British Speedway Forum

What a bore, bst follow the leader this year

What did he say?

I said it was yet another slickfest of a GP . Then one of the mods put on their jackboots and removed it . Presumably because i posted it during the meeting , but as it was about heat 8 everyone would have been fast asleep or turned it over to see the lottery programme .

Anyway congratulations to the evil dane on his gating prowess .

:lol: Heheheh. Bless.

It was a generally good evening's racing, not too exciting. But the T shirt never lies, and Nicki stormed home to victory.

I suspect the fact that Sky Sports did keep talking about Crump only served to annoy him further, which let's be honest is about the best reason to go out there and whoop someones ass big style. Not only that it also served another purpose, it gave the Crumpet a bloody good kick up the ass when The Spiky Nik Nak wouldn't shake his hand. Competition and rivalry, sometimes it rocks...Shame about Bommber, I like it when he does well. He punches the ground.

On the other hand, the smiley loveliness of Greg Hancock and his overall genuine talent and good natured comments makes him a great ambassador for the sport...But as we all know life just isn't like that...

So hurrah for the Spiky Nick Nak and his hairdryers, who knows the more he wins the more hairdryers that will appear.

Another GP, another contest on how to gate on concrete tracks, no racing what so ever, utter rubbish.

Other than the diehards why would anyone go to a GP.

Olsen single handed has over the years ruined Speedway, for everyone that says first out the gate wins, Well tonight proved that once and for all .

i do think it is a shame when television covers an event it is a great chance for the sport to shine to a world wide audience, and time and time again over the years it is the same old story. it isnt all Olsens fault, he is probably making the tracks the way riders want them. anytime you get a good amount of dirt you usually get a great meeting and still have people complaining about holes ruts etc. make no mistake, Olsen in his day liked slick tracks but could ride deep and or rough tracks. its just that television coverage is so important to the life of speedway, and last year at cardiff was a good example of how this sport deservedly should come across to a wide audience. it shows the sport as it deserves to be shown. it is a sport that IS the final last year at cardiff, and not a drag race to the first corner. i know it is tough to put on a consistent series, and i am one who doesnt place the blame only at Olsens feet. the riders should demand better, if they did the viewer and ticket paying customer would get a better product. these are the best speedway racers in the world and they can or should be able to race on any surface within reason. the sport will die out completely unless something is done. if it is gonna be a waste to watch on tv it surely isnt going to be any better in person.

i do think it is a shame when television covers an event it is a great chance for the sport to shine to a world wide audience, and time and time again over the years it is the same old story. it isnt all Olsens fault, he is probably making the tracks the way riders want them. anytime you get a good amount of dirt you usually get a great meeting and still have people complaining about holes ruts etc. make no mistake, Olsen in his day liked slick tracks but could ride deep and or rough tracks. its just that television coverage is so important to the life of speedway, and last year at cardiff was a good example of how this sport deservedly should come across to a wide audience. it shows the sport as it deserves to be shown. it is a sport that IS the final last year at cardiff, and not a drag race to the first corner. i know it is tough to put on a consistent series, and i am one who doesnt place the blame only at Olsens feet. the riders should demand better, if they did the viewer and ticket paying customer would get a better product. these are the best speedway racers in the world and they can or should be able to race on any surface within reason. the sport will die out completely unless something is done. if it is gonna be a waste to watch on tv it surely isnt going to be any better in person.

Brilliant post.

People complain about the ruts at Cardiff but as long as riders aren't getting injured it makes the racing ten times better then these tracks.

Surely after the last god knows how many years,Nicholls has got to make way,unless he qualifies on merit,for Holder or Sajfutdinov?

I think nicholls should get Rosco and subedei in the pits to make him into a global superstar .

And my next trick after that would be to feed the 5,000 - probably a whole lot easier to achieve.

And my next trick after that would be to feed the 5,000 - probably a whole lot easier to achieve.

Go to the next poole next home meeting and try . :lol:

Surely after the last god knows how many years,Nicholls has got to make way,unless he qualifies on merit,for Holder or Sajfutdinov?

Should happen but it probably won't.

:lol:

Go to the next poole next home meeting and try . :lol:

I said 5,000, not 55,000 - I'm not Brian, you know.

Agree with what you say, the likes of Holder and Sajfutdinov, have got to be considered for next year’s Gp’s.

It needs a big shake up. There are too many riders who are just making the numbers up.

I accept Dryml and Kasprzak Qualified fair and square.

But we saw what the youngsters did in the SWC. It does seem a shame that these young riders are kicking their heels, while certain riders in the present Gp’s will never improve.