British Speedway Forum

I couldn't agree more DD...& that's all I'm saying on the subject.

12.gif

I couldn't disagree more DD and that's all I'm saying on the subject!

Edited by zonkers

What really annoyed me though, was the idiots cheering when Nicki fell off! What in gods name had the man done to deserve people being delighted that he may of hurt himself? I will tell you what, nothing. Surely his bravery in getting the bike off the track merited some praise?

So surely, these morons, being consistent in booing the riders when they get up from heavy falls, should of hured abuse at Chris Harris after his nasty fall. Not a chance. The hypocrites decided to give him a standing ovation(rightly so) for getting up after his fall.

So Harris gets knocked off= standing ovation

Pedersen= booing, jeering

I also noticed some lesser degree boos given to Hans Andersen during the meeting.

So where does this petty dislike for the Danes stem? Are all these idiots still holding the grudge against Danes because Hans beat Nicholls in the World Cup Final a few years ago? When will this grudge end? Maybe the fans should just accept Scott Nicholls was not blocked in that final race and simply was not good enough on the day.

Couldn't agree more with this.

Regardless of whether or not Nicki has cheated, to cheer a rider as he is taking a fall? It's just sick. Especially that fall in the final, it was pretty nasty and anything could've happened - broken collarbone, neck; would those that laughed still be laughing if that had happened?

And then, yes, the Bomber incident and the booing of Hans. Bomber nearly took Hans off seconds before his fall, yet Hans stayed on - if he'd have gone down Bomber would've been excluded. Then, after Bomber hits the deck, there are no cheers. Why?

Why should Nicki be cheered for going down in a similarly nasty-looking accident in the final, yet Bomber was cheating by blatantly knocking into Hans but (deservedly, IMO) received a standing ovation when he got up...

It just doesn't make sense.

The booing wasn't a problem for me , the frantic jumping up and down and blowing the air horn when he bounced down the back straight was just embarrassing.

I didn't boo Nicki , Nicki didn't do any thing wrong, if there was an issue it was with the ref, but hey what ever floats some peoples boat I guess.

I see these threads always attract the same high horse bregade.... i wasnt at the gp and didnt bother watch it on tv either, but these british fans that are a disgrace are the same british fans that have put money in mr pedersens pocket for years! They werent a disgrace then?

these are the same fans that have continually seen him push rider after rider into the fence year after year and seen him go into the pits with a smile on his face from ear to ear... has he ever worried about the riders he's smacked into the fence time and time again? judging from his smiles... not a cat in hells chance!

you make your bed you lay in it! AFAIC!

I see these threads always attract the same high horse bregade.... i wasnt at the gp and didnt bother watch it on tv either, but these british fans that are a disgrace are the same british fans that have put money in mr pedersens pocket for years! They werent a disgrace then?

these are the same fans that have continually seen him push rider after rider into the fence year after year and seen him go into the pits with a smile on his face from ear to ear... has he ever worried about the riders he's smacked into the fence time and time again? judging from his smiles... not a cat in hells chance!

you make your bed you lay in it! AFAIC!

So, because of all that, it's ok to cheer when he takes a nasty looking tumble that could have resulted in serious injury?

So, because of all that, it's ok to cheer when he takes a nasty looking tumble that could have resulted in serious injury?

No, but as Stokie052 said we have seen him push rider after rider into the fence year after year and seen him go into the pits with a smile on his face from ear to ear... Is that acceptable to you?

No, but as Stokie052 said we have seen him push rider after rider into the fence year after year and seen him go into the pits with a smile on his face from ear to ear... Is that acceptable to you?

Jeez, so the guy's not allowed to smile!?

I don't find anyone pushing another rider into the fence acceptable, but when exactly do you claim Nicki did that on Saturday night? He was pushed into the fence by Holta, and got cheered for falling and then booed! How is that right??

its part of speedway it happens all the time ... if it bothers you that much your watching the wrong sport

Jeez, so the guy's not allowed to smile!?

I don't find anyone pushing another rider into the fence acceptable, but when exactly do you claim Nicki did that on Saturday night? He was pushed into the fence by Holta, and got cheered for falling and then booed! How is that right??

