British Speedway Forum

Looking forward to this meeting now, there's a small bunch of Newport supporters coming up on a mini bus. Neathy started out at Newport in his league career, we saw him as a wobbling reserve. He'll always be one of our most popular riders and it's great that we can come up and support him on his big day.

Super Robo Makes His Return

20th September see Robbo make his competitive return.

:o

:D

Edited by Shadders

Riders to date agreed to ride in Chris Neath Testimonial

Chris Holder

Chris Holder has pulled out

I understand Jason Doyle agreed to ride, although I would say it's unlikely he will take his place in the field now.

Niels cristian Iversen has now pulled out of the meeting. Don't know about this guy though.....

Neil Christian Ivertsen

Davey Watt and Rory Shlein have been added to the line up.

Shouldn't the organisers be posting this and other news to generate interest? :blink:

Edited by Shadders

Why no write up in the Speedway Star about Neathys testimonial? All he got was a small article, doesn't seem right :angry:

:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Danish Grand Prix ace Niels Christian Iversen is still suffering the side effects of his major shoulder injury.
Taken from the Welwyn and Hatfield Times.

Sack the sports editor!!!

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send an email or pm.

Thanks

Why no write up in the Speedway Star about Neathys testimonial? All he got was a small article, doesn't seem right :angry:

Surprising really given Rye's usual fantastic lines of communication.....

Robbo’s Return

All roads lead to Rye House Speedway this Saturday’s (September 20th) for the Chris Neath Testimonial Meeting. The main event will be an individual championship based on the Olympique-style handicapping system, with race winners starting 30 metres back in their next outings, second placed riders 20 metres back, and so on, to ensure a night of passing and thrills.

The tremendous breaking news ahead of the meeting is the confirmed inclusion in the main event of Stuart Robson, who has been absent from racing since suffering serious injury at Mildenhall on April 30th 2007. Primarily associated with Coventry, Rye House and Newcastle, Robson is a former Inter-Continental, double Overseas and 6-time British Finalist. Perhaps more importantly, he has been hugely popular on the terraces, and fully deserves the “Super Robbo” moniker he has been given by supporters.

Chris himself is delighted to have Robbo on-board for Saturday’s meeting. “It’s an absolute bonus for the Rye fans – and everyone in speedway – to be able to see Robbo in action again. He’s been moto-crossing, and I heard that he had a spin at Peterborough a couple of weeks ago and looked really sharp, so you know that he’s going to go out there and give it 110% like he’s always done. Plus, he’s a really good guy and helped to bind the team together at Rye to achieve the success we did between 2005 and 2007.”

Stuart Robson joins a field that also includes Grand Prix stars Freddie Lindgren and Niels Kristian Iversen and fellow Elite League rivals Mads Korneliussen, Danny King, Steve Johnston, Leigh Lanham and David Howe, plus Jason Doyle, Kevin Doolan and Brent Werner. The Silver Ski Rockets are represented by Tai Woffinden, Tommy Allen, Stefan Ekberg and Chris himself. The meeting reserves are Rye’s Robert Mear and Luke Bowen.

Chris Holder is unfortunately a withdrawal from the meeting due to U-21 World Cup commitments, with his replacement to be confirmed as of press time.

Please note that the above rider listing is subject to late availability changes.

In addition to the main event, two demonstration match races are scheduled between 1993 World Champion Sudden Sam Ermolenko and former World Cup and Pairs titlist Rocket Ronnie Correy. Their presence at Rye on Saturday is also personally significant for Chris. “I grew up watching Sudden Sam and Rocket Ronnie on the terraces at Wolverhampton. They are true legends at Monmore Green, and icons for me from my youth through to my riding days, so it means so much to have them here on Saturday.”

Not to be outdone, former West Ham, Sunderland and Crayford star Gentleman George Barclay is also planning a skid on vintage equipment.

The gates open at 5pm, with tapes up at 7pm following the pre-meeting parade. There will be musical entertainment both before and after the meeting, and also a post-meeting auction of race jackets and other items.

For further details on any of the above, please e-mail Rye House Speedway at silvers@silverski.co.uk or contact Stephanie Babb on 07901 976912 or via stephanie_20016@yahoo.com.

Michael Lee will now be doing demo rides with Sam Ermolenko.

For the kids there will be an "appearance" from some of the animals from the Paradise WildLife Park.

Davey Watt has replaced Neils.

Anyone know what the admission prices are please?

Normal Rye House price, I will try to find out

£13 adults

£10 OAP's (not 100% sure of that)

£3 kids

Edited by Shadders