British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Triple.H.

27th June 2009. British Gp

Is it just me that cant get onto the online booking then?

There doesnt seem to be a link when i go on 'click here' :unsure:

I can't get it to do anything either, other than tell me the categories of ticket prices

Cool thats me and the family booked for 09

I am sure I saw a favourable report about that hotel on another thread on here. It sounded OK. :approve:

:blink::blink:

Thanks for that Tsunami, hope you and the clan enjoyed the GP on Saturday

Any ideas for a hotel then please guys?

Any ideas for a hotel then please guys?

All of the hotels I have phoned have said they cannot/have not released rooms for that date yet.

I can't get it to do anything either, other than tell me the categories of ticket prices

Same problem here but then went through the seetickets site and had no problem.

I'm good to you Nikki aren't I? ;)

We certainly did, including the proposed meeting at Sheffield which was rained off. Thanks for asking and hope you enjoyed it as well. Booked the stadium tickets but, as others have said, the hotels are not releasing the rooms some for another 3 months. With all the new hotels that have been built since the start of Millenium you would think the competition would hold the prices and there would be a surplus of rooms. But no. :angry:

:blink::blink:

Anyone stayed at Mercure the Lodge on Tyndall Street, whats it like??

Yep all booked in for next year again, not sure if this will be the 4th or 5th stay there :approve:

No not just you I couldn't access the link either. Still tickets booked now roll on June next year :lol::wink: .

I went to seetickets.com and booked on-line @ 7pm

http://www.seetickets.com/see/popup_frame....site=speedwaygp

And I booked my hotel on Saturday night for the same two nights as this year. - Sorted

Anyone stayed at Mercure the Lodge on Tyndall Street, whats it like??

Excellent hotel.

Only downside are the drunks that stay up all night and disturb the rest of us!! :lol:

Seriously Diamond - its a great hotel and the staff are very friendly. Its easily walkable into town but if you dont feel like it the taxi's arrive very quicly.

Booked in again for yout another year.

Se you there :lol:

I think most of the hotels were fully booked up a long time before this was announced.

I managed to book the last available room last night at 10pm in the same hotel we stayed at on Saturday, 10 minutes walk from the stadium, so well pleased. :approve:

Edited by Shadders

no worries about hotel for me, had it sorted out before this years gp even started :D

2nights in newport, maybe we will have newport up and running by then?

bring on the double header of welsh speedway!!

I think most of the hotels were fully booked up a long time before this was announced.

I almost rebooked mine as we were checking out on Sunday but didn't...had a long think on the way home and rebooked when we arrived back...only to cancel it a short time after when I booked a city centre one that needs no transport to and from the stadium.

This I then changed (again!) yesterday morning to a 2 night stay from a 1 night stay...and all without confirmed dates, just working on the assumption that it would be the same weekend and then spending the rest of the day with fingers crossed!