British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayTShirts

** Cardiff Gp Music / Presentation **

Oh dear...you'll be in trouble.

Don't you know that the likes of Danny Kaye and Max Bygraves are just what we need to bring the people flooding back to 21st century speedway.

I'm buying into it already...I'm off to get a dirty wolfsport anorak and print myself an excel racecard to fill in with multicoloured pens.

Maybe I should get hip, and get with it - and purchase myself a Chipper bike and decorate it with Bay City Rollers scarves then? Oooh and some platform boots, and a Salde record, and a Donny Osmond hat.....

I think I'll just go and have a lie down now

I thought the music a mixed bag. Thought it was very cheesy at times.

The usual Brit themes like Land of hope and glory were OK but I didn't like Copenhagen and Wizard of Aus etc. More thought required here.

Just pump up the British boys and to hell with the rest? Just have rousing British classical music. Adds a touch of class.

The less said about the w@nker song the better.

yeah, one of the worst things about coventry when i have been there past few years has been the presentation, and like coventrys presentation; it sucked.

playing all fall down when harris and iverson took a nasty looking tumble was a bad choice i thought.sorry to be a negative.

all fall down was for Bombers mechanic who went ** up on the centre green and then took a bow :)

yeah, one of the worst things about coventry when i have been there past few years has been the presentation, and like coventrys presentation; it sucked.

right...too many people now agreeing...I'm going to have to change my opinion.

Thought it was very cheesy at times.

I didn't like Copenhagen and Wizard of Aus etc. More thought required here.

Arrrgghhhhh that's the final straw....I can't be in agreement with shovvy...I'm going to have a lie down with my singalongamax album.

all fall down was for Bombers mechanic who went ** up on the centre green and then took a bow :)

I know I shouldn't of laughed but I did :lol: excellent music bit cheesy at times like people have said but it's not all youngsters at speedway is it! Land of Hope and Glory excellent think they should of that instead of God Save the Queen at the beginning of the meeting (expecting a roasting for that comment :oops: )

right...too many people now agreeing...I'm going to have to change my opinion.

Arrrgghhhhh that's the final straw....I can't be in agreement with shovvy...I'm going to have a lie down with my singalongamax album.

Good Lad ;)

I only heard what came over the telly but we were saying as we were watching it that whoever was doing the music deserved an award - it was superb, the most relevant I've ever heard, a touch of humour, obviously a lot of thought and as for when Chris Harris was walking back to the pits after breaking his nose, that was absolutly amazing. You could almost see him growing taller as he walked, I reckon it definitely gave him the lift he needed as well as the crowd.

Last time I was there is was the same boring 2 or 3 tracks all the time. This year we were listening more to the background at the end of races to see what little gem you were coming up with this time!

Well done mate, you'd definitely get my vote.

I'm being lazy as I am still tired from yesterday's 3.30am return from Cardiff (not caught up with my sleep yet) :lol: so I will just repeat the post from Lioness, which covers what I would say.

Brilliant choice of music Superbart. The only thing missing was "Hey Baby." Perhaps in 2009 you could fit that one in somewhere as well?

Best presentation/music yet and you deserve to be back.

I've mentioned it on another thread, the accoustics in the top tier (3rd bend) were awful, but this is surely a fault of the stadium sound system, not the DJ's.

As for the music 'Land of Hope and Glory' was superb but that bloody annoying song before the races began was rubbish the first time, by the end of the night it really p*ssed me off! (The song with the screaming woman)

Sorry to bring a negative to this but for me it just did not do it.not so much what was played but when it was played.when the riders are up at the gate for me that is when the tension for the race begins.but the music was still blaring out when the green light was on and in some cases the music was on when the riders where in the first turn.playing all fall down when harris and iverson took a nasty looking tumble was a bad choice i thought.sorry to be a negative.

So what about the Chumbawumba song then. That ok enough for ya.

Maybe I should get hip, and get with it - and purchase myself a Chipper bike and decorate it with Bay City Rollers scarves then? Oooh and some platform boots, and a Salde record, and a Donny Osmond hat.....

You can borrow mine!!!

SB - I thought the presentation was brilliant and as others have said inspiring.

At times I felt like I was back at brandon in 2007 :wink:

But I didnt like the Im a w*****r song and whilst probably the opinion of most it probably shouldnt have been playd.

But that aside the rest of the presentation added to the enjoyable weekend.

Brilliant

x

I enjoyed the presentaion...........although i did feel that better music could have been played in the run upto races.

Something to increase the tension would be better and at times the music was blaring out when the riders were at the tapes (and going into the first bend!). I, and i assume most others do, have a chat with various people between races and with no kind of build-up music between the heats it was a surprise at times to look down and see the riders already at the starting tapes!

So what about the Chumbawumba song then. That ok enough for ya.

great song for when riders are ok and have gotten up from a crash.

Edited by Dave J999

I liked 'I'm a w@nker' and 'The Wizard of Oz' - didn't hear Copenhagen because of the rubbish acoustics where we were sat.

Why did you play the Hokey Cokey btw?

I wasn't a fan of the music when the riders were lined up at the tapes, Star Wars and all that didn't do it for me and took away from the tension I usually feel when the riders are ready to go rather than adding to it.

(Just some constructive criticism.)

Music was brilliant IMO, some awesome song choices and it really added to it all.

And btw.. me and lilmisstiger managed the Hokey Cokey :wink: