British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Vsm Has Closed

Classic Speedway is the brand new quarterly magazine from Retro Speedway . . . and it’s coming your way soon!

What better way to mark the early stages of British speedway’s 80th anniversary than to unveil what we hope will become required reading for all supporters and connoisseurs of our great sport with a sense of history.

Classic Speedway, with glossy full colour covers, extra pages and a larger format, replaces Vintage Speedway Magazine, which has now closed after a run of 15 years – issue 60 being the last one produced.

For a full explanation, please visit the home page of our site:

http://www.retro-speedway.com/

Classic Speedway is the brand new quarterly magazine from Retro Speedway . . . and it’s coming your way soon!

What better way to mark the early stages of British speedway’s 80th anniversary than to unveil what we hope will become required reading for all supporters and connoisseurs of our great sport with a sense of history.

Classic Speedway, with glossy full colour covers, extra pages and a larger format, replaces Vintage Speedway Magazine, which has now closed after a run of 15 years – issue 60 being the last one produced.

Can I just say how much I have enjoyed VSM over the years. I have every one. Perhaps the time was right to call it a day, and move on. I look forward to "Classic Speedway". Tim.

Tony a quick question

In No 60 you said get the issue 61 to read the Varg Olle part 2 article. As it was a great read I do hope you will follow up with the second part in one of the other mags you produce

Secondly and i reckon this may have been asked before but have you ever considered a Garry Middleton article or has he vanished. Although a member of the orrible awks as a west ham boy i had to admire him and often wondered what happened to him

good luck with the new mag

Harry

Tony a quick question

In No 60 you said get the issue 61 to read the Varg Olle part 2 article. As it was a great read I do hope you will follow up with the second part in one of the other mags you produce

Secondly and i reckon this may have been asked before but have you ever considered a Garry Middleton article or has he vanished. Although a member of the orrible awks as a west ham boy i had to admire him and often wondered what happened to him

good luck with the new mag

Harry

Cheers Harry, Tim et al for the good luck messages.

Harry, don't fear, part 2 of our Olle interview features prominently in the first Classic Speedway. Don't want to get you too excited now but there's a pic of Olle on the back cover in full colour, showing off his original Hammers race jacket, plus a b&w pic of him in his West Ham racing days. Inside, you'll find a shot of Christer Lofqvist with Gordon Parkins.

As for 'Cass the Gas', we'd love to interview the man who was one of my first favourites at Hackney in 1971. Alas, he is proving impossible to track down amid various conflicting (and unsubstantiated) rumours about what has become of him and where he might be...

Obviously, if anybody knows where Garry is, or how we might get in touch with him, please let us know.

Any idea what a complete set of the magazines in good condition might be worth? Anyone want to make me an offer - if so PM me. And apologies if I have broken a site rule by advertising. If that's the case, Mr Mod please delete this message.

I have the Full Set of VSM too. I would not part with them. I also have all the Classic Speedway and BackTrack Magazines as well. I would not part with those either. My son will inherit them along with everything else - so what HE does with them then is up to him.

I just enjoy reading them all - sometimes two or three times.

I have the Full Set of VSM too. I would not part with them. I also have all the Classic Speedway and BackTrack Magazines as well. I would not part with those either. My son will inherit them along with everything else - so what HE does with them then is up to him.

I just enjoy reading them all - sometimes two or three times.

Just two or three.....???!!!