British Speedway Forum

This time next week ......... :lol::lol:
We'll be looking at the clock and asking "whats so bloody great about it?", while a load of tourist clap it.

We'll be looking at the clock and asking "whats so bloody great about it?", while a load of tourist clap it.

Actually at 4:40 (the time of my post) and 7:57 (the time of yours) Iwould agree with you but it gets VERY exciting on the hour every hour - and you know it SCB!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

NOT!!! :lol:

Not the famous Astronomically-boring Clock?

I dont know where the 'boring' comes in - I could sit in one of the bars looking up at it for hours.

In fact - I think this year we will pick a bar (especially looking at the weather) very close, arrive about 10 and stay all day.

Of course if it was a coffee shope we would stay at that instead bt there arent any!!!! :wink::lol:

You just have to spend a lot of time around it, to appreciate it!!! :lol:

Edited by Sandie

I'd like to point out it is my last day of work before going to Prague. C'mon!

I'd like to point out it is my last day of work before going to Prague. C'mon!
:( I have 3 more days

18 of us going in total, staying in old town apartments.
Snap :) but there only 5 of us Edited by SCB

18 of us going in total, staying in old town apartments.

Snap :)

Oh dear!!! :lol:

that clock is interesting, but wouldnt wanna stay there all day, much more in prague than just the clock, my hotels a few metro stops east off the town, get to see the quieter side off prague for once ( probely the ruffest as well ) lol

They were last year and we're hopeful they are this year as thats our plan too.

Anyone up for a Brit gathering on the back straight? (for those of us slumming it and standing) If so, I suggest somewhere near the entrance to the 3rd bend, as there's a bar just behind there :D We'll start the ball rolling with 5 of us.

well scb you can add another 4 comets fans to that we were on 3rd bend last year and the bar was 6ft away

less space to fall over there come and say hello we will av our colours on our backs and the back straight is

an awsome place to be especially with the poles giving it their all to mr pederson ;)

Don't forget to watch out for Lunchy & Big Ron (think Laurel & Hardy & you won't be too wide of the mark!! :rolleyes:) from Down Under; just a little payback for all those Convicts!! :lol:

Did Sandie say she was buying the first round?......

Are there any decent bars near Wenceslas Square? Need to find somewhere for the thursday night.

Cheers All the best Paul B)

Are there any decent bars near Wenceslas Square? Need to find somewhere for the thursday night.

As mentioned on the previous page - The Beer Factory. It's at the top of the Square on the right-hand side (roughly opposite the McDonalds) as you are walking up the hill towards the Museum. Not the cheapest (or particularly expensive) place, but the (ooops got excited and added a word) hopefully the hot dancer girl will be there again. :wub::lol:

Edited by 21st century heathen