British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
morganbike

Cardiff Gp Junior Support Races

all the best to the riders hope you enjoy it! it was one of the best feelings riding out onto the track in front of the 1000s of ppl :lol:

Remember reading something similar a year or two back, George Piper etc. where are they now. Cardiff isn't a glorified training school

Not sure where George is but when I watched them in 2005 there was a Lewis Bridger and a Joshua Auty there, they haven't come to much have they? :blink: Hope the lads enjoyed their day and look forward to seeing them in the CL soon.

Jules

The races for the youngsters were an excellent start to the racing part of the event.

I have to say well done to Rhys Naylor; he didn't get off the start in his race but chased the other three riders, never gave up and took the win on the line - well done mate you were brilliant. :)

Dave Hood

Rhys Racing

For what its worth i think all the young lads did really well and would personally have liked to watch them do a few more races than listen to belinda carlisle.Guess you cant please everyone.Once again well done boys

For what its worth i think all the young lads did really well and would personally have liked to watch them do a few more races than listen to belinda carlisle.Guess you cant please everyone.Once again well done boys

Missed the youngsters, could anyone please tell me how James Sargeant went.

All the lads rode really well and conducted them selves very well all weekend, big thanks to bsi and peter oakes for putting it on,

don t know if i can remember all results but here goes

heat 1 500

s meakins, j sargent, d greenwood, a morris ex

heat 2 250

r naylor, n stoneman , unsure who was third and fourth

heat 3 500

d greenwood, a morris, j sargent, s meakins

AGAIN WELL DONE TO ALL THE LADS

All the lads rode really well and conducted them selves very well all weekend, big thanks to bsi and peter oakes for putting it on,

heat 1 500

heat 2 250

heat 3 500

Thanks for the info, I was really disappointed to miss the youngsters.

Not sure which rider it was but the 11 year old was fab, the way he was riding at his age, brilliant.

Well done to all the Boys.

Not sure which rider it was but the 11 year old was fab, the way he was riding at his age, brilliant.

Well done to all the Boys.

Agreed he was out of the gate like lightening & was only past on the last bend great stuff

Nathan Stoneman led the 250 race till the last bend, it was Rhys Naylor who passed him of the last bend.

Nonsense, they are not riding for the crowds benefit, personnally I see no benefit watching wobblers on the same stage as the British GP, the blue riband event in the speedway year, I think it slightly devalues. I could go along to training schools or conference league to watch rhese guys.

There is certainly no devaluement in seeing our youngsters as at some other GP events they have youngsters on show but I must agree with Barbs 77 you paid your money to watch listen to and encourage Belinda Carlisle I would stay with your head in the sand mate. Anyway well done all the lads and a special thank you to BSI & Peter Oakes without whom it would not have been possible,Great performance all round by all 8 riders I know the pressure was on them as much as the GP Stars as not one wanted to let Down anyone that has supported them or the organisers.All I would say from the lads to Jeff we were at the tapes where were you(listening to Belinda Carlisle on your I-Pod) :wink: sorry I do not put comments like this normally!!!!

heat 1 500

heat 2 250

heat 3 500

Hi Neil

250cc

Rhys Naylor,Nathan Stoneman,Lloyd Barrett,Tom Stokes

There is certainly no devaluement in seeing our youngsters as at some other GP events they have youngsters on show but I must agree with Barbs 77 you paid your money to watch listen to and encourage Belinda Carlisle I would stay with your head in the sand mate. Anyway well done all the lads and a special thank you to BSI & Peter Oakes without whom it would not have been possible,Great performance all round by all 8 riders I know the pressure was on them as much as the GP Stars as not one wanted to let Down anyone that has supported them or the organisers.All I would say from the lads to Jeff we were at the tapes where were you(listening to Belinda Carlisle on your I-Pod) :wink: sorry I do not put comments like this normally!!!!

I was in the stadium and yes I watched the youngsters, and I stand by what I said earlier, Cardiff isn't some sort of training school and with respect to those kids, some of who looked fairly useful, they shouldn't be there.

No West End Theatre starts their big production with the local primary schools version of the nativity, why should British Speedways blue riband do the equivalent.

And yes Belinda Carlisle was a joke, could have just played a cd

I was in the stadium and yes I watched the youngsters, and I stand by what I said earlier, Cardiff isn't some sort of training school and with respect to those kids, some of who looked fairly useful, they shouldn't be there.

No West End Theatre starts their big production with the local primary schools version of the nativity, why should British Speedways blue riband do the equivalent.

And yes Belinda Carlisle was a joke, could have just played a cd

So you must advocate opening the stadium at 6.30 start racing at 7.00

Jeff in my opinion you really should stay away from this topic. It was meant to bring posative encouraging remarks towards our youngsters and not negativity from you. Next year dont go through the gates till 5.45pm and do us all a favour. Remember the kids who rode and many others of similar age who do ride do read this section of the forum as its for them and your views are not welcome. What BSI do with the free time allocated pre main event is their choice and you are not forced to enter and watch. A training school it is not but an invitation to experience the track and atmosphere it is. You really are an asshole for posting those comments.

Phil Greenwood