British Speedway Forum

What a fantastic meeting this was with loads off passing lines and riders prepared to use them. Congratulations to Somerset in in creating was has to be as good a track in surface and shape as anywhere in the country

Personally I was not disappointed with Sheffield reaching the semi final and the 3rd final run off give us a titanic battle between Compton and Osterguaard (who was clearly the best rider of the night)

On the Lemon/Doyle race - I was on the top bend and in no position to tell but the the best way to determine the result is the riders body language after the race. Lemon was punching the air with glee and Doyle was head down back to the pits.

The riders always know and it was obvious to all

No one could fail to be entertained at this meeting and the only unhappy people would be Reading fans at the injustice of it all

Congratulations to Somerset in in creating was has to be as good a track in surface and shape as anywhere in the country

Glyn Taylor built and designed the track :)

Congratulations to Workington on winning the pairs.

Well if there was any arguement in anybodies mind about Somerset being the best racetrack in the country , i think Friday night proved that beyond any doubt.

Certainly agree Paulco, is it any coincidence that the best Speedway racing I've seen this season has been at Somerset, Redcar and Scunthorpe? All fairly recent new tracks.

Certainly agree Paulco, is it any coincidence that the best Speedway racing I've seen this season has been at Somerset, Redcar and Scunthorpe? All fairly recent new tracks.

2 built by the little Aussie who goes byt the name of Glyn Taylor :approve:

2 built by the little Aussie who goes byt the name of Glyn Taylor :approve:

And none of them having to cope with being inside a greyhound track - if only all new stadia could do the same!!

for the matter on the booing at the end it was reading fans around 20 of them and they were disgraceful there was four of us rebels at the start line and they were really nasty to us swearing so we stood up for our team and were actually louder

for the matter on the booing at the end it was reading fans around 20 of them and they were disgraceful there was four of us rebels at the start line and they were really nasty to us swearing so we stood up for our team and were actually louder

Of course you should stick up for your team . I'm not condoning any nastiness , but i can understand the Reading fan's frustrations . If my team had been robbed of a place in final the way their's had , then i would have been upset .

However the object of their disgust should have been the incompetant referee , not the Somerset riders or fans .

Of course you should stick up for your team . I'm not condoning any nastiness , but i can understand the Reading fan's frustrations . If my team had been robbed of a place in final the way their's had , then i would have been upset .

However the object of their disgust should have been the incompetant referee , not the Somerset riders or fans .

no it was us they were condemming a bloke behind us on the disabled patio with a reading falg called us dirty rebel b******s which got us really wired up if you know what i mean and also the man doing the music in the box came down and told us that the ref had it on video thatdoyle passed the line first who would you belive someone who can see a video and can replay or fans who saw it once at fast speed

no it was us they were condemming a bloke behind us on the disabled patio with a reading falg called us dirty rebel b******s which got us really wired up if you know what i mean and also the man doing the music in the box came down and told us that the ref had it on video thatdoyle passed the line first who would you belive someone who can see a video and can replay or fans who saw it once at fast speed

I was on the back straight , but never abused anybody , and i was convinced Lemon crossed the line in front of Doyle . But if you say there is video evidence to the contarary , then fair enough .

Make sure you get the speedway star this week! :rolleyes:

Well, I can state for certain that the referee did not request from me to view our video.

Thursday's Speedway Star should include the photo finish that will confirm the positions.

and also the man doing the music in the box came down and told us that the ref had it on video thatdoyle passed the line first who would you belive someone who can see a video and can replay or fans who saw it once at fast speed

He is the only one there that knows the ref looked at the video then because he (the ref) told Tim Sugar he would not look at the video.