British Speedway Forum
Star Lady

What Do You Expect On Thursday

woffinden aside (potentially) who do you feel is worthy of praise

All of the British riders do, having watched them all except Woffinden in Sweden this season, they were all better. :approve:

Guest chris26
Congrats to Sweden and Poland.

Team GB... oh dear... :blink:

:cry:

that's being a bit too criticial/harsh on the team. :blink: - it wasn't all bad...

woffinden aside (potentially) who do you feel is worthy of praise

think you read my post the wrong way. i'm not saying he should be praising all the british riders.

that's being a bit too criticial/harsh on the team. :blink: - it wasn't all bad...

Nope - not all bad. Just mostly. One bright spark - Tai Woffinden. :approve:

As the Aussies have got through to the final, I wonder if he's regretting deciding to be a Brit? :rolleyes::lol:

Among all the posts about Team Great Britain, may I just say that - despite not being overly patriotic - I'm very proud of Team Sweden tonight. An excellent job! Pushing Denmark and beating Great Britain at home on Monday and following up with a win of current champions Poland at Vojens is class! All riders have done really well so far, I just hope they have something left in the tank to fight for a medal on Saturday night. Go Sweden! :approve:

I cant take anything out of tonight other than Tai Woffindens showing, and even that didnt surprise me because i think the lad is a fabulous rider. He's something special. I hope people give him the time and space to develop and it will come. The rest ? Oh dear. Richardson reminds me of the proverbial British loser, like Tim Henman. Nicholls is over rated. Kennet tried, perhaps his efforts outweighed the talent early on [ over riding ? ] and was a bit out of his depth in this field but maybe will be a good performer on the world stage in years to come, time will tell, for me the jury is still out. Harris, i dont know what he was playing at when he was on the best gate at the time [ 3 ] actually gated and then drifted into no mans land and promptly got passed by the Swede and Pole. 5 out of 10 for his efforts too. Some may say im being harsh but i dont think so. The Swedes had a Premier League rider in and no disrespect to Peter Ljung but hes not an Elite Leaguer. Also we were told by the opinionated Pearson ' the Poles will struggle on the tight bends of Vojens ' Excuse me ??

We should have been in the mix with both. We were after 9 races but floundered after this point. Also amazed at Jim Lynch in his interview when he said ' We came here to maybe get second, we didnt think we could win, but maybe we've a chance ! ' [ of 1st ] Attitude of a realist ? I think they should have been pumped up to win the meeting outright. But once again for the umpteenth time we watch GB disappoint. Grand Prix riders getting beaten [ easily ] by Premier League riders and Continental riders who dont even ride EL, PL, and im not certain of the Russians pedegree on Polish and Swedish League racing but Harris and Nicholls shouldnt be losing to them. Restored Pride in Pearsons words ?, but for me we came a distant 3rd in a 3 horse race. Tai was a shining bright spot though.

oh and most stupid comment of the night,tatum suggesting wright was there for world cup experience.

if that was true they would have been better off just taking a pregnant woman.

Wrong, the most stupid comment of the night is yours, not only stupid but offensive, as is the one you made above this one.

Guest chris26

those russians were wild at times... mind you, nermark was wild too on occasions. Is he a Russian in disguise? :unsure::P:lol:

Edited by chris26

Nope - not all bad. Just mostly. One bright spark - Tai Woffinden. :approve:

As the Aussies have got through to the final, I wonder if he's regretting deciding to be a Brit? :rolleyes::lol:

doesn't sound like it, as he thinks in 5 years time, we will be good again! can't wait.

Guest chris26
doesn't sound like it, as he thinks in 5 years time, we will be good again! can't wait.

well, he's right... cannot go any worse than the bottom of the slope we are at atm :neutral::lol:

woffinden, haines, kennett, king and harris in 5 years time leading GB to glory... suits me fine :approve::D

Wrong, the most stupid comment of the night is yours, not only stupid but offensive, as is the one you made above this one.

Why? Are you a pregnant woman? Things will be really dire if James Wright makes the SWC team - he's unSteady lite.

I wish everyone would shut up about the commentators. So what, they are a little annoying, but none of you moaning, would be any different, if you were in their shoes.

And by complaining constantly, you are equally as annoying as they are. Put a sock in it, or watch something else. Its getting really boring.

The only problem is that they said exactly that 5 years ago - we'll build on what we have achieved, the riders we have etc. etc. Leigh Richardson and Scott Nicholls were the "great white hopes", then it was Eddie Kennett, Simon Stead, Chris Harris, now it's Tai Woffinden. And we have not become world beaters. It's kind of depressing when the last British individual world champion (not longtrack) won almost 30 years ago, and the last time we were WTC champs was when Tatum was captain in the 80's! I would honestly be delighted to see a British team win, and I will support them when they ride, but it won't happen for a long time - and possibly not within the 5 years predicted tonight.

Why? Are you a pregnant woman? Things will be really dire if James Wright makes the SWC team - he's unSteady lite.

And you are just as offensive as your little buddy.

. It's kind of depressing when the last British individual world champion (not longtrack) won almost 30 years ago,

what about havvy and loramski bobbin :wink:

Edited by mervjankefanclub