British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
morganbike

Cardiff Gp Junior Support Races

Anyway, for those who fully support the Under 15's programme, here's the video I took on Saturday:

Enjoy all!

Jeff in my opinion you really should stay away from this topic. It was meant to bring posative encouraging remarks towards our youngsters and not negativity from you. Next year dont go through the gates till 5.45pm and do us all a favour. Remember the kids who rode and many others of similar age who do ride do read this section of the forum as its for them and your views are not welcome. What BSI do with the free time allocated pre main event is their choice and you are not forced to enter and watch. A training school it is not but an invitation to experience the track and atmosphere it is. You really are an asshole for posting those comments.

Phil Greenwood

Totally agree with you Phil, this is not a training school, but is a chance for these lads to showcase their talents and is reward for the hard work that the kids and parents like yourself put in that year and over the years.

I wonder if they had any similar posts like this one in Denmark, when they allowed their youngsters to have a ride at the Danish Grand Prix, I really do despair when I read posts like the one from Jeff, like Phil says this was done on invitation only, and as is a reward and gives the lads to soak up the atmosphere of a big crowd.

Anyway, for those who fully support the Under 15's programme, here's the video I took on Saturday:

Enjoy all!

Cheers, having missed the youngsters again at Cardiff, this was a real treat.

Well done to all the young lads involved. Best to ignore the comments of Jeff as he seems to be one on his own and not looking at the bigger picture.

I spend a fair bit of time arranging second halves for the 250 lads and some of the under 15's and last night Graham Jones and I spent time at Wolverhampton discussing the future of 250 racing with Ila Teromaa , who is going to be highly involved in the worldwide development of the 250 racing.

These boys are the future and will eventually develop into 500cc riders--and who knows , future World Champions and need every encouragment at the early stage of their careers.

Edited by Main Man

Well I thoroughly enjoyed watching the youngsters and thought they all rode really well. What an experience for them, something they will never forget no matter where their speedway careers take them.

Watching them was a perfect introduction to the evening, just a pity there were not more races for the lads. Who knows we may be cheering them on in the 'main event' in a few years time....good luck to each and every one of them!

Nonsense, they are not riding for the crowds benefit, personnally I see no benefit watching wobblers on the same stage as the British GP, the blue riband event in the speedway year, I think it slightly devalues. I could go along to training schools or conference league to watch rhese guys.

Oh dear. How sad you are. Watch the races on the link that Andrewrunagall has kindly contributed. Then, I suggest, you should come back on here and apologise - not to me or other members of the forum, but to the riders.

Edited by ancient mariner

Well done to all the youngsters enjoyed watching them we will probebly see them all in u15 britidh championship.

Oh dear. How sad you are. Watch the races on the link that Andrewrunagall has kindly contributed. Then, I suggest, you should come back on here and apologise - not to me or other members of the forum, but to the riders.

Apologise for what exactly?

I don't need to watch the video, I was in the stadium and saw the races live, quite enjoyed them too, however that doesn't alter my opinion that Cardiff isn't the place for such demonstations.

Moving aside from these boys, the whole junior culture in this country is wrong, there are kids riding round after meetings with their names all over their vans, kids in conference league and below with websites, and being honest 90% of them will never make speedway riders as long as they live, they just like the image of being a so called speedway rider. In the old days someone like Dent Oliver would be honest with the kids and tell them they are wasting their time, nowadays we are in the age of the "professional junior", kids going round the circuit for years with no hope of making the grade. Simply being 15 and owning a speedway bike is hardly justification for an appearance at Cardiff.

I don't need to watch the video, I was in the stadium and saw the races live, quite enjoyed them too, however that doesn't alter my opinion that Cardiff isn't the place for such demonstations.

Yeah, let's get rid of Belinda Carlisle too. She's got nothing to do with Speedway. And the motorcross bikes. And the big screens and the roof.

there are kids riding round after meetings with their names all over their vans

And your point is? Better than the scrotes driving round in vans with other people's names on because they've nicked them.

kids in conference league and below with websites

It costs next to nothing to build a website. If it attracts just one sponsor it has paid for itself many times over.

and being honest 90% of them will never make speedway riders

Your opinion as a multi-world champion? Tell you what, If I get you the SCB list of licence holders, can you give us the names of the 10% who are going to make it...also if you've got hte time, next week's lottery numbers too please.

In the old days someone like Dent Oliver would be honest with the kids and tell them they are wasting their time

No, he'd leave that to plonkers like you, then he'd tell the kids to ignore the plonkers.

nowadays we are in the age of the "professional junior", kids going round the circuit for years with no hope of making the grade. Simply being 15 and owning a speedway bike is hardly justification for an appearance at Cardiff.

How has a 15 year old been going round the circuit for years when the minimum age for a 500cc licence is 15?

How has a 15 year old been going round the circuit for years when the minimum age for a 500cc licence is 15?

