British Speedway Forum

And still no internet links working :mad:

Don't worry, it's pish. :lol:

Don't worry, it's pish. :lol:

Wearing your pink dress yet? :lol:

Well done Aussies they are going to be a danger in the Final.

Makes it easier for GB in the race off.

An absolutely beautiful first corner from Leigh Adams sealed it in the race-off.

Poor meeting but decent result especially from a GB perspective.

An absolutely beautiful first corner from Leigh Adams sealed it in the race-off.

Was a poor meeting but the swc should get better form now on in.

Well,I enjoyed seeing the Aussies win,and overall I did`nt think the meeting to be that bad.

We`ve certainly seen worse on a Monday night this season. :lol:

decent result from a gb perspective,and an even better one if your an aussie,but i diabolical result for any of us that like to see the BEST team win.

speedway should be ashamed

A bit tough on the Poles - only a race-off because of the much-maligned "Joker" rule. But it is the rule. And no doubt the Poles will get to use it on Thursday. I doubt Jagus will be there - expect to see the semi-weird Walasek taking his place.

And I'd have been inclined to go with Gollob in the race-off. No one ever seriously expected Hampel to beat Adams in the race-off, did they? Gollob's the Pole who has done it consistently at the highest level in high-profile, high-pressure races, such as GP finals and the like.

Anyway, congratulations to the Australians.

But while people are being a bit "sniffy" about the Poles' chances in Vojens it is worth pointing out they finished second to the Danes in the SWC round at Vojens last season. And that was one place ahead of the Australians. It's not yet over for the Poles. But they need to get Kasprzak sorted out.

Edited by Subedei

Even though the Joker would be better named with the 'r' knocked off the end, it's there to be used at the end of the day. Bit harsh on Poland but it's the rules and as it happened it played straight into Australia's hands.

Edit - and as for who should've been used in the race-off, Ermolenko was totally correct (for a change) in his comments about Gollob IMO. Adams knew what Hampel would do on the first bend and I think Gollob would've used a bit more intelligence on track and thought more about where Adams was going to go. I also doubt Gollob would make such a brilliant start as Hampel did and throw it away.

Edited by tigerblues

A bit tough on the Poles - only a race-off because of the much-maligned "Joker" rule. But it is the rule. And no doubt the Poles will get to use it on Thursday. I doubt Jagus will be there - expect to see the semi-weird Walasek taking his place.

And I'd have been inclined to go with Gollob in the race-off. No one ever seriously expected Hampel to beat Adams in the race-off, did they? Gollob's the Pole who has done it consistently at the highest level in high-profile, high-pressure races, such as GP finals and the like.

Anyway, congratulations to the Australians.

But while people are being a bit "sniffy" about the Poles chances in Vojens it is worth pointing out they finished second to the Danes in the SWC round at Vojens last season. And that was one place ahead of the Australians. It's not yet over for the Poles. But they need to get Kasprzak sorted out.

Your spot on here, Pols lost it as soon as they left Gollob out.

Wasn't so much the joker as Jagus's engine failure in the joker race that cost the Poles . Quite pleased the Aussies done it though as the Poles looked to be getting a bit of assistance from the Russians towards the end of the meeting .

Good to see Shane Parker laughing and joking in the pits . Looks a bit skinny though .

Even though the Joker would be better named with the 'r' knocked off the end, it's there to be used at the end of the day. Bit harsh on Poland but it's the rules and as it happened it played straight into Australia's hands.

The thing about the Joker in the SWC, as opposed to league competitions where it's used, is that in the SWC it can wipe out a lead in a single race, as happened tonight. In the league competitions in which it is used, with the "bar" for use being set at 10 points, it can only claw back a maximum of 7 points, with an 8-1.

The thing about the Joker in the SWC, as opposed to league competitions where it's used, is that in the SWC it can wipe out a lead in a single race, as happened tonight. In the league competitions in which it is used, with the "bar" for use being set at 10 points, it can only claw back a maximum of 7 points, with an 8-1.

Yes you are right I think they should change it to 8 points.

Quite pleased the Aussies done it though as the Poles looked to be getting a bit of assistance from the Russians towards the end of the meeting .

I thought it was the Russkies getting assistance from the Poles, Tomek just loves team riding with them. :lol:

Gutted that Jarek didn't win the run-off but at least we get to see the Poles again on Thursday. Far better entertainment than the Aussies. :approve: