British Speedway Forum
PhilK

The Cardiff Grand Prix Discussion Thread

I enjoyed Cardiff, there may have been a few dodgy decisions but the atmosphere was amazing as per.

Anyone know how many people were there?

Was good to meet Panthersfan, Vog, Seb the Snail, DorsetDelight, Rhidassa, FairyTasha and the other people that i've forgotten about.

For the 2nd time we had a bet of Greg Hancock to win and once again he finishes 2nd!

Now let`s get on to the serious stuff.The Queen`s Vaults running out of beer - disgraceful! :cry:

Have to agree with you there Steve. Leigh was really chomping at the bit with the decision and so was the crowd so maybe just maybe after the amount of times the replay was shown the referee should of admitted he had made the wrong decision.

How come Nicki got a rostrum placing for finishing third when he never finished the race? Yes I know Scott broke the tapes and got no points and I know that Nicki because he was excluded after Scott therefore he also got no points but he NEVER finished the race so how is he entitled to a rostrum placing?

John Hannib,

check out your programme, that is if you went and you will find that Jason Crump only had one ride off the red gate and one ride off the yellow gate in his 5 programmed rides .

How come Nicki got a rostrum placing for finishing third when he never finished the race? Yes I know Scott broke the tapes and got no points and I know that Nicki because he was excluded after Scott therefore he also got no points but he NEVER finished the race so how is he entitled to a rostrum placing?

Because he done better than the person who finished 4th :lol:

Once in the final it doesn't matter how many points you got previously.1st to 4th are decided by who does better in that final

time for cardiff to be scrapped, wembley beckons?

Damn well hope not! :P Wembley is in the past - nice memories and all that but you'd never get 40,000 plus fans to go there like you do to Cardiff with all the shops, pubs, sight-seeing etc.

What is at Wembley, apart from the stadium? Might as well return to Coventry and get 8,000 fans again.

Nicholls rode well but typical Brit to blow the chance.

Kick a man when he's down why don't you, nothing typical about him in that race, Scott was off of Gate 3 he needed to get a good fast start (hence someone had already been warned for rolling at the tapes TWICE in one race from said gate!) unfortunately for Scott after what seemed a lifetime waiting for the "tapes up" he went through them, his mechanics were very confident of Scott reaching the final this year something that hasn't happened for a while, so much so they convinced people to go and bet on him ..... I did and it was worth losing the tenner, would of been nice to have won but heyho. The world if full of "if only" .... he hadn't broke the tapes he would of had 3rd placing at least with Nicki being excluded.

Must admit with Scott though my heart went into my mouth when Jase did his hop skip and jump over the winning line ........... jeeeeeeeeeeeez I bet they both cacked themselves then!!!!

Damn well hope not! :P Wembley is in the past - nice memories and all that but you'd never get 40,000 plus fans to go there like you do to Cardiff with all the shops, pubs, sight-seeing etc.

What is at Wembley, apart from the stadium? Might as well return to Coventry and get 8,000 fans again.

Tell that to all the American Football fans who are going to flock there to see some poxy game between two teams from the US of all places.Isn't it a sell-out?Don't ask me :unsure:

Anyone notice Crumpie's quote on today's BSPA update?

Tell that to all the American Football fans who are going to flock there to see some poxy game between two teams from the US of all places.Isn't it a sell-out?Don't ask me :unsure:

Have they ever played at Cardiff? Probably don't know any different.

Anyway it's pointless discussing a return to Wembley 'cos it will never happen.....and if it did I wouldn't go. :P

If we are looking for riders that can take speedway to the public then look no further than Nicki, Tomas and Bomber. They are riders of grit - hard men who expect nothing from their opponents, and that is what speedway is about.

Now you were talking sense up until including Tomasz in that statement. Unless things are going his way (like at the last G.P. when he was brilliant) he just gives up and that's not what speedway is about. If he is not up there with the leaders he just trails round at the back and often doesn't even bother to complete the race. He has always been like that and there was another example of his attitude when things don't suit him at Cardiff last night.

Edited by Gemini

Have they ever played at Cardiff? Probably don't know any different.

Anyway it's pointless discussing a return to Wembley 'cos it will never happen.....and if it did I wouldn't go. :P

They did,but the fans got the hump coz the dj kept playing "New York,New York" and "My kind of town Chicago is" when it was New Orleans v Cleveland :lol:

you've been VERY slow on the uptake Spinny - not like you!

It appears i have also. :shock::lol::blink:

Good grief Colin. :shock: I worked that out ages ago. People get banned and come back later under a different name but the style of posting never changes so they are easy to spot.

Now I wonder who Sandman used to be? :wink:

these comments directed at me are scandalous :shock:

had a cracking day, most of which spent with mr paulco who had a nasty fall and hurt his shoulder :shock:

thought the meeting was alright, crump deserved winner, regarding pedersen well the decision to exclude adams was dreadful but he had to exclude bjarne in the identical clash because of consistency