British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
morganbike

Cardiff Gp Junior Support Races

Not sure which rider it was but the 11 year old was fab, the way he was riding at his age, brilliant.

Well done to all the Boys.

hi the 11 year old was nathan stoneman from tiverton in devon. many thanks for the comment from his father phil stoneman.

Not sure where George is but when I watched them in 2005 there was a Lewis Bridger and a Joshua Auty there, they haven't come to much have they? :blink: Hope the lads enjoyed their day and look forward to seeing them in the CL soon.

Jules

George had the season from hell last year. What could go wrong did. we spent so much money never had a season where we wrecked so many bikes.

He had a rib injury that never really healed in April followed by concussion then a foot injury he picked up at Sittingbourne when his rear chain snapped and went clean through his boot. left him with soft tissue damage which never healed he was forching his swollen foot into his boot to ride. his foot was a mess. then he ended up having that awful looking crash at Kings Lynn that destroyed his helmet and bike and injured his shoulder, which ruled him out of the rest of the season. Not once did he blame his form on his injuries but himself and wanted to put it right this year. He was keen to ride and early in the new year had agreed with Peter Oakes to ride at Oxford again as he wanted to go back and put in a good year to justify the faith that Allen Trump had placed in him. By the time it all went pear shaped at Oxford George had settled into a job and was earning resonable money. He has had promotion in his job and works very long hours starting at 5am but is really missing racing. Peter Oakes has spoken to him about riding we still have a bike and our workshop. He may well put in some meetings at the end of this season and really wants to come back next year. George is now 17 and its up to him. He does not live with me and is busy taking driving lessons and wanting to get his licence.

Both George and myself have missed being involved and hopefully we will be back next season though Iguess I will be more in the back ground now :rolleyes:

Reading some of the comments here.

I have to say from our point of view. You do learn a lot being at Cardiff more on practice day I could not believe how helpful GP riders were

I remember Ryan Sullivan having been injured just before the GP after his practice he was there watching the lads also Crumpie was.

Dave Norris said to George "You think its great now you'll be kacking it tomorrow"

Any youngster being given the chace should grab it with both hands.

Go on lads get your names on your van and your websites up and running then go out and get those sponsors cause your spares cost as much as the EL man

Steve

Edited by Wildcat Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the update about George. I was only recently looking at the programmes from the U15 championships in 2004/2005 thinking what has happened to all the riders not riding now and now we have one answer. I saw the crash at Kings Lynn and it wasn't nice. It is especially tough to get back into speedway when the lads have stopped riding, get good jobs and suddenly have money to spend on themselves instead of the bikes and equipment..

Why not come and join us in the STR next year - all meetings on Sundays, good racing, friendly atmosphere, plenty of advice available and a good confidence booster.

Give George our best wishes.

Martin and Chris

First of all, Thanks to Steve for the update on young George....great to hear he is still hungry to race again. Also, the video link for the Cardiff U15's..... Hey Jeff, where were the Wobblers you so arrogantly accused them of being.... because I certainly didn't see any there... or were you at Cardiff City's ground by mistake... they certainly know all about wobblers...having thrown so many over the years.

At the end of the day Jeff, you show yourself for what you are, a completely unknowledgeable

person regarding speedway, both watching AND riding.

All I saw there were eight very committed young riders, obviously enjoying the experience...oh there's that word..EXPERIENCE.... because that is what it is about for those kids.

Gaining valuable experience from being there at Cardiff, soaking up the atmosphere, mixing with the GP riders of today, racing in a top class stadium in front of many 1000's of fans, learning things from the established GP stars... in a nutshell, Learning and gaining experience.

Had the chance been available when I started out... back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth according to my Mrs... I would have bitten hands, arms, legs and anything else off to get a ride at an event like that. You show complete contempt and disrespct to the youngsters racing AND their families, who spend umpteen thousands of pounds in the hope that their kid makes it to the very top.

As for your, "Its against MY rules" comment, how concieted and arrogant is that.....!!!!!!

For what its worth Cardiff GP Kids... you did yourselves and British speedway proud that evening,

I for one sincerely hope you all have long and successful speedway careers....ignore the eedgits, as we call them over here, as they obviously don't know any better.

Comments on tha actual racing.... great stuff, full on, fully committed and no sign of any WOBBLERS.

The lad who won heat one, you'd have thought he had won the GP such was the obvious joy and elation he was showing.... that made my day to see that.

Likewise young Rhys in the 250's... now that lad, properly guided will go far, I didn't realise that 250's were that fast, full broadsides on the bends, under complete control and all were going for it big time.

Special mention for Scott Meakens... don't give up young man... you may have fallen, but you had the presence of mind to get up quickly and get on with it... credit to you for that.

Simple solution Jeff... If you don't like it, don't go and watch... I'm sure that BSI and the Cardiff GP will survive without you... and don't even bother to come back with all the usual drivel about forum rules etc etc... I have never had a warning, due in the main to never having had to respond to a numpty before... but I'll gladly take one for this if its given... well worth it in my view.

Final word.... Good Luck to all the youngsters, trying to get somewhere in our wonderful sport.

Keep going at it, never give up and listen when sound advice is given by the pro riders... its worth its weight in gold, believe me.