That would be because the minimum age for a 500cc licence was raised to 14 (not 15) only 2 years ago up until then all you had to do to get a licence at any age was prove to 2 trainers that you could ride around a track in control. Our son at 9 had proved enough to one trainer that he was "good" enough for a 500 licence until sense prevailed, and I know that Dan Greenwood has had a 500 licence for several years now, his dad will confirm just how many. Although according to rule 19.4.1 'youth riders must only ride motorcycles (cc) for which they are registered,except that under the direct supervision of a training instructor a youth rider may ride a larger cc motorcycle for the purposes of training and assessment.' so once again you can ride a 500 at any age just not 'race'

Edited by p'boro lad

Yeah, let's get rid of Belinda Carlisle too. She's got nothing to do with Speedway. And the motorcross bikes. And the big screens and the roof.

And your point is? Better than the scrotes driving round in vans with other people's names on because they've nicked them.

It costs next to nothing to build a website. If it attracts just one sponsor it has paid for itself many times over.

Your opinion as a multi-world champion? Tell you what, If I get you the SCB list of licence holders, can you give us the names of the 10% who are going to make it...also if you've got hte time, next week's lottery numbers too please.

No, he'd leave that to plonkers like you, then he'd tell the kids to ignore the plonkers.

Now that bit is against forum rules, but more importantly it is against my rules, dont do it again

Edited by Jeff.

That would be because the minimum age for a 500cc licence was raised to 14 (not 15) only 2 years ago up until then all you had to do to get a licence at any age was prove to 2 trainers that you could ride around a track in control. Our son at 9 had proved enough to one trainer that he was "good" enough for a 500 licence until sense prevailed, and I know that Dan Greenwood has had a 500 licence for several years now, his dad will confirm just how many. Although according to rule 19.4.1 'youth riders must only ride motorcycles (cc) for which they are registered,except that under the direct supervision of a training instructor a youth rider may ride a larger cc motorcycle for the purposes of training and assessment.' so once again you can ride a 500 at any age just not 'race'
You're correct of course that a rider under 15 can have a licence to ride a 500cc. I didn't word my reply too well. What I meant was they cannot race until they are 15, and cannot join a CL team until they are 15, and therefore haven't "been on the circuit for years"

Now that bit is against forum rules, but more importantly it is against my rules
In view of your previous postings, I think I could argue it to be a statement of fact not an insult.

However the moderators on here have a tough time and I wouldn't want to cause them any extra work by bending the rules slightly.

Therefore I don't think I should call you a plonker in future. However there is nothing to stop me thinking you're a plonker. So I think you're a plonker! :lol::lol:

You're correct of course that a rider under 15 can have a licence to ride a 500cc. I didn't word my reply too well. What I meant was they cannot race until they are 15, and cannot join a CL team until they are 15, and therefore haven't "been on the circuit for years"

In view of your previous postings, I think I could argue it to be a statement of fact not an insult.

However the moderators on here have a tough time and I wouldn't want to cause them any extra work by bending the rules slightly.

Therefore I don't think I should call you a plonker in future. However there is nothing to stop me thinking you're a plonker. So I think you're a plonker! :lol::lol:

You have just made Belle Vue £16.00 they wouldn't have had between now and the end of the season, hope I can meet you there

You have just made Belle Vue £16.00 they wouldn't have had between now and the end of the season, hope I can meet you there

You can meet us all there Jeff.

It is apparent that you have no idea as to what it takes to ride a speedway bike and your negative comments are a disgrace to british speedway. Its you that needs to step into the new millenium and stop bringing the youngsters down. There are people at tracks whose sole aim is to get kids and second halves up and running so if you are at belle vue go see Steve Williams who puts 100 % effort in.His reward is satisfaction that he has made some kid happy. Have you been following the under 15's series the last 4 years and have you ever been to a round of the championships ?. Being 15 and under and owning a bike is reason to run demonstrations at Cardiff as it gets the riders recognised as the SCB do very little for youth riders. Lewis Bridger was an unknown before his cardiff appearance at age 15/16 and is now a world wide name. Or is he one of those you speak about with uneccessary vans and websites.

Isn't it time for your afternoon nap ?.

Edited by morganbike

Apologise for what exactly?

Moving aside from these boys, the whole junior culture in this country is wrong, there are kids riding round after meetings with their names all over their vans, kids in conference league and below with websites, and being honest 90% of them will never make speedway riders as long as they live, they just like the image of being a so called speedway rider. In the old days someone like Dent Oliver would be honest with the kids and tell them they are wasting their time, nowadays we are in the age of the "professional junior", kids going round the circuit for years with no hope of making the grade. Simply being 15 and owning a speedway bike is hardly justification for an appearance at Cardiff.

Sorry Jeff, I didn't properly read all the posts in the thread before I responded. Right, that's my apology for my stupidity done and dusted. Are you tempted to offer one too?