British Speedway Forum

The south is only "too far south" if you live in the north & vice versa!!!!!!! :blink:

Seems the best area to live being a speedway fan is the Midlands....but then they ain't got any decent clubs :wink:

Really though that's a shame Plymouth losing it cos I need to visit them this year as I haven't done so yet so now it'll have to be for a different fixture.

Sittingbourne sounds good to me (or is it too far south east?)

How about Glasgow!!!!

I know, have it after the PL Fours next week that'll be superdiddlydocious mate.

Edited by cheekyboys2

The south is only "too far south" if you live in the north & vice versa!!!!!!! :blink:

Sittingbourne has the advantage of motorways in the area. I believe that motorways in the SW end at Bath/Bristol.

Wiltshire, Dorset and Devon have no motorways (I think) It's so much easier when much of your journey can be travelled on motorways (barring accidents and roadworks)

Plus Plymouth is on a Friday - at least a Saturday or a Sunday meeting means that supporters don't have to use up holiday entitlements to attend a meeting.

Sittingbourne has the advantage of motorways in the area. I believe that motorways in the SW end at Bath/Bristol.

Wiltshire, Dorset and Devon have no motorways (I think) It's so much easier when much of your journey can be travelled on motorways (barring accidents and roadworks)

Plus Plymouth is on a Friday - at least a Saturday or a Sunday meeting means that supporters don't have to use up holiday entitlements to attend a meeting.

Have a look at an atlas before making inaccurate comments !!!!!! Please spare me this !!!!!

Devon has the M5 which ends at Exeter !!! Wiltshire has that "backwater" known as the M4 linking South Wales and London !!

The 43 miles of the A38 between Exeter and Plymouth are dual carraigeway throughout .... no travel difficulty there !!

Try living in West Cornwall ..... 100 miles from the start of the M5 !!!

Have a look at an atlas before making inaccurate comments !!!!!! Please spare me this !!!!!

Devon has the M5 which ends at Exeter !!! Wiltshire has that "backwater" known as the M4 linking South Wales and London !!

The 43 miles of the A38 between Exeter and Plymouth are dual carraigeway throughout .... no travel difficulty there !!

Try living in West Cornwall ..... 100 miles from the start of the M5 !!!

And if I remember correctly the original date planned for the fours was infact Saturday 16th August......

Indeed it was Saturday 16th August .... therefore completely destroying the very thread of Scribbler's comment !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by tiger of trelawny

Any news on what is happening with this years CL 4TT?

All seems to have gone rather quiet in the last two weeks!

Any news on what is happening with this years CL 4TT?

All seems to have gone rather quiet in the last two weeks!

nope .. I have heard rumours but that is as far as it gets..

I still think and it isnt because it is my home track Plymouth would be the best bet..

Massive crowds.. due to be on a Saturday night means teams actually making money from it.. there wont be another site that could do that due to the site's costs etc and spectators being there.. we could guarantee our home crowd of 1200+ and then travelling support would far out number any other venue.

I would say tell the BSPA to pay the riders more fuel money out of the proceeds from the event problem solved then..

but hey it isnt my choice at the end of the day.. the day to run is a logistical nightmare.. 32 riders... means 32 vans.. parking and pit space is a nightmare

Darren

Good point Darren about the BSPA paying the riders more fuel money. For Gary Beaton and Aaron Summers travelling from Scotland to Plymouth and being offered 10p a mile is a joke, they would be seriously out of pocket. I am disappointed that the BSPA have dithered over this fixture because we were going to travel from Teesside to support our team. Because it has seemingly been taken away from Plymouth and no alternative venue has been found, if they intend to run the meeting on the same evening we can now no longer attend as we have now cancelled the original time we booked off work.

nope .. I have heard rumours but that is as far as it gets..

I still think and it isnt because it is my home track Plymouth would be the best bet..

Massive crowds.. due to be on a Saturday night means teams actually making money from it.. there wont be another site that could do that due to the site's costs etc and spectators being there.. we could guarantee our home crowd of 1200+ and then travelling support would far out number any other venue.

I would say tell the BSPA to pay the riders more fuel money out of the proceeds from the event problem solved then..

but hey it isnt my choice at the end of the day.. the day to run is a logistical nightmare.. 32 riders... means 32 vans.. parking and pit space is a nightmare

Darren

The Conference fours will now take place at Stoke on Saturday 18th October with a 7.30pm start, according the the BSPA website.

Edited by Rob 3

This is now seriously beyond a joke..!

This thread has resided in the Conference section since the beginning of July and yet today Mods have moved it here..!!

For goodness sake, are you determined to destroy all debate about this meeting..!!!

Guest Steve Dixon
This is now seriously beyond a joke..!

This thread has resided in the Conference section since the beginning of July and yet today Mods have moved it here..!!

For goodness sake, are you determined to destroy all debate about this meeting..!!!

Is it not a shared event?

Are the Rye House Cobras in this?

I haven't heard any announcements at Rye House and there is no mention of it in the Rye House programme.

Expect a weakened team if they are indeed taking part.

I suspect Rob Mear will be at the Ace of Herts meeting as should Danny Halsey. As it's the last meeting at Hoddesdon this season I expect all the available Rockets team will be there to say goodbye to the fans who've supported them all year.

That'd probably mean a Cobras team consisting of: Gary Cottham, Andrew Aldridge, Terry Day and Rob Smith with Richard Franklin at reserve.

Guest Steve Dixon

Craig announced the team on Sunday.

Cobras

Smith

Aldridge

Cottham

Franklin

Saints

Bekker

Richardson

Hopwood

Irving