British Speedway Forum

At least no mention of Mildura or sorting "the sheep from the goats" - phew!!

I thought the commentary was excellent tonight - no screaming, no shouting. I suppose we'll be cursed with screams of "Come on Scottie" and the like from the imbecile on Monday.

I thought the commentary was excellent tonight - no screaming, no shouting. I suppose we'll be cursed with screams of "Come on Scottie" and the like from the imbecile on Monday.

Yeah fair comment, when I first heard Tony Millard I was a bit worried but he wasn't too bad i guess - or maybe I'm just becoming more tolerant in my old age. As for Monday, I can handle the occasional "come on Scotty" or some home bias showing through - know Mr Pearson's not everyone's cup of tea but he's enthusiastic about speedway & gives all levels of British speedway a plug on Sky when he can. It's the "Wuffy Wuffy Wuffy" shout later in the week that I'm worried about!

Yeah fair comment, when I first heard Tony Millard I was a bit worried but he wasn't too bad i guess - or maybe I'm just becoming more tolerant in my old age. As for Monday, I can handle the occasional "come on Scotty" or some home bias showing through - know Mr Pearson's not everyone's cup of tea but he's enthusiastic about speedway & gives all levels of British speedway a plug on Sky when he can. It's the "Wuffy Wuffy Wuffy" shout later in the week that I'm worried about!

Even Sky got fed up with him at Cardiff, and asked him to stop "acting like a fan". That said, I can't say I particularly care who's commentating, actually.

"Wuffy Wuffy Wuffy"

Nooooooo, perlease! Just keep calm and collected Nige ;)

Surely I'm not the only one who heard "He's leading the talent quadruplet, well, trio plus 1"? I thought the SWC was 4 rider per race these days? Millard seemed to think it was 5.

Other than that, I'm starting to think he's better than Pearson, maybe the short break has done him the World of good?

Surely I'm not the only one who heard "He's leading the talent quadruplet, well, trio plus 1"? I thought the SWC was 4 rider per race these days? Millard seemed to think it was 5.

Other than that, I'm starting to think he's better than Pearson, maybe the short break has done him the World of good?

Okay, maybe I'm missing your point, but "quadruplet" means four and "trio plus 1" (the hapless Hungarian - you had a choice of four) means four, so where do you get five from?

If he was leading 4, plus himself, there were 5 in the race.

If he was leading 4, plus himself, there were 5 in the race.

I took that to mean that the leader was part of the talented quadruplet.

You Tube People!!! ...Can someone over there throw me a bone and post a race or twenty six so i can see :approve::mad::approve:

Any idea which over zealous mod decided to close the topic earlier on when people were struggling for results or access to various forms of the entertainment that was provided tonight?

Answers please on a postcard :lol:

Any idea which over zealous mod decided to close the topic earlier on when people were struggling for results or access to various forms of the entertainment that was provided tonight?

Answers please on a postcard :lol:

I would have thought what with it being on Sky, live on the Internet and all the scores on Updates some over-zealous people might have actually REFRAINED from posting during a meeting for once. :blink:

I would have thought what with it being on Sky, live on the Internet and all the scores on Updates some over-zealous people might have actually REFRAINED from posting during a meeting for once. :blink:

Oh to a certain extent I agree Dave,but not all people have access to all of the above.

:lol:

Oh to a certain extent I agree Dave,but not all people have access to all of the above.

:lol:

HMMM - correct me if I'm wrong, DB, but I would have thought there'd be some low-down bar or clip joint in some seedy quarter of town that'd have Sky (Is the Dirty Duck still next to the Market?) and whose Publican could be persuaded to put it on on the promise of not having a future which includes eatin' corn-on-the-cob with NO ******* TEETH, and let's face it if yer on here yer can log on to Updates ferforkssake. :rolleyes:

it is unfortunate for me .........sky sports does not air in the states ...........the live internet stream does not link half the time and when it does i get every fifth frame..........not easy being a fan of a sport that is truly hard to keep up with here.

ah perlease no! You guys have such short memories.......... Tony Millard's commentary technique consists of repeating the same old things over and over again.......... he makes ridiculous statements for a commentator like...... '8 points will see him qualify'......when we know that it isnt a given........ and his alzheimers is as bad as Murray Walker's before he was asked not to return................... we are doing very well with only having Mr Millard part time thankyou very much

and the only other thing to say is......... The Russians are coming!!!