British Speedway Forum

and also the man doing the music in the box came down and told us that the ref had it on video thatdoyle passed the line first who would you belive someone who can see a video and can replay or fans who saw it once at fast speed

Well If the ref did watch the video I suggest he never refs another speedway match and he has his driving licence taken away. :angry:

In future I would belive the fans if I was you.

argument end of.

http://www.readingspeedway.com/news.php?extend.1355

Edited by newbieoldboy

Well If the ref did watch the video I suggest he never refs another speedway match and he has his driving licence taken away. :angry:

argument end of.

http://www.readingspeedway.com/news.php?extend.1355

I suspect there are still people who will look at this photograph (merely a wheel length win for Lemon) and still be convinced that Doyle crossed the line first.

In any case an(other) incompetent ref may get suspended (and if any justice Tim Sugar get his £300 back), doesn't put a trophy in Reading's cabinet though. (and yes we may well have lost the final anyway, but we'll never know will we?)

I suspect there are still people who will look at this photograph (merely a wheel length win for Lemon) and still be convinced that Doyle crossed the line first.

In any case an(other) incompetent ref may get suspended (and if any justice Tim Sugar get his £300 back), doesn't put a trophy in Reading's cabinet though. (and yes we may well have lost the final anyway, but we'll never know will we?)

I heard about this incident, but didn't realise just how poor the decision was, until I saw the photograph in the Star, this afternoon. I don't really care that football doesn't use video replay, but other sports do, and if there was ever a case for it in speedway, this is it. Just what is the referees job, at this point of a race? Exaclty, and he can't even get that right. And for there to be such a distance between the riders, I would be fascinated to hear his excuse, but of course, I won't hold my breath!

Mr Flint, you are one useless referee!

I heard about this incident, but didn't realise just how poor the decision was, until I saw the photograph in the Star, this afternoon. I don't really care that football doesn't use video replay, but other sports do, and if there was ever a case for it in speedway, this is it. Just what is the referees job, at this point of a race? Exaclty, and he can't even get that right. And for there to be such a distance between the riders, I would be fascinated to hear his excuse, but of course, I won't hold my breath!

Mr Flint, you are one useless referee!

The rest of us who were there that night would have got the result correct . A truely shameful decision by Flint . Must have been something in the water as far as referees were concerned last weekend .

As i said before , i had to mess my programme up because i used the verdict of my own eyes , and the centre green announcer , and marked my prog 6-3 in favour of Reading - only to have to change it when Flint started hallucinating .

Edited by Paulco

The rest of us who were there that night would have got the result correct . A truely shameful decision by Flint . Must have been something in the water as far as referees were concerned last weekend .

As i said before , i had to mess my programme up because i used the verdict of my own eyes , and the centre green announcer , and marked my prog 6-3 in favour of Reading - only to have to change it when Flint started hallucinating .

Hello Paulco, how are you? Why don't these guys ever admit to a mistake?Thats what annoys me more than anything. And just what was he doing at the time? I'm glad it wasn't our boys on the wrong end of that one. Smells a bit like a home decision to me.

Looking forward to this meeting next year. Hopefully it will be on the friday before Cardiff.

no it was us they were condemming a bloke behind us on the disabled patio with a reading falg called us dirty rebel b******s which got us really wired up if you know what i mean and also the man doing the music in the box came down and told us that the ref had it on video thatdoyle passed the line first who would you belive someone who can see a video and can replay or fans who saw it once at fast speed

Hope someone lent you a cloth to wipe the egg of your face!

Final on youtube now:

PL Pairs Final

Now been removed, it would seem :unsure:

should have gone to specsavers :lol::lol:

To be fair newbie he never actually said he was right by the finish. :blink:

Perhaps he was sharing a drink with Mr Flint, as clearly neither of them were watching the race.

To be fair newbie he never actually said he was right by the finish. :blink:

Perhaps he was sharing a drink with Mr Flint, as clearly neither of them were watching the race.

right by the start... wrong by the finish. :lol:

It's a shame people are just talking about this incident.

I feel ( apart from semi decision) that I saw some of the best speedway I have ever witnessed at The Pairs Final

I feel ( apart from semi decision) that I saw some of the best speedway I have ever witnessed at The Pairs Final

True but each meeting has its main talking point and this is the one from this meeting

Do you know - i said the same thing that night . That the Pairs was probably one of the best meetings i had ever seen . For a refereeing decision to overshadow the racing that night would mean it would have to be a mistake of earthshattering proportions - and this was a belter . And the for the referee to be so arrogant that he refused to look at video evidence just compounded that mistake .