British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bazaar3

Rider Riding Styles

Both Adam Roynon and Tai Woffinden have a cracking style, real racers amd will try anything on the bike to get by. Certainly the most entertaining riders around Rye last season. In addition to them, the most entertaining rider to ever grace the Rye House track, Super Robbo. A different style but does it matter? The blokes a hero!

Love watching Renat Gafurov and James Wright ride. At times it looks as if they have some screws loose in their handlebars :lol:

Smooth Cool: Tai Woffiden, Peter Karlsson, Hans Andersen

Exicting Cool: Chris Holder, Matthew Wethers, Niels K Iversen, Freddie Lindgren, Adam Roynon, Jason Crump

I'd say Roynon was far more like PK and Andersen. Soooo in control and laid back like Adams.

I always prefer the aggressive style, when they are really working the bike. Steve Johnston although it doesn't always work, always looks like he's giving it everything.

same could be said of big lee dicken bulldog although maybe not as stylish :wink::P

although i didnt see him as much as i would have liked but shawn moran was great to watch and i cant believe no one has mentioned the reast of the collins boys there wasnt much better sights in speedway than watching uncle les or wee neil pick their way through the field and i only seen phil a few times but he had a great style also better gloss over stephen ;)

Gotta be Simon Walker, what a legendary style!

I'd say Roynon was far more like PK and Andersen. Soooo in control and laid back like Adams.

When he was a CL rider riding for Buxton he was very smooth like Leigh Adams, but for the Brummies he was very much the racer, not out of control but much more exicting to watch.

Forgot to mention Bomber and Matt Tress

Andrew Silver,Colin Cook,Vaclav,Scott Autrey and Richard Green.

Edited to say all favourites.

I will never forget Andrew Silver at the County Ground in some sort of world/British championship quarter final qualifying round moons and moons ago and he was just sat on his bike like he was in an armchair and winning so calmly -no one did that at Exeter at the time will never forget watching him that day!!!

Edited by Nevs

i guess the most enjoyable style are the leg trailers but the riders who can adjust their style are something else. at glasgow we have had les collins and shane parker who have been awesome at this, the man in front doesnt have a clue where to ride to block them.

really enjoyed josh grajczonek this year, just goes full tilt at all times, bouncing into bend and pulling some daft angles on the bike. the photo on the top left in the link below shows it off well.

Unofficial Glasgow Speedway Website Photos 2008

Here we go my favourites past and present

Shawn Moran

Kelly Moran

Sean Wilson

Chris Holder

Tai Woffenden

Adam Roynon

James Birkinshaw

Chris Morton

Peter Collins

Phil Collins

Karol Zabek

Jan Zabek

Tomas Gollob

Simon Stead

Tony Davey

Valclav Verner

Peter Carr

Dave Jessop

Mark Loram

Jason Crump

Nicki Pedersen

Lee Complin

Leigh Adams

Zenon Plech

Michael Lee

Doug Wyer

Reg Wilson

Ivan Mauger

Tony Rickardsson

Erik Gundersen

Simon Wigg

Hans Nielsen

Mitch Shirra

Daniel Nermark

Andre Compton

Todd Wiltshire is one rider I love whatching, his gating stlye one wheel up in the air left leg sticking out fantastic.

Joe Screen at last years Aussie Title won him heaps of fans leg trailing around the outside !

Edited by spiderweb

Ricky Ashworth has to be the most ungainly rider I've ever seen on a speedway bike - looks to be all arms and legs. Also does a lot of "leg-waving" down the straights. (Scores a lot of points though, so we mustn't grumble!)

are we forgetting Tomasz Gollob? he really is an excellent rider when he gets through gaps that nobody else can see.

I agree with tommiracing, Gollob in full flight is awesome to watch. Hopefully he'll put on a show at Cardiff next week despite struggling there in recent seasons. :unsure:

However there's no surprise that Adams would be my main choice as having the best style. Rather like my cricketing hero David Gower, Leigh makes something so complex look as easy as you like. Thursday nights at the Abbey and the GP series won't quite be the same when he's gone. Renat, Bomber and Hans always provide maximum entertainment too. :approve:

Least favourite? Bjarne and Bjerre are both dull dull dull and Stead always looks like he could crash at any minute. Actually I guess that's kind of exciting in a way? :blink: