British Speedway Forum

Do you mean rebels fans.

from what I saw it was Reading fans in the main

Ok mate, it's just that, that was the word that got to us. We we're walking out the exit at the time.

Your right, i would not own up, but Doyle owned up today (confirmed by the post above yours) so why did he not do it on Friday?

Probably because he'd have been lynched by the Somerset fans, promotion, team mates and slated (and possibly even fined) by the referee for bringing the sport into disrepute.

(if you dont believe me on the fine bit, ask Glasgows centre green announcer Michael Max who found himself a fair few quid lighter for daring to quote the rule a referee used when giving a decision - he was actually backing the referee up and still got fined!)

Well cant wait for the weekend.

first the Prem pairs and then Cardiff

i think the top three will be...........

1st Somerset

2ed Workington

3ed Reading

And Cardiff

Jason Crump

Nicki Pedersen

Greg Hancock

well what can i say pairs 1st and second wrong way round and gp 2ed are third wrong way round not bad hay

Great meeting just great was the pairs

Nice to see my mate Ricky you rode great on friday mate nice to see u again and allso nice to meet your dad he`s great

Good luck for the rest off the season mate ok

Doyle did beat lemo in the semi

Er ... that seems unlikely as at the Reading v Somerset press conference today Doyle publicly stated that Lemon beat him on Friday in the semi-final race.

But despite the misfortune that we suffered it was a great meeting and Somerset have a racing strip to be proud of. Workington deserved to be in the final - who should have won? Well thanks too Mr Flint we'll never know. :angry:

Like others I was very impressed with Proctor, thought Bunyan provided a lot of entertainment and while Doyle was right in principle to try and get Kramer thru in the final his execution of the manouvre left a lot to be desired.

However he was faultless at Smallmead today

Edited by arnieg

Anyone know who filmed the meeting and if so where I can get a copy

must have material for all Comets fans :D

Anyone know who filmed the meeting and if so where I can get a copy

must have material for all Comets fans :D

Clean Cut Sports -

CLEAN CUT SPORTS

52 Claverdon Road

Coventry

CV5 7HP

TELEPHONE:

02476 464 647

07885 221 123

FAX:

0870 442 1795

E-MAIL:

Sales enquiries: sales@cleancutsports.com

General enquiries: info@cleancutsports.com

Posted this on Bears forum, my views on the meeting:

A very good meeting with very good racing and controversy.

Very bad traffic on the way down to Somerset, came on the radio that the police were retrieving stone pillars from the road after a crash and that messed up the 'M' something for 4 junctions long.

Havvy never got there until late but that was due to the traffic being so bad. He wasn't on the pace at all whilst Ty was once again very impressive. Maybe Havvy blew his engine in Heat 15 on Thursday and was on his 2nd bike, although i still would expect him to do better than 3 points. But nevermind, we beat the Geordies.

The Reading vs Somerset semi brought one of the worst decisions i have ever seen. Lemmo beat Doyle by a bike length (and some) and the referee gave 3rd to Doyle! With Ostergaard winning the race, whoever came 3rd would have put his team through but the ref fixed it in Somerset's favour. Even the Somerset fans on the back straight were going mental thinking they had thrown it away, until of course the announcer gets on the mic and says Somerset were through!

The final was a great race, everyone wanting Workington to win because of the previous fixed decision, and when Kramer was pushed wide everyone started cheering.........and kept cheering when Workington won.

The presentation saw everyone (including me) rightly booing the Somerset riders and cheering both the Reading and Workington lads. Somerset should have owned upto the fact they shouldnt have been there.

You like to over exagerate dont you??

Beat him by a bike length and more? are you being serious? i was by the start and i could hardly tell!

As for Doyley admiting he lost..what planet are you on? as said above that would have put him in serious trouble.. it dosnt work quite like that!

The only things you were right on, was a truly great night of speedway and Ty proctor...What a rider!!

Clean Cut Sports -

CLEAN CUT SPORTS

52 Claverdon Road

Coventry

CV5 7HP

TELEPHONE:

02476 464 647

07885 221 123

FAX:

0870 442 1795

E-MAIL:

Sales enquiries: sales@cleancutsports.com

General enquiries: info@cleancutsports.com

Who were the people stood on bend 2 on the paving outside the new bar? I am sure i saw a GRT Media sign on their equipment.

As for Doyley admiting he lost..what planet are you on? as said above that would have put him in serious trouble.. it dosnt work quite like that!

If i were in his position i would not have admitted it, but if he is going to admit it today to everyone.........why not do it on Friday?

Seems like he would have been better off keeping his trap shut and continued to let people get on with airing their own views.

If i were in his position i would not have admitted it, but if he is going to admit it today to everyone.........why not do it on Friday?

Seems like he would have been better off keeping his trap shut and continued to let people get on with airing their own views.

Im not sure i cant talk for him..

Maybe he has seen a replay?

Maybe he wanted to wind the Reading fans up even more?

In reality he was never going to do it friday was he? no rider would..

As for the boo's, only the ref was to blame.. i can understand Reading fans wanting to boo Doyley after the incident with Madsen a month or two ago.. but for a neutral like yourself?.. think it was unfair after the entertainment himself and Emil (and most other riders) put on for everyone..