Exactly what has he got to smile about ? He's just potentially injured a rider by pushing him into the fence. Very funny :mad:

I didn't say he did that Saturday night. What he did Saturday night was play the Ref. He made a few terrible starts which would have left him in 3rd or 4th place so chose to take a fall. Basically cheated, that's why he was boo'ed.

its part of speedway it happens all the time ... if it bothers you that much your watching the wrong sport

If the pushing riders into fences bothers me, or the cheering when a rider crashes?

The cheering bothers me greatly. In the ten years or so that I've been supporting speedway, I've never seen or heard such vicious abuse as that aimed at Nicki on Saturday night. It's absolutely sickening that one human being would cheer when another human being has a high-speed crash!

I just can't believe some people.

As for the riders pushing other riders into the fence. Yes, it does happen a lot (NOT all the time) and while it's part and parcel of the sport, it definitely shouldn't be.

Exactly what has he got to smile about ? He's just potentially injured a rider by pushing him into the fence. Very funny :mad:

I didn't say he did that Saturday night. What he did Saturday night was play the Ref. He made a few terrible starts which would have left him in 3rd or 4th place so chose to take a fall. Basically cheated, that's why he was boo'ed.

But he didn't do this on Saturday, and that is what this discussion thread is about, the GP on Saturday night, so I don't see your point :unsure:

If he has pushed a rider into the fence and then come in smiling, then yes, he is in the wrong. But he didn't do that on Saturday...

He might have played the ref, but what speedway rider hasn't?! At the end of the day, Nicki wasn't holding a gun to the ref's head and making him make these decisions.

If anyone's to blame, it's the referee.

** sorry for two posts in a row

Edited by leanne1706

But he didn't do this on Saturday, and that is what this discussion thread is about, the GP on Saturday night, so I don't see your point :unsure:

If he has pushed a rider into the fence and then come in smiling, then yes, he is in the wrong. But he didn't do that on Saturday...

He might have played the ref, but what speedway rider hasn't?! At the end of the day, Nicki wasn't holding a gun to the ref's head and making him make these decisions.

If anyone's to blame, it's the referee.

** sorry for two posts in a row

Agreed, no he didn't do it Saturday & the Ref was terrible.

But did you see anyone else cheating. No. Otherwise everyone would still be there now re-running heats cos a rider took a fall to get a rerun.

He got boo'ed because of the cheating and because we've had to suffer watching him push rider after rider into the fence year after year and seen him go into the pits with a smile on his face from ear to ear, which IMHO doesn't make him a nice person.

Agreed, no he didn't do it Saturday & the Ref was terrible.

But did you see anyone else cheating. No. Otherwise everyone would still be there now re-running heats cos a rider took a fall to get a rerun.

He got boo'ed because of the cheating and because we've had to suffer watching him push rider after rider into the fence year after year and seen him go into the pits with a smile on his face from ear to ear, which IMHO doesn't make him a nice person.

I didn't see Nicki cheating either :P I did see Holta take Nicki out, and I did see Bomber fly into the side of Hans. Is that not cheating? No, because they're not Nicki...

I don't mind the booing, and I have not said I have a problem with that. It's the cheering when he fell that made me sick, and also the swearing and inappropriate hand signals. Uncalled for and not nice when there are kids around. Well, not nice when there's anyone around, but particularly very young kids like the couple that were sitting behind us.

Leanne, I wouldn't waste any more time trying to explain yourself. Some people clearly live in the past and have no wish to move on.

Excellent post from DD. :approve:

So Nicki Pedersen says the British fans are a disgrace. Well, I'm sorry Mr. Pedersen, but the fans that were booing you on Saturday night were not only British, but from every nationality in the stadium (probably not the Danish fans though!) and to single out just the British fans is very unfair, but with the tricks you pull on track, you will be unfamilliar with the word "unfair".

Oh, and by the way, this British fan was not booing you. Before Saturday I had no opinion on you either way, but when I saw the smug smirk on your face after Bjarne Pedersen was wrongly excluded, you lost my respect. :angry: