British Speedway Forum

Todays Echo.

British fans are 'disgrace' says Nicki

By Phil Chard

NICKI Pedersen has roundly condemned the British crowd's consistent loud frenzied booing of him at Cardiff as "disgraceful".

The defending world champion also believes Bjarne Pedersen should not have been excluded from their controversial semi-final.

Nicki felt all four riders back for first bend bunching would have been the right decision and he would have had no argument with that.

But he also pointed out it was not his decision to exclude Bjarne, or Leigh Adams in heat 17, so the British supporters inside the Millennium Stadium should not have taken their frustration out on him by booing the wrong man.

Nicki, who has a 10-point overall lead on British GP winner Jason Crump, said: "I felt very disappointed because of the way the British crowd booed me.

"It doesn't affect me when I'm riding, but it just makes me feel even more fed up with British speedway."

Pedersen, not riding in the Elite League this year after being dumped by Eastbourne and failing to find another track, added: "I think the fans' booing was disgraceful.

"It if was me I would have had all four back in those incidents, but it's the ref's decision.

"I'm very disappointed about the British fans and it makes me wonder whether I really want to ride in this country again.

"It also makes me even more determined in my fight to win the World Championship this year."

Pedersen, shown on Sky's live coverage screened inside the stadium clearly laughing about his semi-final reprieve while he was in the pits, continued: "The British fans are too focused on Chris Harris and Scott Nicholls.

"They don't think it's the ref who is making the decisions.

"I'm really happy I made the final, but I had four bad knocks and sustained a rib injury and took a heavy bang to my head."

Pedersen, who eventually finished third despite falling in the final, added: "This meeting was a big blow to me and I hope it's the only one of the season.

"You have to have one sooner or later, but the decisions didn't really go my way all the time in the first turn."

PIRATES legend Craig Boyce believes his old adversary Nicki Pedersen was clearly to blame for his fall after tangling with Bjarne Pedersen on the first corner.

Boyce, in Cardiff in his Australian team manager role, also feels there is a big question mark over the future of Marek Wojaczek as a Grand Prix referee.

The former Poole star said: "As a Pirates supporter watching Bjarne who also helps do his engines, I couldn't believe he was excluded in the semi-final.

"His bike was clearly half a length in front of the guy when the collision occurred.

"I was standing on the outside of the track on the first corner, one of the best views of the incident in the stadium, and Nicki went into the back of him.

"So how did the referee get to that decision?

"It was clearly the wrong decision. It should have been at least all four back but really I think Nicki should have been excluded.

"I can't understand how the ref could exclude Bjarne when he is clearly in front and had the line.

"I think the FIM (speedway's world governing body) should take a seriously look at that ref and his future in the GP."

Boyce had an on-track bust up with fellow hard man Nicki at Eastbourne last year.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Not ALL the British fans were booing (or cheering when Nicki fell off)...some of us don't agree with riders being subjected to boos, no matter what the reason.

I do so hate being lumped into the majority.

The constant booing of Nicki got on my goat all night, so much so I couldn't refrain from having a word about it with some Poole fan who was sat behind me.

I personally like Nicki Pedersen as he is the king of contreversy. Every sport has one and Nicki is speedway's. What would the sport be like without him?

There are some riders i like and some i dislike but i would never boo them. Even if they did crash into a Swindon legend and get him excluded :rolleyes:

Todays Echo.

British fans are 'disgrace' says Nicki

By Phil Chard

NICKI Pedersen has roundly condemned the British crowd's consistent loud frenzied booing of him at Cardiff as "disgraceful".

"I'm very disappointed about the British fans and it makes me wonder whether I really want to ride in this country again.

To quote from a famous piece of headgear sported by Johnno

DILIGAF! :rolleyes:

Love Nicki. What would we do without him eh? Still would have booed had I been there though. All part of the panto.

Perhaps he could paint on a curly moustache for the rest of the series.

"The British fans are too focused on Chris Harris and Scott Nicholls."

Shock! Horror!

Whatever next.... Polish fans supporting Gollob?

Guest chris26

oh diddums, anyone got the kleenex for Mr Pedersen? :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by chris26

Guest chris26
Shock! Horror!

Whatever next.... Polish fans supporting Gollob?

love that quote :lol:

and swedish fans supporting andreas jonsson? shocking stuff :lol::D

Edited by chris26

oh diddums, anyone got the kleenex for Mr Pedersen? :rolleyes::lol:

Make sure its the ones with the soothing balm in them :wink::wink:

The constant booing of Nicki got on my goat all night, so much so I couldn't refrain from having a word about it with some Poole fan who was sat behind me.

I wonder if young Shovlar remembers the conversation?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Mind you, I didn't try that hard.

consistent loud frenzied booing

Hahaha. I wouldn't go as far as calling it "frenzied" - there was a little old lady in from of us who fratically clapped Pedersen every time though. Maybe it was him Mum?

I wonder if young Shovlar remembers the conversation?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Mind you, I didn't try that hard.

Considering I was in the front row I doubt it was me, although I was quite vocal on the refs decisions! :lol:

Hahaha. I wouldn't go as far as calling it "frenzied" - there was a little old lady in from of us who fratically clapped Pedersen every time though. Maybe it was him Mum?

I'm not old! :P