British Speedway Forum

I shall run into you one day mate ( Ashfield on Aug 31st maybe ) . I did leave the house to go to Armadale last night , but was drenched when i got to Johnstone train station so i'm afraid it was a case of " f**k this " and i just went down the club for a few bevvies instead .

Cool mate, i asked KJ and ML if you were in last night, too be honest i nearly never went myself, i got a fish supper and went round my nana's after work and the heavens opened again about 6.15, but its been weird weather, a huge cloud but blue sky all around so i just thought i'd head up!

Yes, i must get through to Glasgow sometime too if i can, never been yet!

Pointless meeting in the middle of the season ends up with another injury for us
Got to disagree marron. It's part and parcel of a speedway riders life, if he gets the chance to earn money, he takes it. In the 70's and 80's there was an open meeting almost every week somewhere or other, and great they were too. I was certainly not a pointless meeting for the Scottish

fans, but hard luck on James Greaves, hope it is not too serious. Hurry back James, we need you at Redcar!

The final was good, but Rory was just up and gone by the 2nd bend. If the Bees do release him, then they are mugs! Rory is hitting top form and more importantly - confidence now. The lad loved being back at his spirtual home tonight and him and his Dad loved being back amongst friends. When Rory is happy and relaxed, he wins races with such ease. If we win the play-off, then Rory can be our number 1 ;)

Very true

There was some good races, notably ht 12 as already mentioned. Aaron has progressed again since I last saw him, so smooth and to quote ML, a good speedway brain! Roo was a deserved winner, most races when the EL guys gated they were well ahead. great performance from Andrew, he did not look out of place in the final.

Rory did say when interviewed that if we get promoted to phone him :)

In a word (or two) - No bloomin way!!

You lot gave him up and after fighting Pammie and a few others I became his joint number 1 fan and there is no chuffin way I am coming up to Edinburgh every week to see him ride.

Its bad enough checking out other clubs fixture lists with all that is happening south of the border at the moment!

Any how - Congratulations Rory on a confidence boosting great win at a place he loves returning to.

Despite all his trouble he smiled broadly when he told me the week before he was coming up to see you all again and a Rory smile is almost as rare a Coventry win at the moment!!!

I was in Prague on Friday (otherwise I think we may have come up as well) and I was getting texts from England, Scotland and Australia on this win. It does go to show what a boost it was.

Thanks Edinburgh fans (and others) you were the shot in the arm this boy needed. :lol:

Edited by Sandie

Poor meeting for the paying public,Roo Boy in a class of his own.

Of the four finalists,only Tully unexpected but all credit to him,also a mention to Summers.