British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Triple.H.

27th June 2009. British Gp

There is an announcement re Cardiff 2009 on Sky tv tonight is it just going to be the date ie sometime in June or could it be something a bit different.I hope its later in the season maybe even the last GP and World U21 final on the sunday.

met up with our friends who come from cardiff apparantly they are making the stadium a 120,000 seater so while building work going on next year there will be less seats which will prob cost twice as much

met up with our friends who come from cardiff apparantly they are making the stadium a 120,000 seater so while building work going on next year there will be less seats which will prob cost twice as much

Them numbers are rubbish.

Surprising that at the end used as the 1st and 2nd bend there is no upper tier.

The reason for that is nearby Cardiff Athletic Rugby Club have their stadium and they are the original owners of the land.

When Cardiff City's new stadium is built, Cardiff Blues the professional arm fo CARC are going to share the stadium with CCFC. This leaves CARC and it's semi-professional Rugby team the only team who uses the small Arms Park - WRU are trying to buy it off them but CARC want a new site at the very least before any selling up.

''Quite frankly even a McStadium is an improvement on what we've got. Cardiff Blues regional Rugby team will be moving in with us but as it stands, Cardiff RFC, their semi professional counterparts will remain at the Arms Park. The WRU would like to move them out if they can in order to complete the North Stand of the Millennium Stadium and a new, smaller scale Rugby ground is being proposed for them at Sophia Gardens. Trouble is The Arms Park is a very valuable plot of land in the city centre and Cardiff Athletic Association who own it won't give it up lightly.''

What I received off a CCFC fan recently on another forum.

Edited by Hazzman

Having checked various hotels for 27th June 2009, and found no availability !!! I would be surprised if that is not the date confirmed this evening :cry:

Guest chris26

for goodness sake, we've barely seen the finish of cardiff 08... and we still have 6 months of this year left, plus 6 months before another cardiff event... and already, people are wishing time away. :rolleyes:

Edited by chris26

Can see a booze ban coming in if the Stadium owners read half of the threads on here :wink::lol:

Guest chris26
Can see a booze ban coming in if the Stadium owners read half of the threads on here :wink::lol:

run behind closed doors :wink::D

everyone has to be out on the street watching big screens :D

run behind closed doors :wink::D

everyone has to be out on the street watching big screens :D

Just hope then that there is no repeat of the cock up in Manc Chester when the UEFA Cup Final was on :wink:

umm interesting hearing that the details of the 2009 GP launched so soon , what about a 3pm start time as no major football etc on sky could still show it live .

Less chance of people getting a little to drunk before the start and better for families with kids

The big plus point could be that the IMG could be sticking 2 fingers up the rip off hotels , so people could travel back the same day like myself i live in Bristol could go by train in 30 mins .

At the moment last train is 10pm from Cardiff to Bristol so not an option

Just an idea

Just hope then that there is no repeat of the cock up in Manc Chester when the UEFA Cup Final was on :wink:

Yeah but speedway fans would know how to behave........ :wink::approve::wink:

umm interesting hearing that the details of the 2009 GP launched so soon , what about a 3pm start time as no major football etc on sky could still show it live .

Less chance of people getting a little to drunk before the start and better for families with kids

The big plus point could be that the IMG could be sticking 2 fingers up the rip off hotels , so people could travel back the same day like myself i live in Bristol could go by train in 30 mins .

At the moment last train is 10pm from Cardiff to Bristol so not an option

Just an idea

But then those of us who live nearly 300 miles away would have to stay over on the Friday night to be there on time for Saturday (or leave home at stupid o'clock on Saturday) and either stay over Saturday night or run the risk of being overtired and driving straight home after the meeting.

Nope, I think the time is just fine as it is...at least we can leave home at a semi decent time, have time to relax before the meeting starts and only one night really essential to stay over if you don't want to drive straight home.

Crazysue i fully understand the likes of yourself and newcastle and glasgow/edinburgh have hundreds of miles to travel , but i hope you understand my thinking behind it .

To be honest with you after going last year even with bombers win etc i thought it was a bit over rated and the pairs at somerset provided better racing and i am off to Marmande 3 corner grass track instead thats real fun in the sun .

so if the pairs was say at somerset you could book a hotel say in Bristol out of silly prices range in Cardiff then go to cardiff mid morning enjoy the GP And either go back to hotel or travel home .

Anyway in the next 2 hrs the news will be released enjoy

Yeah but speedway fans would know how to behave........ :wink::approve::wink:

Apparantly not, judging by some of the threads about Saturday :wink:

Dont know about anyone else, but just had an email through confirming that it is on the 27th June next year - with a 10% discount on prices if you buy before end of september.

Edited it to say that I see that the date is already mentioned on the other threads - sorry.

Edited by Iffoid