blew his engine in Heat 15 on Thursday and was on his 2nd bike, although i still would expect him to do better than 3 points. But nevermind, we beat the Geordies.

The Reading vs Somerset semi brought one of the worst decisions i have ever seen. Lemmo beat Doyle by a bike length (and some) and the referee gave 3rd to Doyle! With Ostergaard winning the race, whoever came 3rd would have put his team through but the ref fixed it in Somerset's favour. Even the Somerset fans on the back straight were going mental thinking they had thrown it away, until of course the announcer gets on the mic and says Somerset were through!

The final was a great race, everyone wanting Workington to win because of the previous fixed decision, and when Kramer was pushed wide everyone started cheering.........and kept cheering when Workington won.

The presentation saw everyone (including me) rightly booing the Somerset riders and cheering both the Reading and Workington lads. Somerset should have owned upto the fact they shouldnt have been there.

Just like you would own up if you found a winning lottery ticket Marron, "Dear camelot I just won a million quid but have to tell you to keep it as I was fortunate to have luck on my side and found it but it isn't right so you can keep the money" yeah right :rolleyes: .

I was not there but reading the official match report compiled by a Somerset fan think that Reading were extremely unfortunate to suffer the diabolical decision of a stupid blind ref, however it was not Doyle or Kramer that made that decision and ALL the numptys that boo'ed them should be ashamed of themselves for acting like kiddies that had lost their sweets :P .

Was very interesting to here Jason Doyle apologise about friday, he said Lemon had him, why didn't he tell the ref then?

Just like you would own up if you found a winning lottery ticket Marron, "Dear camelot I just won a million quid but have to tell you to keep it as I was fortunate to have luck on my side and found it but it isn't right so you can keep the money" yeah right :rolleyes: .

Your right, i would not own up, but Doyle owned up today (confirmed by the post above yours) so why did he not do it on Friday?