British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
trainer

Northside 16th August 2008

Round 2 to be held at Northside 16th August 2008.

Addmision Prices Adult £5

Children £1

Stat time is 3pm

As a note Workington at home at night to Edinburgh 7pm start so why not make a day of it and cover both meetings.

Edited by trainer

Post code for Northside Track is CA14 1NG

The name of the road is Delta Drive (But there is no sign up saying so) It is down as unamed road

Instructions

Follow A66 to its end in Workington you will come to a set of trafic lights take right hand lane and turn right, follow this road for abour 1/2 a mile down a hill past the police station on left over the river.

At the roundabout take 1st exit for about 1/2 mile the river is on your left.

At Next roundabout take 1st exit signposted The Port of Workington follow road over hump backed bridge (railway) past oil depo on left 50 yards turn right hight restriction barrier this will be open.

Follow road over 4 speed humps track is on right sign says Alledale Motor Project.

I believe track will be signposted from the end of the A66 in Workington

From Scotland and North East Head to Carlisle Then take A595 and head to Cockermouth then follow signs for Workington(A66) then as above.

If you end up on A596 dont wory just follow it to Workington when you pass Dunmail park on left 1/4 mile you come to a roundabout take 3rd exit for The Port Of Workington then as above.

Please note start time changed to 3pm at request of scb.

For on the day weather contact Judith on07788436220 in the event of a rain off I believe all riders will be contacted starting with the furtherst away.But we hope the weather will be kind.

Edited by trainer

Good Luck to James Sargeant, and I hope that the engine is okay for this meeting.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Could someone please post a list of riders for this meeting or direct me to a website about it, many thanks.

Here's wishing all the riders a safe and enjoyable meeting. :)

Is there any chance of someone putting the results on here...I won't hold my breath for the BSPA to put any results up, even though they are supposed to be all up for developing young British riders !!! Yeah Right !!! It would be nice to know and I dare say very encouraging for the young lads them selves to get some credit somewhere for trying to make the grade.

1st james sarjeant

2ndjason garity

3rd john resch

4th jack hirst

sorry thats all i know

spin king juniour

Results from Northside

500cc

1st James Sargeant

2nd Jason Garrity

3rd John Resch

4th Jack Hirst

250cc

1st Rhys Naylor

2nd Nathen Stoneman

3rd Jack Cornes

4th Conor Dwyer (fell)

500cc Qual round

Jason Garity 3,3,3,3=12

James Sarjeant2,2,2,3=9

Run off

John Resch 3,3,0,2=8

Jack Hirst 1,2,2,2,=7

Joe Jacobs 2,0,3,0=5

Cameron hoskins 0,0,1,1

1stResch 2nd Hirst through to final

Hoskins got into run off after ride off with Scott Gibbons as they could not be seperated on count back.

250cc

Rhys Naylor 3,3,3,3=12

Conor Dwyer3,3,2,0=8

Run off

Lloyd Barrett1,2,3,2=8

Jack Cornes2,2,2,1=7

Nathen Stoneman2,0,0,3=5

Daniel l`Anson1,1,1,2=5

1st stoneman 2ndCornes through to final

A very enjoyable meeting a big thankyou to all the riders a big mention for the 500cc final was worth the addmision fee alone.

I think the scores are correct.

Edited by trainer

The crowd was about 100 which was not too bad considering the forcast was for heavy rain,

Just as a note a big thanks to the people nthat helped us out with sponsorship.Tony Mole,Susan & terri Roper,John Moffat Plant hire & utility services,Allparts car spares,Wulfsport,John Elliot plant hire.

Also thanks to Everybody that helped to stage the meeting & Tony Mole for presenting the prizes

Thanks trainer for posting all that information. Hopefully the youngsters had a terrific day and it has helped with their development.

Can't understand why here they had semis and a final in the 500's to decide the winner of the round when at Stoke in round 1 they didn't. Surely all 5 rounds should be run under the same format ???????.

Imagine changing the format of the GP's imbetween rounds.