British Speedway Forum

Was the track the norm for Leszno last night? The lines didn't seem to work for the riders like they have in the past .................... making it not such an exciting meeting as it should have been imo?

The crowd looked pretty sparse too, were the prices too high for the poles to attend?

Dunno about the prices , but there have been much better meetings televised from Leszno in the past .

At the start of the programme they did mention there had been some rain , whether that had an effect on the track - i don't know . The centre of the track ( on the bends ) did become very bare in the second half of the meeting .

watched the meeting when i got back from Rye House last night and gotta say the racing at Rye was better and it was free.

4. Last 3 winners (or something about) of SWC rode in race-offs :wink:

exactly Mateusz!

imo holding the race off on the track of the final a couple of days before is absolute nonsense...... it provides a whole lot more than a second chance and the statistics prove it

however while these are the rules then it suits the Poles down to the ground to get properly setup for the final ..... as it will the Brits if they have the sense to make 100% sure that they dont win at Coventry (not that I dont think the Danes will beat them anyway at Cov)

With Ole famed for track manipulation the only thing he could do to provide an advantage for Denmark in the final is if the race off is given a grippy track and then he reverts it back to uber slick for the final....... it should be interesting to see what happens

exactly Mateusz!

imo holding the race off on the track of the final a couple of days before is absolute nonsense...... it provides a whole lot more than a second chance and the statistics prove it

Yeah I'm waiting for them to get to the position where no team will want to win their qualifier ................ that'll be a laugh!

Just watched heat 24 and gotta agree, what a brilliant ride by Gollob, pure genius.

iS THERE A REASON WHY pk ,mm,and Ricky Kling are not riding foe Sweden.

PK not interested, Max not good enough, Kling not quite as good as those who have been chosen.

And I'd have been inclined to go with Gollob in the race-off. No one ever seriously expected Hampel to beat Adams in the race-off, did they? Gollob's the Pole who has done it consistently at the highest level in high-profile, high-pressure races, such as GP finals and the like.

Edit - and as for who should've been used in the race-off, Ermolenko was totally correct (for a change) in his comments about Gollob IMO. Adams knew what Hampel would do on the first bend and I think Gollob would've used a bit more intelligence on track and thought more about where Adams was going to go. I also doubt Gollob would make such a brilliant start as Hampel did and throw it away.

Totally agree. When the Bobbin's looked at the permutations and realised there was a possibility of a drawn meeting, we automatically put Gollob and Adams into the raceoff. I can see teh thinking - Hampel was unbeaten and had already beaten Adams once - but Gollob would have never left Adams enough space on the first two turns.

I am the only one that heard "Laguta the scooter" Priceless Millard. :approve:

I heard that too - I also laughed my socks off when he said something along the lines of "It cant be a penalty shootout, the German's aren't in it" :lol:

All in all, Millard wasn't as bad as I feared, despite the phantom Joker. I still don't want to hear him on Monday though...

however while these are the rules then it suits the Poles down to the ground to get properly setup for the final ..... as it will the Brits if they have the sense to make 100% sure that they dont win at Coventry (not that I dont think the Danes will beat them anyway at Cov)

I would think the Danes would win at Coventry if they choose to. Not much opposition, after all.

Or maybe they will choose to come second in order to guarantee a good crowd at Vojens for the race-off?

Be more sensible to seed the hosting nation of the race-off and final to the race-off itself, I think. I know that would mean that they wouldn't race outside their own country that year, but I don't think that makes much difference to the top riders. Maybe Sweden might show some interest in staging the Finals if that was the case?

Having seen Olsen onTV yeterday, I can only suppose that he will be in charge of the track on Monday night. I trust, therefore, that the track will be a bald as a badger's nether regions in order for the Danes to go straight through to Saturday. Ermolenko said it last night - if the track at "Cuventry" (why he can't pronounce it properly is beyond me) is roughed up, the Brits stand a chance of winning.

I also fully expect that the track will be prepared especially to Nicki's liking on Saturday (and Thursday if they don't win outright on Monday). Call me cynical, but they should not let that man within a mile of any track if you want decent racing. He does a bad enough job on the temporary ones - don't let him stuff up a permanent one.

if 2 teams finish on the same points surely it is only fair that the team who hasnt used their joker should be the called the winner

if 2 teams finish on the same points surely it is only fair that the team who hasnt used their joker should be the called the winner

At last, the voice of reason!........................Sorry,pal,this is speedway.