British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
trainer

Northside 16th August 2008

I heard that a lot of the under 15 boys would not enter this round as there was no fuel money available if this is true shame on the promoters the boys have the same costs as any big riders. The boys give up a lot to ride speedway and yes they are still very young and have lots to learn but when tracks are making money off the events that are run surely they could stretch to a gallon of fuel I for one would like to know what happens to all the sponsorship money and the gate money that was took in . Last year at Northside it was said that all money taken in was to go into the track and it would be made biggar but that didnt happen the boys all risk damage to themselves and thier bikes for what nothing meantime the promoters have big fat wallets this could be called exploitation so it's about time the b.s.p.a did somthing about this before we lose boys from the sport.

morganbike if you read your program from stoke it says if 8 riders or under they will have semi s and final to make the heats up, why didn t the champ turn up

Dan rode in a conference match instead. There's a nice countershaft on e bay for you.

Like I said no reason to change the format depending on number of riders entered. Has always worked in the past so no need to make the heats up.

I don't think that clubs run these events to make money and covering the costs of the paramedics is paramount.Insurance and trophys will cost a bit and from day one all riders know there are no expenses available to cover costs so I doubt your facts are valid. Northside is a stand alone training venue and certainly do not have big fat wallets. They do however supply drinks and pasties from the local bun shop free when you pay to train and no others do that. Well done to Judith and her crew for another succesfull meeting.

Edited by morganbike

The crowd was about 100 which was not too bad considering the forcast was for heavy rain,

Just as a note a big thanks to the people nthat helped us out with sponsorship.Tony Mole,Susan & terri Roper,John Moffat Plant hire & utility services,Allparts car spares,Wulfsport,John Elliot plant hire.

Also thanks to Everybody that helped to stage the meeting & Tony Mole for presenting the prizes

Surprised there is no mention of Thomas Armstrong's who supplied most of the material for the track.

Surprised there is no mention of Thomas Armstrong's who supplied most of the material for the track.

Thomas Armstrong Supplied nothing for this meeting the people mentioned all donated for this meeting.there was also no official help from Workington Speedway. Armstrongs have been thanked on numorous occations for there invalid help in building the track 7 years ago.

Quite rite morgan bike it did cost a lot of money to put onthis event & no fat proffit at the end & dont forget the £250 licence fee for the day.

Last years event was run by Workington Speedway (Tony Mole) not NSTT so the money from last year could not go into making the track bigger maybee if some of the sky money was channelled our way we would be able to do it or SCB money,

Last year it cost Tony Mole several thousand pounds out of pocket to put the event on.

Edited by trainer

Thomas Armstrong Supplied nothing for this meeting the people mentioned all donated for this meeting.there was also no official help from Workington Speedway. Armstrongs have been thanked on numorous occations for there invalid help in building the track 7 years ago.

Quite rite morgan bike it did cost a lot of money to put onthis event & no fat proffit at the end & dont forget the £250 licence fee for the day.

Last years event was run by Workington Speedway (Tony Mole) not NSTT so the money from last year could not go into making the track bigger maybee if some of the sky money was channelled our way we would be able to do it or SCB money,

Last year it cost Tony Mole several thousand pounds out of pocket to put the event on.

What was it that cost the thousands,as there was a fair crowd last year at £10.00 per head.

Good meeting enjoyed watching Jason Garrity , the lad has some talent well at least at northside he does maybe others can enlighten me as to how he rides elsewear? well done to sarjeant too!

i felt sorry for Nathen Stoneman he was in a good position on 2 occasions when he fell on the second bend.

Great to see a meeting with such young promise for the future keep it up lads, well done to Northside for putting on the meet. i for one will be coming again!

Edited by Stoney=Legend

Good meeting enjoyed watching Jason Garrity , the lad has some talent well at least at northside he does maybe others can enlighten me as to how he rides elsewear? well done to sarjeant too!

i felt sorry for Nathen Stoneman he was in a good position on 2 occasions when he fell on the second bend.

Great to see a meeting with such young promise for the future keep it up lads, well done to Northside for putting on the meet. i for one will be coming again!

I think that you can see Jason at Belle Vue, not seen him for sometime, we used to go to Sheffield training track, where we had the winner James Sargeant and also Cameron Hoskins as well, all lads that are very talented

All very good riders, I think of the three James is the better overall rider, Jason is the exciting one, Cameron is a little bit younger but I think given the right backing all these lads will have a fine future.

dandy only know one that didn t come due to cost yes it would be nice to get travel but we know what the deal is before entering

stoney=legend jason has been excellent at all the tracks i ve seen him at as is one for the future

trainer can you explain why you have to pay 250 for licence when its the scb that asked you to do it and i know that all the other tracks have been given money by scb to help with cost ??

morganbike good to see dan getting confrence rides, it does make me smile when you stick up for the lack off money when your the first to ask how much when its acadmey etc and don t worry yourself about countershaft i called a real mate and he had one cheaper and it was neb and he stuck to the deal

Are there any more plans at the minute for future meetings at Northside? anyone?

Also James Sajeant and Jason Garrity, who has there contract? Sheffield???

Edited by Stoney=Legend

Are there any more plans at the minute for future meetings at Northside? anyone?

Also James Sajeant and Jason Garrity, who has there contract? Sheffield???

Nobody can own these lads as they are both only 14 at the moment, as far as I am aware only until they are 16, can they actually sign for a club.

I wish that I could have gone to Northside I would have loved to have seen these boys, they along with quite a few others Danny Greenwood springs to mind need all the encouragement they can get, Promoters need to invest in these boys, they are our future, and if we are going to compete with the Danes and other nations, the likes of James, Jason and Danny are the lads that are going to be the ones to follow in the likes of Tai Woffendens tyre prints.

And we as supporters of the sport need to be patient and get behind the boys, they have the talent it needs nuturing.

trainer can you explain why you have to pay 250 for licence when its the scb that asked you to do it and i know that all the other tracks have been given money by scb to help with cost ??

Yes we did get help I think £400 but 250 for licennce 150 for the ref I think that is rite so the 400 SCB give you goes back to them we have to find the rest of the cots ourselves. i don`t know the exact figures yet but I think we will probebly break even.

Top cat Wrote:

What was it that cost the thousands,as there was a fair crowd last year at £10.00 per head.

The number that paid last year was about 170,Extra costs last year Electrical pits 2 min beacon & siren extra green light,exclution lights,we already had red lights but had to get one for centre green. 2mtre exclution zone fence purchased from thomas Armsrongs,20 ton of hardcore,P.A system who came from Sheffield,Portable toilets.2 Ambulances,Paramedic, groundworks inc jcb & grass cutting, All paid for by Tony Mole.

Pleased to hear that so many people enjoyed the meeting it makes all the hard work worth it & don`t forget we are still learning about running meetings.

Well Done Trainer, you work working with younger riders is invaluable.

great day well done to everyone involved ,,meeting very good,shame about the luck jason had in the final,he had been a full straight infront of everyone all day then after his ride before the final his primary chain came of taking teeth of his front sprocket and taking a bit off his clutch basket so swaped parts off his second bike then as he went out for the final the same happened again so we lent him our bike,as it was set up for a novice bald tyre ,masive over geared four or five teeth on ,he had no chance,but i will say he rode his heart out in that final as everyone there would have seen ,but no one new the story because our bike is one of jasons old ones in his colours ,but he still got second ,hope all goes well for him in the next rounds