Gotta say that the Pairs was the best meeting i've seen there. I've been to a couple at the OTA and haven't been overly impressed (that though could've been due to relatively weak opposition)... But the track stood up remarkably well.. I actually slowed down, driving to this meeting, thinking there's no way this can be on.. But about 5miles from the track, the weather cleared a little, and it seems as though it hadn't rained for a little while at the track!! Can this be another track with a dodgy weather system like Armadale???

Anyway, for our pair, I thought Matty deserved so much better. Was one of the better performers on the day and wasn't far behind catching the Sheffield boys when he started from 15 back... Willie I thought was poor. Seemed to be going backwards in each ride, and definitely expect much more on our league visit there. The way Matty rode, certainly bodes well for the league match later in the season, as Ryan, Thomas, Matty and Andrew should go well round there... It'll be Aaron's first match, and I'm not sure it's a track that suits Derek all that much... Just hope Willie can support a lot more than Friday showed...

From the rest, as stated, Ty Proctor was very impressive considering it was his first visit there, Jason Bunyan also used his knowledge of the track, and I thought Craig Watson was also quite impressive (well moreso than in the PL match at Perry Barr against us a couple of weeks ago:) )... Sheffield confuse me... Both are very talented riders, that I thought would have been big dangers on this track, but they seemed more set on racing each other??!!

The semi, was wrongly called by the Ref. Doyle was beaten - gotta say it was a superb 4 lap battle that deserved to be called correctly. It wasn't. Though a previous poster said it was the worst decisions he'd seen by a referee... Obviously only needed to wait another 24hrs till the GP at Cardiff for that title to be taken:-)

The final was a belter. Can't agree with anybody that says what Doyle did was downright dangerous in the Final. He tried what any rider would've done in the final and slow the Workington boys to allow his partner a chance. Don't think he deliberately cut Nieminen up, as he was trying to slow both Comets down. If anything, I think Nermark got in Kauko's way at times, with his fast into the corner then turning tightly in the middle style. Nermark definitely had the chance on every corner to get past Doyle, but Rode as a pairing - showing the rest how it's done. Superb race by all... But it can't be easy trying to team ride behind a slower rider in front and resisting the temptation to overtake...!!! This I think was the main problem...

Final word was for the half dozen Workington supporters at the start finish straight during the presentations. Why boo the riders? And moreso, why also chant all the time during the presentation of your own riders? I never heard a word either of the Comets said at the end... It was all light hearted until a woman started with the fingers to the Somerset supporters shouting obscenities to them... Why? Totally uncalled for...

However, I thought better of it, when the war of "We are top of the league" chants started flying... I was about to say that both sets of supporters are kinda forgetting about Edinburgh - sitting nicely in 3rd with matches in hand on both teams... Thought it wise, just to have a wry smile to myself...

Congrats to Worky.. Let down by some supporters off the track, but otherwise worthy winners.

Edited by Nutz

The way Matty rode, certainly bodes well for the league match later in the season, as Ryan, Thomas, Matty and Andrew should go well round there... It'll be Aaron's first match

Aaron made his Monarchs' debut at the OTA last season. as for Matthew, he beat that Zetterstrom chappy round there so i would guess Friday wasn't a fluke :wink:

Aaron made his Monarchs' debut at the OTA last season.

Oops!! :blink:

as for Matthew, he beat that Zetterstrom chappy round there so i would guess Friday wasn't a fluke :wink:

Matty Certainly looked good round the OTA so here's looking forward to watching a decent league match down there!

Well if there was any arguement in anybodies mind about Somerset being the best racetrack in the country , i think Friday night proved that beyond any doubt.

If you survive the trials and tribulations of the M5 , then you are rewarded with speedway heaven . There are just so many lines on the track and you just couldn't take your eyes off the meeting for a second there was that much happening .

Without doubt the best meeting i have seen for many a season , even if the referee made one hell of a mistake in the semi-final . I was on the back straight and could clearly see Lemon got up and even filled my programme in accordingly . Even the centre-green announcer was congratulating Reading .

But that aside the best team on the night deservingly took the title and roll on next year .

Well if there was any arguement in anybodies mind about Somerset being the best racetrack in the country , i think Friday night proved that beyond any doubt.

If you survive the trials and tribulations of the M5 , then you are rewarded with speedway heaven . There are just so many lines on the track and you just couldn't take your eyes off the meeting for a second there was that much happening .

Without doubt the best meeting i have seen for many a season , even if the referee made one hell of a mistake in the semi-final . I was on the back straight and could clearly see Lemon got up and even filled my programme in accordingly . Even the centre-green announcer was congratulating Reading .

But that aside the best team on the night deservingly took the title and roll on next year .

Have to agree with Paulco - without the benifit of ale this time. Was on best behaviour this time (all weekend :blink: ) since she who must be obeyed was on annual pilgrimage to Cardiff. We battled through the wind and the rain and the traffic to get there - it make the rush hour traffic on the M8 / Kingston Bridge in Glasgow a walk in the park by comparison. It was like a mobile car park getting out of Cardiff, round Newport, round Bristol before getting on to the M5 :blink: ! Then there was the driving rain which magically cleared up a mile from the track.

Absolutely brilliant meeting on an excellently prepared racing track to which the somerset track staff should be applauded and commended for. They certainly know how to prepare a race-track Mr Olsen!!! B)

Also thanks to the car park staff who allowed us into the nearest car park so we missed less of the meeting.

Congrats to Worky for winning - made a lot of Glasgow fans very happy for Kake.